A lot of people talk about diet to get rid of acne/get good skin. What kind of diet gets rid of acne?

Deleted member 12303

Deleted member 12303

Boneless ethnic dog
Title

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522, Cope>rope, Deleted member 10987 and 2 others
Bump need help with this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
Just eat a balanced diet with a low amount of sugar and stay away from greasy food.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5522, Deleted member 10987 and 3 others
Paleo Diet

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12218, datboijj, pizza and 1 other person
healthy fat diet (mostly saturated fats)
high protein
high antioxidants

low amount of processed carbs
especially sugar

and finally coconut oil as skincare is rlly good

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, PYT and Deleted member 12303
healthy fat diet (mostly saturated fats)
high protein
high antioxidants

low amount of processed carbs
especially sugar

and finally coconut oil as skincare is rlly good
what do people take to get skin like this

1612562305082-png.968246

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 12758, PYT and 1 other person
Stop eating milk and dairy and general... sugar and stuff

• +1
Reactions: PYT, Bobelbrah and Deleted member 12303
JFL :lul: choose one

Avoid dairy like hell if u want clear skin.

It's highly comodogenic, will absolutely clog your shit up if you have oily skin.
is exfoliating/masks cope

eat liver boyo

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 12303
is exfoliating/masks cope
Exfoliating couple times a week is recommended, as it helps remove dead skin cells additionally making your skin smoother. For the masks they can be somewhat beneficial, but i'd advise you to stay away from cheap shit and perhaps get something like clean white/green clay, mix it up and put on once a week

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 12303
JFL :lul: choose one

Avoid dairy like hell if u want clear skin.

It's highly comodogenic, will absolutely clog your shit up if you have oily skin.
Sure man.
Up to you.

Avoid dairy and eat vegetable oils instead. You will love the inflammation your body will get from that.

And no if you have oily skin, applying oil like coconut on it will make your skin produce less oil. I have oily skin, I have almost no acne. Tho this wont work for everyone, it worked for me

I eat diary everyday, avoid it if you want to live unhealthy.

You fell for the industry scam it seems. Saturated fats are the actual good fats. Remember how there was no heart disease, literally none, in the beggining of the 90s and after 1920 media started promoting vegetable oils and saying dairy is bad, saturated fat is bad and now heart problems are like the top cause of death. Yea...

• +1
Reactions: GalacticHero, Bensky, Deleted member 12216 and 5 others
Sure man.
Up to you.

Avoid dairy and eat vegetable oils instead. You will love the inflammation your body will get from that.

And no if you have oily skin, applying oil like coconut on it will make your skin produce less oil. I have oily skin, I have almost no acne. Tho this wont work for everyone, it worked for me

I eat diary everyday, avoid it if you want to live unhealthy.

You fell for the industry scam it seems. Saturated fats are the actual good fats. Remember how there was no heart disease, literally none, in the beggining of the 90s and after 1920 media started promoting vegetable oils and saying dairy is bad, saturated fat is bad and now heart problems are like the top cause of death. Yea...
I never said eat vegetable oils, that's bad processed shit. Dairy is a well known offender for acne, containing shitload of hormones and upregulating igf-1 pathway, therefore increasing sebum production - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6115795/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29778512/ . And i won't argue about whether saturated fat is good or bad for you, it's a well known fact that it's indeed bad among all world health organizations and not even the purpose of thread but if you wanna make some conspiracy theories then go ahead.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12216 and Bobelbrah
I never said eat vegetable oils, that's bad processed shit. Dairy is a well known offender for acne, containing shitload of hormones and upregulating igf-1 pathway, therefore increasing sebum production - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6115795/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29778512/ . And i won't argue about whether saturated fat is good or bad for you, it's a well known fact that it's indeed bad among all world health organizations and not even the purpose of thread but if you wanna make some conspiracy theories then go ahead.

I dont need to link anythig else tbh

Depends on where youre getting your diary from... supermarket shit that is filled with antibiotics and other shit of course will be bad

Organic on the other hand is way different. Raw milk is great.

ive said it a million times

lets make it a million and one

DO AN ELIMINATION DIET

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 12303, Deleted member 4410 and 1 other person
Contrary to what @RecessedPrettyboy has stated, there is actually clear scientific evidence that dairy may cause and/or exacerbate acne. Of course, this may not be the case for everyone. But if you struggle with acne, I would highly recommend you to eliminate dairy, in all its forms, for a couple of weeks to a month or so. Chances are you will see significant results pretty soon just by doing this.

I do agree with @RecessedPrettyboy when it comes to vegetable oils. If possible, you could actually try eliminate processed oils altogether and opt for fats in their natural state(whole foods). If it is not possible for you to do this, at least choses the oils that do the least damage. Another thing to consider when dealing with fats is the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 in your diet. The ideal balance is somewhere to 1:1 to 1:4, depending on who you're asking.

Processed foods should generally be avoided, since they end up inflaming your body for different reasons. The obvious kind of processed stuff like candy, additives and so on can irritates your gut. Processed grains spikes your blood sugar, which in the end causes inflammation as well. Grains with fiber keeps the glycemic index(GI) of the foods down and will keep your sugar levels at more healthy levels.

Speaking of the gut: The state of the gut is a huge issue in it self. Having a well functioning gut is very important for not only your skin, but your overall physical and mental health. Fiber is very important for this. If you aren't eating lots of fiber currently, make sure to increase your intake gradually, or you'll get constipated. Walking and running stimulates the intestines and helps your stool travel though the tract properly. In addition to fiber, you have make sure you drink enough water. You should want to do this anyways, as this is good for your skin in lots of ways. I recommend drinking about 0.5-0,7 liters in the morning. Then try to get 0.2-0.5 every or every other or so. If the color of your pee is just slightly yellow, you are doing well.

Working out will aid your skin as well. Increased blood flow will help transport nutrients to your skin cells and remove waste products. Otherwise, if you have any issues with your digestion what so ever, make it a priority to get to bottom with it. Is you suffer from IBS, test yourself for SIBO. If you have symptoms of leaky gut syndrome, make sure to get tested for that. And so on. In relation to working out: There exists some evidence that diets high in protein may actually cause (some) acne. That doesn't mean you should avoid protein, but if you're focusing on building muscle and are prone to acne, be aware that this may will have to live with some acne during this time. However, this may not be an issue for you if you manage to keep inflammation low via other means, as the ones discussed in this post.

You should make sure that your skin doesn't dry out, as this may indeed cause acne. But keep in mind that coconut oil, that has been suggested to treat this, may clog your pores. It works for some, but if you suffer from acne, a safer option would be jojoba or argan oil. Furthermore, washing your skin with a mild cleanser as well as using a moisturizer will help keeping acne at bay. Make sure to not use products that irritate your skin, however. Someone mentioned exfoliation, which is good, as long as your skin can take it. If not, do not bother with it, and just make sure to wash your face regularly.

Another note on blood sugar: Since many healthy foods such as fruits have a high GI, it is advised to eat these foods at the end of a meal, as they then won't affect your blood sugar as much.

Another simple thing would be to try supplementing with vitamin b-5. As far as I know, there hasn't been any studies conducted on it's effect on acne. But there exists an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence in it's favor, and it is know that it helps regulating sebum production. If it works for you, still try to solve the root cause of your acne, while the b-5 keeps the acne at bay.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 12303
NO ARTIFICIAL SUGAR AND EAT YOUR CARROTS
ITS THAT EASY

ive said it a million times

lets make it a million and one

DO AN ELIMINATION DIET
This. Food sensitivities and/or allergies may cause you acne as well, @Boneless Weirdo. But make sure to really be thorough, so you get some actual information out from the process, instead of fooling yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12303 and Cali Yuga
no diet for your acne. it'll go away in your late teens tbh. getting some sun usually helps to keep it in check, just don't get too much photoaging

I eat pizza 5 Times a week and no skincare but i have 0 sugary foods in diet so i think sugar is a big problem
Snapchat 914627906

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
no diet for your acne. it'll go away in your late teens tbh. getting some sun usually helps to keep it in check, just don't get too much photoaging
This is definitely not true. Have you never seen an adult with acne? As for sun, it may help some, but there is no guarantee it will.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Cali Yuga and RecessedPrettyboy
Overdose on spinach and use retin A. Retin A is cherry on top depending on your skin

There is no major connection with acne and what you eat. Its hormonal and genetic.

• +1
There is no major connection with acne and what you eat. Its hormonal and genetic.
I eat pizza 5 Times a week and no skincare but i have 0 sugary foods in diet so i think sugar is a big problem View attachment 1005696
You look retarded with that pose, you look like a goose.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero and Lars
Contrary to what @RecessedPrettyboy has stated, there is actually clear scientific evidence that dairy may cause and/or exacerbate acne. Of course, this may not be the case for everyone. But if you struggle with acne, I would highly recommend you to eliminate dairy, in all its forms, for a couple of weeks to a month or so. Chances are you will see significant results pretty soon just by doing this.

I do agree with @RecessedPrettyboy when it comes to vegetable oils. If possible, you could actually try eliminate processed oils altogether and opt for fats in their natural state(whole foods). If it is not possible for you to do this, at least choses the oils that do the least damage. Another thing to consider when dealing with fats is the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 in your diet. The ideal balance is somewhere to 1:1 to 1:4, depending on who you're asking.

Processed foods should generally be avoided, since they end up inflaming your body for different reasons. The obvious kind of processed stuff like candy, additives and so on can irritates your gut. Processed grains spikes your blood sugar, which in the end causes inflammation as well. Grains with fiber keeps the glycemic index(GI) of the foods down and will keep your sugar levels at more healthy levels.

Speaking of the gut: The state of the gut is a huge issue in it self. Having a well functioning gut is very important for not only your skin, but your overall physical and mental health. Fiber is very important for this. If you aren't eating lots of fiber currently, make sure to increase your intake gradually, or you'll get constipated. Walking and running stimulates the intestines and helps your stool travel though the tract properly. In addition to fiber, you have make sure you drink enough water. You should want to do this anyways, as this is good for your skin in lots of ways. I recommend drinking about 0.5-0,7 liters in the morning. Then try to get 0.2-0.5 every or every other or so. If the color of your pee is just slightly yellow, you are doing well.

Working out will aid your skin as well. Increased blood flow will help transport nutrients to your skin cells and remove waste products. Otherwise, if you have any issues with your digestion what so ever, make it a priority to get to bottom with it. Is you suffer from IBS, test yourself for SIBO. If you have symptoms of leaky gut syndrome, make sure to get tested for that. And so on. In relation to working out: There exists some evidence that diets high in protein may actually cause (some) acne. That doesn't mean you should avoid protein, but if you're focusing on building muscle and are prone to acne, be aware that this may will have to live with some acne during this time. However, this may not be an issue for you if you manage to keep inflammation low via other means, as the ones discussed in this post.

You should make sure that your skin doesn't dry out, as this may indeed cause acne. But keep in mind that coconut oil, that has been suggested to treat this, may clog your pores. It works for some, but if you suffer from acne, a safer option would be jojoba or argan oil. Furthermore, washing your skin with a mild cleanser as well as using a moisturizer will help keeping acne at bay. Make sure to not use products that irritate your skin, however. Someone mentioned exfoliation, which is good, as long as your skin can take it. If not, do not bother with it, and just make sure to wash your face regularly.

Another note on blood sugar: Since many healthy foods such as fruits have a high GI, it is advised to eat these foods at the end of a meal, as they then won't affect your blood sugar as much.

Another simple thing would be to try supplementing with vitamin b-5. As far as I know, there hasn't been any studies conducted on it's effect on acne. But there exists an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence in it's favor, and it is know that it helps regulating sebum production. If it works for you, still try to solve the root cause of your acne, while the b-5 keeps the acne at bay.
Yea sure diary can cause or worsen acne in some people

I wouldnt avoid it tho even if it gave you acne. Rather find out why its giving you acne and try to fix it. But thats up to each person.

I eat pizza 5 Times a week and no skincare but i have 0 sugary foods in diet so i think sugar is a big problem View attachment 1005696
Hi baldcel
This is definitely not true. Have you never seen an adult with acne? As for sun, it may help some, but there is no guarantee it will.
Indeed I still had acne at 20 that showed no signs of going away so I said fuck it and got on accutane

If I no longer have acne bc of accutane is there any other negative impact of dairy on skin?

I will go by your logic. What you eat regulates hormones. So already what u stated is false.

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
Your diet absolutely affects your hormones. Genes may make you prone to acne, but only in. combination with a unhealthy lifestyle.

I will go by your logic. What you eat regulates hormones. So already what u stated is false.
Bro there is no connection between acne and what you eat, some people eat garbage fast-food no acne at all, some africans poor to afford nutritional food and no acne at all. I was getting acne when i was 12 now im 21 i get only 1 2 pimples a week. I eat like shit, i eat chips, jelly, thrash food etc.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12216 and RecessedPrettyboy
Yea sure diary can cause or worsen acne in some people

I wouldnt avoid it tho even if it gave you acne. Rather find out why its giving you acne and try to fix it. But thats up to each person.
True. If one wants to eat dairy, it may be possible if the root cause is addressed. But in some cases, dairy may actually be the root cause, or at last one of them.

If I no longer have acne bc of accutane is there any other negative impact of dairy on skin?
Not that i know of. Acne is the infamous side effect dairy, for many people. I personally don't think dairy is healthy, or at least necessary. But if you wan't to eat it for whatever reason, I think you should be fine, if accutane works for you. But if I where you, I would get of accutane as soon as possible, because of the side effects. You could try supplements such as b-5 to keep your acne at bay while you let your body recover from whatever causes your acne, by living a healthy lifestyle. This will take more work, but it is safer for you, and something you should want to do anyway.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste and OOGABOOGA
@OOGABOOGA @Boneless Weirdo I forgot to mention sleep as well. It just is paramount. In general, don't let anything get in the way of your sleep, unless you have to. I can't stress this enough. Your skin won't just be better, your overall life will improve so much if you get quality sleep.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and thecaste
Not that i know of. Acne is the infamous side effect dairy, for many people. I personally don't think dairy is healthy, or at least necessary. But if you wan't to eat it for whatever reason, I think you should be fine, if accutane works for you. But if I where you, I would get of accutane as soon as possible, because of the side effects. You could try supplements such as b-5 to keep your acne at bay while you let your body recover from whatever causes your acne, by living a healthy lifestyle. This will take more work, but it is safer for you, and something you should want to do anyway.
Which side effects are you referring to?

I’ve been off accutane for a good 6 months, acne is still gone and I had no side effects. I’ll get the little pimple here and there if I eat trash or don’t wash my face after sweating, but it’s greatly improved. I’m concerned with scarring, collagen, and going from kinda pale and red pigmented skin to more of an even and tan complexion. For the past 5 or so days I’ve been mixing a can of pumpkin(30k beta carotene) with two cups of raw whole Amish milk for absorption and some honey for the taste. TBD if it helps or not

@OOGABOOGA @Boneless Weirdo I forgot to mention sleep as well. It just is paramount. In general, don't let anything get in the way of your sleep, unless you have to. I can't stress this enough. Your skin won't just be better, your overall life will improve so much if you get quality sleep.
I also have very bad sleep apnea that has probably accelerated my skin aging but tbh it’s not too bad. I’m getting my deviated septum fixed on Monday so maybe that’ll help

literally everyone has such a diff opinion on skin how tf do people maxx skin with so many varying opinions

I dont think it takes acne out 100%.. but It could help the reduce inflammation in your skin... I mean the diet.. I got rid of my acne with Benzyl cream.. Epiduo.

• +1
I dont think it takes acne out 100%.. but It could help the reduce inflammation in your skin... I mean the diet.. I got rid of my acne with Benzyl cream.. Epiduo.
Did it give you good skin if ykwim

Did it give you good skin if ykwim
Look, you need to first try tretinoin cream if it doesnt make your acne clear (it does not mostly) you should take accutane, there is no other way, you could eat most healthy things in the world an you'll have the acne again. After 6+ mont maybe a year of using accutane, acne does not come back %80 %90 of the time ( if you use accutane long enough. )

• +1
sweat out the oils while working out while eating salad

But if the cream does not work. .You need to take accutane. It depends how badly your acne is.

• +1
And yes, if you have a bad acne, most likely accutane will gave you some scars, you need to moisturize your face and put some petrolium jelly on slowly fading acnes this will work a lot. Scars doesnt go away.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10185 and Deleted member 12303
And yes, if you have a bad acne, most likely accutane will gave you some scars, you need to moisturize your face and put some petrolium jelly on slowly fading acnes this will work a lot. Scars doesnt go away.
I dont have severe acne at i just wanted good skin in general