Acne scars - permanent or fixable?

Deleted member 39

Deleted member 39

The Inferior
I have taken Accutane for the past six months. I had severe acne that lead to severe scarring. I didn't pop the pimples at the end. Do you think these scars will fade and have my skin color eventually? Or do I definitely need a laser therapy?
IMG 20181209 214806
IMG 20181209 214825

Those aren't fading by themselves, tbh.

They are really red, but not VERY deep. Do you think a laser therapy session would fix the issue? I'll talk to my dermatologist tomorrow.

you trying creams and moisturising. they help a LOT. not a cope.

you trying creams and moisturising. they help a LOT. not a cope.
I moisturize twice a day. After my treatment, which will end in 12 months, I'll try oils. I don't want to try them too soon as it could lead to new break outs at this stage.

I moisturize twice a day. After my treatment, which will end in 12 months, I'll try oils. I don't want to try them too son as it could lead to new break outs at this stage.
dang. yeah id say try all the treatments you can pay for, so ye try laser if its advised by a dermatologist. Worth it in imo/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39
Do you think a laser therapy session would fix the issue? I'll talk to my dermatologist tomorrow.
They look like boxcar scars, if im not wrong, might need something known as 'punch excision'.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39
Ask your doctor,mine said that if i happen to have scars after accutane,he will prescribe something to clear them

Ask your doctor,mine said that if i happen to have scars after accutane,he will prescribe something to clear them
You don't even have visible scars from what I've seen

You will have to ask the master of this topic. @BeautifulBones

• +1
Reactions: BeautifulBones
laser would be a very simple solution

I have some acne on my body,maybe i'll get scarred after its gone
The acne on my back went away without Accutane actually. The scars on my back are very bad though, even after a year of healing. The scars in my face won't be that severe, at least I hope so.
IMG 20181209 222017

Looks like some bad hyper pigmentation, mostly icepick scars and some rolling scars

As far as how to get rid of them

THE GAME IS TO BE SOLD, AND NOT TO BE TOLD

Happy Looksmaxing

You are going to need a lot of lasers and chemical peels. All else is cope with the severity shown in the pictures.

• +1
Reactions: Never_Began
U should look into acne scar treatments either at home, (dermapen from Amazon or directly from a site) or look into getting treatment done at a dermatologist clinic(it us kinda expensive but worth it if it works)

I'm about to get a dermapen for my acne scars so I don't have much knowledge/experience tbh.

U should look into acne scar treatments either at home, (dermapen from Amazon or directly from a site) or look into getting treatment done at a dermatologist clinic(it us kinda expensive but worth it if it works)

I'm about to get a dermapen for my acne scars so I don't have much knowledge/experience tbh.
I'll go for a treatment done by a dermatologist. I won't cope with Amazon products that, and I'm convinced of that, will not work.
I have to wait 2 years at minimum unfortunately.
My Accutane treatment takes 12 more months and after that the skin needs to basically become normal again to get this treatment which will take another year.

Dude start dermastamping asap. Seriously. See my skin thread for more details. And if u have the money get professional work done

Dude start dermastamping asap. Seriously. See my skin thread for more details. And if u have the money get professional work done
Read the response above. If I did dermastamping or other shit WHILE being on Accutane I'd ruin my skin. Need to wait 2 years.

Read the response above. If I did dermastamping or other shit WHILE being on Accutane I'd ruin my skin. Need to wait 2 years.
If you're on accutane yeah don't do it. Accutane might clear up those scars a bit as well

If you're on accutane yeah don't do it. Accutane might clear up those scars a bit as well
Yeah, Accutane does help a lot, even with scarring, just by preventing new pimples to appear.
My acne started on my forehead when I was around 13/14. This was also where the acne basically went away the first, too. After around 4 years, the scars look like this. I guess all my pimples will end up having this shade of pink.
IMG 20181211 160904

Yeah, Accutane does help a lot, even with scarring, just by preventing new pimples to appear.
My acne started on my forehead when I was around 13/14. This was also where the acne basically went away the first, too. After around 4 years, the scars look like this. I guess all my pimples will end up having this shade of pink.
View attachment 7837
Yeah discoloration is annoying ik. I never had cystic acne level skin but my skin used to be pretty fucking bad in high school. It made me really sad and ruined my self esteem for 2 years ish

Yeah discoloration is annoying ik. I never had cystic acne level skin but my skin used to be pretty fucking bad in high school. It made me really sad and ruined my self esteem for 2 years ish
Never really had any self-esteem, even before I was plagued with severe acne, so luckily I did not have to go through such a personality change:feelshehe:

Never really had any self-esteem, even before I was plagued with severe acne, so luckily I did not have to go through such a personality change:feelshehe:
Kek. Positivity is key