2.5 Weeks Post DJS and Genio

D

Deleted member 3679

IL DUCE
So on the 22nd I underwent DJS + genio in Rome with Dr. Pagnoni, I had a rhino/chin implant in 2007 and could tell the implant was starting to recede into the bone plus I have always had sleep apnea and breathing issues. He moved my maxilla 4mm, mandible 5mm, 3mm mandible widening at ramus, did slight CCW rotation, replaced chin implant with 7mm genioplasty, and did radiofrequency palatoplasty to open my airway. First week of recovery sucked but it's getting better although my midface and upper lip is very swollen. My breathing is much much better I can tell a huge difference in the quality of my sleep and don't feel the need to mouth breathe when exercising anymore.

Here are some pics even though I'm still swollen.

Before

Before front

Before side

After

Front

Side 1

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, AscendingHero, MadTwatter and 31 others
greycels are some of the best and worst users here ngl

good result OP, how much did it cost?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Birdcell, ChristianChad and 9 others
I can't really tell what the final result looks like, send a side profile at a proper angle
Looks like your jaw will be big though

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Darkstrand, Deleted member 4614 and 1 other person
another thread proving that greycels are the real looksmaxxers

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: bradpittshairline, AscendingHero, marin and 22 others
another thread proving that greycels are the real looksmaxxers

Hey I had my first surgery in 2007 (rhino/chin implant) so I'm a veteran in the looksmaxxing game! LOL at greycel I still don't have any grey hairs actually

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, valhalar, AlexBrown84 and 37 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, bradpittshairline, Deleted member 23748 and 43 others
I can't really tell what the final result looks like, send a side profile at a proper angle
Looks like your jaw will be big though

I'll upload more pics in like a month or whatever as I'm still very swollen especially in the midface, but yes although the jaw widening was only 3mm per side it balances out the additional forward growth quite well.

I'm surprised at the lack of vertical lengthening which I think contributes to a deepened labiomental fold. Sort of bizarre since that's typically resolved with djs and sg.

I'm surprised at the lack of vertical lengthening which I think contributes to a deepened labiomental fold. Sort of bizarre since that's typically resolved with djs and sg.

I think any more vertical lengthening would have made my lower third too tall, I don't want a Jeffrey Epstein chin.

I think any more vertical lengthening would have made my lower third too tall, I don't want a Jeffrey Epstein chin.

Ya that was my worry too but suprisingly the lower third can probably be up to 15-20% taller than middle third and still be OK. Still a good result though.

Ya that was my worry too but suprisingly the lower third can probably be up to 15-20% taller than middle third and still be OK. Still a good result though.

Thanks, ya my lower third always looked ok front the front it just lacked projection... Pagnoni said he essentially just added 7mm onto the chin with the genio and followed the angle of the bone down. If I had a short lower third like some slavic men I would have definitely asked for vertical lengthening but it was mainly the projection I was worried about.

peek greycel moment

how much was the whole procedure? Im planning to do similar surgeries and would go anywhere in europe

how old are you boyo
the angle is not the best

So all I have ever read on here was that mandible widening during DJS is not possible but you got DJS+Genio and 3 MM additional widening at the most important part for the frontal angle?

how old are you boyo
the angle is not the best

Are the angles below better your majesty? You can see how swollen my upper lip is and also around by nose/midface area a shit ton of swelling. I have ZERO feeling in my bottom lip that's why it looks kinda crooked as well.

20201112 194212

20201112 194240

20201112 193130

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: .👽., Mysticcc, Deleted member 3020 and 5 others
So all I have ever read on here was that mandible widening during DJS is not possible but you got DJS+Genio and 3 MM additional widening at the most important part for the frontal angle?

They told you wrong amigo, American surgeons are dumb one told me to get DJS I would have to get braces to GET AN OVERBITE BACK before he could move my mandible!

• Hmm...
Reactions: normie_joe
They told you wrong amigo, American surgeons are dumb one told me to get DJS I would have to get braces to GET AN OVERBITE BACK before he could move my mandible!

Lifefuel then. I am probably getting MSE sometime next year so I wanted to plan to get a side wing first before doing DJS+Genio+CCW (A surgeon on here recommended the DJS specifically) but if I can get the rotation and added width with genio and DJS in one sitting I will power through the healing process.

So on the 22nd I underwent DJS + genio in Rome with Dr. Pagnoni, I had a rhino/chin implant in 2007 and could tell the implant was starting to recede into the bone plus I have always had sleep apnea and breathing issues. He moved my maxilla 4mm, mandible 5mm, 3mm mandible widening at ramus, did slight CCW rotation, replaced chin implant with 7mm genioplasty, and did radiofrequency palatoplasty to open my airway. First week of recovery sucked but it's getting better although my midface and upper lip is very swollen. My breathing is much much better I can tell a huge difference in the quality of my sleep and don't feel the need to mouth breathe when exercising anymore.

Here are some pics even though I'm still swollen.

Before

View attachment 800946

View attachment 800947

After

View attachment 800949

View attachment 800950
2007? OG looksmaxer ngl

Your Philtrum is very long

• +1
Reactions: Chadrapist and Stevensmithgerard
whats djs

• JFL
Reactions: gamma
Your Philtrum is very long

Yup it's always been long but looks worse now with the swelling, when it goes down though it should look much better especially since I had my maxilla moved forward. I've thought about getting lip lift but the results just don't look good on men.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Back Alley Boy and Deleted member 4797
He performs surgery first?

Yup it's always been long but looks worse now with the swelling, when it goes down though it should look much better especially since I had my maxilla moved forward. I've thought about getting lip lift but the results just don't look good on men.
If I get bimax, I could ascend Hard. Is there anywhere in Italy I could get for 10k?

If I get bimax, I could ascend Hard. Is there anywhere in Italy I could get for 10k?
Cheapest I found is 15k euros in Italy for a surgeon with good aesthetic results, pm me if you want to know the doctor, because we shouldn't post their prices publicly

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Deleted member 7098
Offtopic but have you considered getting rhino?
20201112 193130

Although with glasses, your dorsal hump disappears
Side 1

You would have been in the lucky situation to get jaw implants. Since you where not recessed, a sharp agressive jaw implant in combination with cheek+infraorbital rim would give a great result.
Btw you should also consider eye surgery.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, CursedOne, Stevensmithgerard and 1 other person
You would have been in the lucky situation to get jaw implants. Since you where not recessed, a sharp agressive jaw implant in combination with cheek+infraorbital rim would give a great result.
Btw you should also consider eye surgery.

I hate the results of jaw implants plus I had a chin implant before that was eating away at the bone. Dr. said due to the fact that you use your mandible to speak and eat it moves so much that implants eventually eat into the bone. I already had infraorbital rim implants 2 years ago to fix my under eye bags I don't think super pronounced zygos look all that great.

BTW my sleep has been insanely good this week, even though I'm not sleeping any more hours I feel very refreshed in the morning.

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe, Deleted member 8988, Deleted member 7098 and 2 others
u mainly dont look a lot better bc ur flat, long philtrum was exacerbated by the advancement on ur jaws (even taking into account swelling, since originally it was already too long). if u do a lip lift or any other philtrum shortening surgery, it would together a lot better imo.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816
In the BSSO component of DJS the ramus of the mandible gets separated from the mandibular body and hence can be rotated outwards, with the point of rotation being the mandibular condyle within the TMJ. However, the degree of rotation (and hence bigonial width gain) is limited by impaction of the jaw condyle within the glenoid fossa. You can imagine that if you swing it too much one way the ball of a ball and socket joint will start to crush against the socket. i think the type of fixation used may also be a reason why surgeons wouldn’t do this, I’m personally getting a 11mm bigonial width increase but it seems the custom titanium fixation used is expensive as fuck lol

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MedMaxxing
In the BSSO component of DJS the ramus of the mandible gets separated from the mandibular body and hence can be rotated outwards, with the point of rotation being the mandibular condyle within the TMJ. However, the degree of rotation (and hence bigonial width gain) is limited by impaction of the jaw condyle within the glenoid fossa. You can imagine that if you swing it too much one way the ball of a ball and socket joint will start to crush against the socket. i think the type of fixation used may also be a reason why surgeons wouldn’t do this, I’m personally getting a 11mm bigonial width increase but it seems the custom titanium fixation used is expensive as fuck lol

11mm!? That seems like a huge gain holy shit. But yeah, I read about that before. That's why I originally planned in doing MSE+bigonial widening, letting that heal fully and then doing Trimax+CCW to correct my mandible downward growth.

11mm!? That seems like a huge gain holy shit. But yeah, I read about that before. That's why I originally planned in doing MSE+bigonial widening, letting that heal fully and then doing Trimax+CCW to correct my mandible downward growth.
Yeah the comparison between before and after in surgical planning phase was legit inspirational lmao, although most of it is on one side due to correct asymmetry

• +1
Reactions: Back Alley Boy and MedMaxxing
The Philtrum looks over done imo

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
Dude, you sure posting your pics here as a 36 year old is a great idea? Probably not overly helpful for your statusmaxxing if that gets noticed in your social environment

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
Yeah the comparison between before and after in surgical planning phase was legit inspirational lmao, although most of it is on one side due to correct asymmetry

You about to walk out with a Jamie Lannister tier mandible lmao. Was this a local surgeon or one talked about on here?

Dude, you sure posting your pics here as a 36 year old is a great idea? Probably not overly helpful for your statusmaxxing if that gets noticed in your social environment

Almost everyone is married by my age, who the hell is there to statusmaxx with lol.

Fair point lol

Why would it matter if people know anyway? I went halfway across the world by myself in the middle of a plandemic to get my fucking face sawed in half... do you think I would REALLY care what people say? Everyone does certain things to improve their looks and health, some people are willing to go to more extremes than others.

• +1
Reactions: Mrxshmallow, Mr Test, normie_joe and 14 others
You about to walk out with a Jamie Lannister tier mandible lmao. Was this a local surgeon or one talked about on here?
It would boost my appeal so much tbh, I think my surgeon/his practice has been mentioned here once or twice

• +1
Reactions: Mavenes and MedMaxxing
He performs surgery first?

The doc said if someone needs braces (I don't b/c already had them as teenager) he prefers to do the surgery first then braces after. This is because your teeth can be moved more aggressively after a bimax so you can reduce the potential braces time from an avg of say 3 years to 6 months or a year!

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 8988, Deleted member 6531 and 4 others
It would boost my appeal so much tbh, I think my surgeon/his practice has been mentioned here once or twice

I need that. My face suits that kind of bigonial width tbh.

The doc said if someone needs braces (I don't b/c already had them as teenager) he prefers to do the surgery first then braces after. This is because your teeth can be moved more aggressively after a bimax so you can reduce the potential braces time from an avg of say 3 years to 6 months or a year!
i visited him yesterday and found out
i think im going with him

mandible looks very good, in fact you look less swollen there than me at 9 weeks. my mandible and chin got the epstein treatment lol, I need bone shaving now its too long.

I would wait at least 6 weeks for swelling to assess your upper lip result. your surgery sounds worth it for the therapeutic benefits alone , as was mine. you looked good in the before.

Last edited: