a palate expander will leave your jaw narrow

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
I wore a palate expander from 7 to 10 years old.
therefore my maxilla is perfectly wide, but my jaw has remained subumanely narrow.

(teeth are black because I have just eaten choccolate cookies)
20190921 035335

20190921 035323

in this case getting a jaw expander is possible, but it's rarely used by dentists, who prefer useless veneers.
maybe a jaw expander could be even more effective than implants in improving the lower jaw but this tool is never discussed here.

Screenshot 20190921 040052 Firefox

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
therefore my maxilla is perfectly wide, but my jaw has remained subumanely narrow.

View attachment 116289

View attachment 116290

in this case getting a jaw expander is possible, but it's rarely used by dentists, who prefer useless veneers.
maybe a jaw expander could be even more effective than implants in improving the lower jaw but this tool is never discussed here.

View attachment 116292
i don't understand are palate expander cope or good ?

i don't understand are palate expander cope or good ?
they are very good for maxilla, but they are not enough to become a chad because the lower jaw remains the same

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: loromate, MandibularCel, 6'4 looksmaxxxer and 1 other person
they are very good for maxilla, but they are not enough to become a chad because the lower jaw remains the same
but can't they apply doble palate expander ? both upper and lower jaw ?
and does it work as an adult ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891
I wish I got a palate expander as a kid. I might actually sarpe or is there a better alternative as a 26 yo

• +1
Did you keep your teeth together and clenched your jaw?

thats bad

won't do shit for your lower teeth
look into MSDO but i think even that isn't ideal tbh

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Did you keep your teeth together and clenched your jaw?
I have kept an open bite (with nosebreathing) until I discovered mewing, which suggest keeping the teeth together

thats bad

won't do shit for your lower teeth
look into MSDO but i think even that isn't ideal tbh
maybe people who take upper and lower teeth together can have a little jaw improvement

I have kept an open bite (with nosebreathing) until I discovered mewing, which suggest keeping the teeth together
According to the Mews, keeping your teeth together while your palate is expanding will assure that your lower jaw will expand at the same rate.

• Love it
Reactions: IWantToMax
only thing that can only make your lower jaw look wider is chewing. lower palate cannot move even with mewing but maybe the mandible can upswing if the maxilla is recessed

why not just get a expander to widen it

• +1
Reactions: Lucifer42
Post pics of yourself when you were 7 and pics from now.

Your mouth seems to be wide

• +1
According to the Mews, keeping your teeth together while your palate is expanding will assure that your lower jaw will expand at the same rate.
Lol
Mewing expanded my upper jaw to 45 imw between the first molars, my lower jaw is still 38mm imw between the first molars

In what way does wearing a palate expander alter your face ? And is it for the better ?

Wide maxilla and narrow mandible is ideal btw. More masculine.
This is ideal for me.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
Wide maxilla and narrow mandible is ideal btw. More masculine.
This is ideal for me.
Too tier men have jaw slightly wider imho

• +1
Reactions: callisto, Deleted member 3043 and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Too tier men have jaw slightly wider imho
Midmandible (ie chin) needs to be wide.
Length is more important than width
idk if increasing width decreases length or not but it's been discussed on lookism

• +1
Reactions: callisto
Midmandible (ie chin) needs to be wide.
Length is more important than width
idk if increasing width decreases length or not but it's been discussed on lookism
Lookism was literally goldmine but shits dead now, I need to search jawshaving and SARPE, antegonial notch etc I can see so many golden threads there but it only just says post doesnt exist now..

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Antegonial notch is mostly caused by recessed mandible. Shouldn't be a problem if you're not recessed.

Antegonial notch is mostly caused by recessed mandible. Shouldn't be a problem if you're not recessed.
My mandible is recessed. I just dont know if I should shave it off or leave it while getting double jaw.

My mandible is recessed. I just dont know if I should shave it off or leave it while getting double jaw.
tenor.gif

Why the hell would you shave it off? Where did you even get the idea?
If you're recessed your best bet is double jaw.

tenor.gif

Why the hell would you shave it off? Where did you even get the idea?
If you're recessed your best bet is double jaw.
I went to surgeon to get double jaw and he basically rejected me cuz my jaw is too wide and he wanted to shave my gonial angle but I didnt want to shave it.
Maybe for asian wide face tall ramus or gonial angle is not good?
Idk man I'm confused.

I went to surgeon to get double jaw and he basically rejected me cuz my jaw is too wide and he wanted to shave my gonial angle but I didnt want to shave it.
Maybe for asian wide face tall ramus or gonial angle is not good?
Idk man I'm confused.
Never listen to an Asian (especially korean). They are extremely bluepilled on surgery and aesthetics. If your jaw is too wide your maxilla might be too narrow.

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and toolateforme
Never listen to an Asian (especially korean). They are extremely bluepilled on surgery and aesthetics. If your jaw is too wide your maxilla might be too narrow.
My overall face is really wide

You canmot expand lower palate or jaw without surgery

I think about gettin marpe mse to expand my pallate, this shit improves even the breath from nose
then get fillers in jaw to compensate

Fuarrr slayer. Go out and slay bro. We all know big wide skull is the number 1 pussywetting trait.
Nah it's not like that... it's not my IPD being wide but it's my bizygo which makes me look close set eyed and infantile
I got asian phenotype which is fucked. Despite having the most wide face asians are the most subhuman there is a reason for that.

OP

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
Fucking brutal suifuel for me. I had this same thing from my orthokike. Fuck this gay earth.
@Gudru rope with me?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I wish I got a palate expander as a kid. I might actually sarpe or is there a better alternative as a 26 yo

try MSE first

View attachment 116289

View attachment 116290

Can you post some photographs of your bite and your lower third?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
get braces asap

Lol
Mewing expanded my upper jaw to 45 imw between the first molars, my lower jaw is still 38mm imw between the first molars
Both my upper jaw and lower jaw became wider with mewing, how is it possible that just your upper jaw grew ?

Both my upper jaw and lower jaw became wider with mewing, how is it possible that just your upper jaw grew ?

Genetics. That so-called mewing is just the correct way to posture, chew and breathe. It only allows the full genetic potential of each person to develop. The Mews did not discover anything new (but it is true that the made a good effort to convey into orthodontics all that knowledge from other fields)

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262, goat2x and BackFromTheMogging

View attachment 116289

View attachment 116290

View attachment 116292
But you will in fact have straight bite, i mean you can continue to expand upper jaw and eventually there will be space for lower jaw teeths right