Accutane is causing my hair to thin

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
Well, I guess life for me is just fucked. Went from genetic trucel covered in acne to prettyboy with nice skin to now thinning hair prettyboy who will probably soon be bald.

its fucked man. My confidence was sky high for a bit there I had zero faults and was enjoying life. And then this shit hit me and I’m back down in the dumps. Trying to stay optimistic but I’m not gonna lie, I’m nervous as fuck and it’s ruining my progress in other areas of life. I don’t really know what to do. If this shit is permanent, it’s over for me unironically.

it’s retarded because I look so fucking good with hair. Without hair I’m pretty ugly. What a joke man, life is really fucked.

anyways my scalp looks like this.

Trying not to freak out. Can you imagine the feeling of losing your hair, the embarrassment, the sight to see of seeing your scalp, the knowing that it’s both embarrassing and looksmins me?

trying to pray it’s temporary and not permanent. I’m afraid it’s over, I’m not sure who to ask or what to do.

@Gunnersup

Last edited by a moderator:
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Baldingman1998, RAITEIII and 1 other person
Just lower the dosage, hop on tretinoin. In a month after doing this, stop accutane

• +1
Reactions: MiroslavBulldosex and Deleted member 6963
Just lower the dosage, hop on tretinoin. In a month after doing this, stop accutane
Yeah I should have just taken fucking retin A instead of accutane. I don’t know what I was thinking. At this point retinA would help me greatly where accutane is just destroying my hair. I’m scared.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963
There is no pic.

@kjsbdfiusdf you said your hair thinned on accutane too?

Dude I posted it 3 fucking times the website sucks dick
If there is no hair coming out in the shower you are just panicking. Hair thinning would be very noticeable (hair fall when you shower or run your fingers through your hair).

Hair is the fountain of youth. A pretty boy without hair is like a husky without fur.
Images

• JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and thecaste
It made my frontal hair thinner and my hair never recovered sadly. This was the reason I stopped early at the 6 month mark

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
If there is no hair coming out in the shower you are just panicking. Hair thinning would be very noticeable (hair fall when you shower or run your fingers through your hair).
A little bit of hair does come put if I pull on it in the shower. Like it’s not falling out and I can’t see it in the shower, but if I fuck with my hair and run it through a bunch I can get like 7-10 hairs to fall out in the sink

It made my frontal hair thinner and my hair never recovered sadly. This was the reason I stopped early at the 6 month mark
Did it at least stop and not get any worse?

• So Sad
Reactions: mortis
Did it at least stop and not get any worse?
It has gotten worse for me, doctor said It will stop and your hair will recover in just 3 months but after 2 years my hair still continuing to descend. Also No balding genes in mom or dad's family, dad still nw 0

• So Sad
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
A little bit of hair does come put if I pull on it in the shower. Like it’s not falling out and I can’t see it in the shower, but if I fuck with my hair and run it through a bunch I can get like 7-10 hairs to fall out in the sink

That's a normal amount bro, just focus on a good haircare regimen and you should be fine. And btw no retin a could have cured your severe acne, accutane was your only hope anyway.

what is your accutane dosage and how long have u been taking it for?

do you use nizoral/fin/minox?

Well, I guess life for me is just fucked. Went from genetic trucel covered in acne to prettyboy with nice skin to now thinning hair prettyboy who will probably soon be bald.

its fucked man. My confidence was sky high for a bit there I had zero faults and was enjoying life. And then this shit hit me and I’m back down in the dumps. Trying to stay optimistic but I’m not gonna lie, I’m nervous as fuck and it’s ruining my progress in other areas of life. I don’t really know what to do. If this shit is permanent, it’s over for me unironically.

it’s retarded because I look so fucking good with hair. Without hair I’m pretty ugly. What a joke man, life is really fucked.

Trying not to freak out. Can you imagine the feeling of losing your hair, the embarrassment, the sight to see of seeing your scalp, the knowing that it’s both embarrassing and looksmins me?

trying to pray it’s temporary and not permanent. I’m afraid it’s over, I’m not sure who to ask or what to do.

@Gunnersup

accutane made my hair thinner too. use minoxidil with it.

Relax man its likley temporary just hop off accutane and hop on retin a

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
It has gotten worse for me, doctor said It will stop and your hair will recover in just 3 months but after 2 years my hair still continuing to descend. Also No balding genes in mom or dad's family, dad still nw 0
what are your stress levels like?

Relax man its likley temporary just hop off accutane and hop on retin a

View attachment 1001593
I’m scared man because a ton of people say it’s permanent. I see more people saying it’s permanent than temporary. If it’s temporary that’s such a fucking reliever but frankly I don’t know. There’s such lack of information on the internet it’s scary.

what is your accutane dosage and how long have u been taking it for?

do you use nizoral/fin/minox?
My dosage is 20mg a day and I took like 60mg a day for like 2 months then cut down to 20mg a day for 2 months after that. I just notice my scalp is super visible. If I TRY to get hairs to come out I can get like 10 to come out, at least I did this morning. I’m really just scared that it won’t stop. If it stops I can cope with it just fine. But I can’t lose all my hair, my life would be over.

accutane made my hair thinner too. use minoxidil with it.
Really dude? Like did you just notice you could see your scalp? And did it stop or get normal? I’m just quitting accutane dude fuck this shit.

That's a normal amount bro, just focus on a good haircare regimen and you should be fine. And btw no retin a could have cured your severe acne, accutane was your only hope anyway.
Alright I guess you are right. My skin is still fucking beautiful from accutane by the way it’s just my hair, I can see my scalp. Looks bad as fuck and I DONT WANT IT TO GET WORSE.

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
Never recovered? Fuck man. Did it at least stop???

I’m scared man because a ton of people say it’s permanent. I see more people saying it’s permanent than temporary. If it’s temporary that’s such a fucking reliever but frankly I don’t know. There’s such lack of information on the internet it’s scary.
nah don’t trip over it if you have no balding or anything you should be good just minimize stress and do some haircare aswell like take some coconut oil, magnesium, zinc, lots of omega 3, vit k2, boron, b vitamins, and use none detergent shampoo and conditioner

norwood reaper takes no prisoners

I don't know tbh
stress is a big factor IMO maybe its just a personal experience but my dad has perfect hair genes at 50 like nw0 hairline which is insane

• +1
Reactions: mortis
Yeah same thing happened to me. But I had super thick hair so that wasn't really a problem. Stick to retin a tbh.

• Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII
Yeah same thing happened to me. But I had super thick hair so that wasn't really a problem. Stick to retin a tbh.
Hey man. Can you please explain? I’m freaking out right now so any bit of info is comfort to me. So you’re saying basically that your hair thinned too? Did it get any better after you quit?

@Gunnersup

KETO SHAMPOO ASAP AND DECREASE STRESS

Have you thought of changing to a topical treatment for your skin?

I feel your pain. Hair loss sucks. I was also recently finally comfortable with myself and, like you said, enjoying life for once. Then hair started to thin again.

Right now im waiting for appointment to get bloodwork done, and after that i will start finasteride. hopefully its not too late.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
Knew this was gonna happen, accutane leaves no prisoners. Terrible drug

Hey man. Can you please explain? I’m freaking out right now so any bit of info is comfort to me. So you’re saying basically that your hair thinned too? Did it get any better after you quit?
I'm pretty sure it's just temporary, I don't know if it's as good as before but definitely better than when I was taking accutane.

I'm pretty sure it's just temporary, I don't know if it's as good as before but definitely better than when I was taking accutane.
Seriously? So you’re saying your hair did indeed thin and then now it’s not as thin as when you took accutane?

Really dude? Like did you just notice you could see your scalp? And did it stop or get normal? I’m just quitting accutane dude fuck this shit.
my hair was thinning already but i think it made it got even thinner. however i wouldn't quit jsut because of this because accutane gives really god tier skin.

Seriously? So you’re saying your hair did indeed thin and then now it’s not as thin as when you took accutane?
Yes

I was also worried about this and I remember stumbling upon a scientific website saying that those effects were only temporary.

Accutane is trash, use tretinoin and fix your diet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5969
My dosage is 20mg a day and I took like 60mg a day for like 2 months then cut down to 20mg a day for 2 months after that. I just notice my scalp is super visible. If I TRY to get hairs to come out I can get like 10 to come out, at least I did this morning. I’m really just scared that it won’t stop. If it stops I can cope with it just fine. But I can’t lose all my hair, my life would be over.
how long do u plan on taking it for? if it's getting too bad then i recommend stopping it now and switching to either isotretinoin gel or tretinoin cream, which most likely will keep the acne at this point as you have already used the accutane for a while

Experienced similar hair loss in the middle of my accutane treatment, but it has mostly resolved by now. Still, it was really brutal, wouldn't take this shit drug ever again/10.

Experienced similar hair loss in the middle of my accutane treatment, but it has mostly resolved by now. Still, it was really brutal, wouldn't take this shit drug ever again/10.
Wait so it went away and now your hair is back? Fucking life fuel man accutane is scary as fucking hell. Absolutely TERRIFYING. I mean my skin by the way is absolutely beautiful and mogger as all hell, but my hair is so thin.

• +1
Reactions: Blue
Wait so it went away and now your hair is back? Fucking life fuel man accutane is scary as fucking hell. Absolutely TERRIFYING. I mean my skin by the way is absolutely beautiful and mogger as all hell, but my hair is so thin.
Yeah it's mostly back, still quite thin sides, but I'm seeing small improvements every week. Accutane is really not to be underestimated man, you should always be cautious with drugs like these, I feel like people on here fail to inform others about potential side effects and shit.

Last edited: