About skull size and skull to height ratio

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700
Why is a bigger skull better? I think ideally a skull should be proportional, and for most people especially short people it's too big instead of being too small. I will focus more on skull height specifically, but a shorter skull should mean a narrower skull to for it to be proportional.

Skull size is a neotonous trait, the baby has a skull that's 1/4 it's height while the adult has a skull that's 1/8 the total height.

According to this the usual (i don't think this is the exact average) is to have skull height that's 1/7.5 the height of the body.

This is another drawing that shows how skull height is important. Before anyone comments yes these dudes obviously don't look the same and have different heights, but the point is they have the same skull height. If the 'Heroic' guy had a bigger skull it would make his skull to height ratio bigger and make him look smaller.

Attachments

• 1600196884176.png
    1600196884176.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
How is a big skull better? Well the idea is you have the frame (inc. height) to back it up.

images

• +1
Reactions: Magnesium
How is a big skull better? Well the idea is you have the frame (inc. height) to back it up.
Yeah but most people don't and even for those who do it seems that a skull height shouldn't be much more than 1/9 the height, I think for most people especially average or short people a shorter skull would look better

I resemble Aziz Ansari tbh

The skull size obsession originated on psl forums due to the limitations of the medium and the personal neuroses of the users. In pictures, especially close up comparisons of people where you can't see their lower bodies, larger faces look better. Because people on these forums see people in pictures online 10 times more often than they see actual people in real life, this warped perception becomes reality for them, and the skull meme is born. But yes you are correct that in real life where you can see a person's entire body, a smaller head relative to the body appears taller and better-proportioned.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf