Acne: The definitive guide GTFIH

D

Deleted member 439

what would jordan do?
Basic:

Restore your moisture barrier: Wash your with water or gentle face cleanser (NO SOAP) max 2times daily(I prefer cold water as it is less drying)
Moisturizer after washing face; keep moisturizer before wiping of water, this prevents trans epidermal water loss. Use vaseline as an occlusive to prevent moisture loss during day. If your skin is healthy and moisturized it will heal quicker, and it prevents pimples due to inflammation.
  • A six-week cohort study evaluated the effectiveness of a twice-daily regimen of a ceramide-containing cleanser and moisturizer in children and adults with atopic dermatitis (N=151). The results showed that the ceramide-containing cleanser and moisturizer regimen substantially improved clinical outcomes with reduction in disease severity and improvement in quality-of-life parameters.42 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5608132/
  • When searching for moisturizer and cleanser go to cosdna to evaluate if the ingredients in it are comedongenic (clogging pores or irritating)

Diet: avoid dairy
beta-carotene, and vitamin C, and vitamin A (Holy trinity for clean skin)
change pillow cases frequently and obviously drink water
Ashwaganda for reducing stress ( The study suggests a significant association between stress and severity of acne papulopustulosa, especially in males. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mjl/adv/2007/00000087/00000002/art00005)

Types of acne:
Black headsNon inflammatory
Closed comedonesNon inflammatory
PapulesInflammatory
pustulesInflammatory

overview Comedonal acne: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/comedonal-acne/
overview inflammitory acne: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/inflammatory-lesions-in-acne/

Accutane
If you have severe acne please dont waste your time on this guide. Go to a doctor and get some isotretinoin
this is basically guaranteed to work, and is recommended it for those who dont respond to topical/oral antibiotics and retinoids

Treatments:
I believe in two concepts, which I will integrate into my recommendations
Combination therapy:
Short contact therapy:
  • Efficacy of tretinoin used as SCT seems to be superimposable to that of tretinoin used according to standard modality. Tolerability of SCT with tretinoin is very good. This tolerability allows a high adherence of patients to the treatment and it markedly improves compliance.

Recommendations:

Topical:
Benzoyl + Clindimycin gel:
  • The antimicrobial activity of the combination gel was significantly (each P < .01) superior to that seen with topical application of its individual constituents, 5% benzoyl peroxide or 1% clindamycin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11236210
  • Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide was more effective than benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin or vehicle, and similar in efficacy to benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin in the reduction of inflammatory lesions and in raising physician- and patient-assessed mean global improvement scores https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12069641
  • Clindamycin 1%/benzoyl peroxide 5% gel was significantly more effective than clindamycin alone in reducing facial P. acnes counts in a randomized, investigator-blind, 16-week study of 62 evaluable patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris.[10] After 4 weeks of twice-daily treatment, clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide produced a 99% reduction in P. acnes counts compared with an 85.3% reduction for clindamycin monotherapy
Retinoids:
adapelene + benzoyl peroxide
I prefer antibiotics tbh over retinoids as they are irritating. 8/10patients experience dry flaky skin and purging period is 3-6months (see /r/tretinoin). Unlike antibiotics, this works by increasing skin turnover rate, and collagen production.
One thing to note, that doing this you will not only get acne free skin but also nicer skin

Antibiotics. For moderate to severe acne, you may need oral antibiotics to reduce bacteria and fight inflammation. Usually the first choice for treating acne is tetracycline — such as minocycline or doxycycline — or a macrolide.
Oral antibiotics should be used for the shortest time possible to prevent antibiotic resistance.
Oral antibiotics are best used with topical retinoids and benzoyl peroxide. Studies have found that using topical benzoyl peroxide along with oral antibiotics may reduce the risk of developing antibiotic resistance.
Antibiotics may cause side effects, such as an upset stomach and dizziness. These drugs also increase your skin's sun sensitivity.

(I dont want to recommend this too you guys as i dont recommend fucking around with gut bacteria and such, but it might be necessary. If your doing it take probiotics, prebiotics to ensure your gut flora doesnt get fucked, and take it for as little time as possible)

Natural treatments:
Disclaimer: just because they're natural doesnt mean that they are safer and less irritating
Neem oil:
Neem and its ingredients play role in the inhibition of growth of numerous microbes such as viruses, bacteria, and pathogenic fungi.
tee tree oil:
  • In terms of TLC and ASI, tea tree oil gel was 3.55 times and 5.75 times more effective than placebo respectively. Side-effects with both groups were relatively similar and tolerable. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17314442
  • The results of this study showed that both 5% tea-tree oil and 5% benzoyl peroxide had a significant effect in ameliorating the patients' acne by reducing the number of inflamed and non-inflamed lesions (open and closed comedones), although the onset of action in the case of tea-tree oil was slower. Encouragingly, fewer side effects were experienced by patients treated with tea-tree oil. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145499
Red light + Blue light therapy: https://looksmax.org/threads/redlight-therapy-is-legit-everyone-gtfih.24622/

Finally: you can also increase collagen production to increase healing, I have wrote this in yestedays guide

TL;DR: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/jdv.13776

Good luck to all my bros suffering from this terrible disease. Im making this as yesterday was the first day in my life since 8th grade where im acne free (i still have scars though). This is for all my bros still fighting against it, I wish you all the best.

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate@randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy @DidntRead @Wannabe6ft2 @heroinfather @Eclipse @Whyamihere @Pendejo
@Pex1992

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Bensky, AscendingHero, sly shinkai and 43 others
Basic:

Restore your moisture barrier: Wash your with water or gentle face cleanser (NO SOAP) max 2times daily(I prefer cold water as it is less drying)
Moisturizer after washing face; keep moisturizer before wiping of water, this prevents trans epidermal water loss. Use vaseline as an occlusive to prevent moisture loss during day. If your skin is healthy and moisturized it will heal quicker, and it prevents pimples due to inflammation.
  • A six-week cohort study evaluated the effectiveness of a twice-daily regimen of a ceramide-containing cleanser and moisturizer in children and adults with atopic dermatitis (N=151). The results showed that the ceramide-containing cleanser and moisturizer regimen substantially improved clinical outcomes with reduction in disease severity and improvement in quality-of-life parameters.42 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5608132/
  • When searching for moisturizer and cleanser go to cosdna to evaluate if the ingredients in it are comedongenic (clogging pores or irritating)

Diet: avoid dairy
beta-carotene, and vitamin C, and vitamin A (Holy trinity for clean skin)
change pillow cases frequently and obviously drink water
Ashwaganda for reducing stress ( The study suggests a significant association between stress and severity of acne papulopustulosa, especially in males. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/mjl/adv/2007/00000087/00000002/art00005)

Types of acne:
Black headsNon inflammatory
Closed comedonesNon inflammatory
PapulesInflammatory
pustulesInflammatory

overview Comedonal acne: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/comedonal-acne/
overview inflammitory acne: https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/inflammatory-lesions-in-acne/

View attachment 80167

Accutane
If you have severe acne please dont waste your time on this guide. Go to a doctor and get some isotretinoin
this is basically guaranteed to work, and is recommended it for those who dont respond to topical/oral antibiotics and retinoids

Treatments:
I believe in two concepts, which I will integrate into my recommendations
Combination therapy:
Short contact therapy:
  • Efficacy of tretinoin used as SCT seems to be superimposable to that of tretinoin used according to standard modality. Tolerability of SCT with tretinoin is very good. This tolerability allows a high adherence of patients to the treatment and it markedly improves compliance.

Recommendations:

Topical:
Benzoyl + Clindimycin gel:
  • The antimicrobial activity of the combination gel was significantly (each P < .01) superior to that seen with topical application of its individual constituents, 5% benzoyl peroxide or 1% clindamycin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11236210
  • Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide was more effective than benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin or vehicle, and similar in efficacy to benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin in the reduction of inflammatory lesions and in raising physician- and patient-assessed mean global improvement scores https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12069641
  • Clindamycin 1%/benzoyl peroxide 5% gel was significantly more effective than clindamycin alone in reducing facial P. acnes counts in a randomized, investigator-blind, 16-week study of 62 evaluable patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris.[10] After 4 weeks of twice-daily treatment, clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide produced a 99% reduction in P. acnes counts compared with an 85.3% reduction for clindamycin monotherapy
  • View attachment 80176
Retinoids:
adapelene + benzoyl peroxide
I prefer antibiotics tbh over retinoids as they are irritating. 8/10patients experience dry flaky skin and purging period is 3-6months (see /r/tretinoin). Unlike antibiotics, this works by increasing skin turnover rate, and collagen production.
One thing to note, that doing this you will not only get acne free skin but also nicer skin

Antibiotics. For moderate to severe acne, you may need oral antibiotics to reduce bacteria and fight inflammation. Usually the first choice for treating acne is tetracycline — such as minocycline or doxycycline — or a macrolide.
Oral antibiotics should be used for the shortest time possible to prevent antibiotic resistance.
Oral antibiotics are best used with topical retinoids and benzoyl peroxide. Studies have found that using topical benzoyl peroxide along with oral antibiotics may reduce the risk of developing antibiotic resistance.
Antibiotics may cause side effects, such as an upset stomach and dizziness. These drugs also increase your skin's sun sensitivity.

(I dont want to recommend this too you guys as i dont recommend fucking around with gut bacteria and such, but it might be necessary. If your doing it take probiotics, prebiotics to ensure your gut flora doesnt get fucked, and take it for as little time as possible)

Natural treatments:
Disclaimer: just because they're natural doesnt mean that they are safer and less irritating
Neem oil:
View attachment 80181 Neem and its ingredients play role in the inhibition of growth of numerous microbes such as viruses, bacteria, and pathogenic fungi.
tee tree oil:
  • In terms of TLC and ASI, tea tree oil gel was 3.55 times and 5.75 times more effective than placebo respectively. Side-effects with both groups were relatively similar and tolerable. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17314442
  • The results of this study showed that both 5% tea-tree oil and 5% benzoyl peroxide had a significant effect in ameliorating the patients' acne by reducing the number of inflamed and non-inflamed lesions (open and closed comedones), although the onset of action in the case of tea-tree oil was slower. Encouragingly, fewer side effects were experienced by patients treated with tea-tree oil. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145499
Red light + Blue light therapy: https://looksmax.org/threads/redlight-therapy-is-legit-everyone-gtfih.24622/

Finally: you can also increase collagen production to increase healing, I have wrote this in yestedays guide

TL;DR: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/jdv.13776
View attachment 80182

Good luck to all my bros suffering from this terrible disease. Im making this as yesterday was the first day in my life since 8th grade where im acne free (i still have scars though). This is for all my bros still fighting against it, I wish you all the best.

requested tags: react with huh emoji to be tagged in my next threads
@Vitruvian @Guest @Soulsmaxx @MadMong @Bluepill @her @You @Gebirgscel @TubOfLard @Arkantos @AspiringChad @dogtown@Dude420 @Krezo @AdamLamberg @Mewisthekey @Saturn @TubOfLard @Arkantos @Currycellmate@randomguy1235 @Alexanderr @x30001 @samm735 @Yummyinmytummy @DidntRead @Wannabe6ft2 @heroinfather @Eclipse @Whyamihere @Pendejo
@Pex1992

Awesome stuff man!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 439
or just have a good diet

• +1
Reactions: InZayn and FatJattMofo
  • +1
Reactions: Stingray and Deleted member 39
I swear Accutane helped me so much after now 5 months.Dont listen to anyone and Take that shit in.I took everyday 20 mg for 3 months.And now every 2 days 20 mg .And it works perfect Almost no red spots and obviously no acne.Fucking lifesaver man.Also fuck diet and shit like that If its hormonal,nothing changes shit besides Accutane

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL, Deleted member 39 and Deleted member 439
I swear Accutane helped me so much after now 5 months.Dont listen to anyone and Take that shit in.I took everyday 20 mg for 3 months.And now every 2 days 20 mg .And it works perfect Almost no red spots and obviously no acne.Fucking lifesaver man.Also fuck diet and shit like that If its hormonal,nothing changes shit besides Accutane
how old were you when you started?

how old were you when you started?
I started 5 months ago when I was 16 and 6 Months and now I'm almost 17 So 5 months ago

what % tretinoin should is ideal for acne? i use .025 now and i never really get side effects from it but it seems to work pretty well. not sure if i should go higher bcuz i still do get some spots here and there

what % tretinoin should is ideal for acne? i use .025 now and i never really get side effects from it but it seems to work pretty well. not sure if i should go higher bcuz i still do get some spots here and there
from my understanding .1% is best for acne, with .05 being best for anti aging.
but remember it only works better if your skin can handle it, otherwise you'll just have irritation, flaking, dry skin, which will make it worse
I recommend just add a benzoyl peroxide cream 2.5% in the morning, keep it on for 5-15minutes then wash it off. If you follow the other things i wrote it should help a lot

This. I had severe acne and only Accutane helped me. I changed my diet and everything.
Low stress and Accutane cures acne.
All the other stuff is good for occasional pimples.
And moisturizer is basic skin care routine that's especially crucial when on Accutane.

When I'm off Accutane I will keep this guide in mind though and try to keep the skin as good. I think I might go on a second Accutane treatment though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2352
What to do if I get milia on my balls?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12758
Sry didnt read 1 word. The cure is already here. Take accutane and stfu. Doesnt matter what severity it is just take accutane. 6 months of pain for a lifetime of gain. Fuck antibiotics. Fuck topicals. Fuck diet. If you have acne its too late. Get that accutane in you asap before your face gets scarred forever your life depends on it.

Jfl.

Sry didnt read 1 word. The cure is already here. Take accutane and stfu. Doesnt matter what severity it is just take accutane. 6 months of pain for a lifetime of gain. Fuck antibiotics. Fuck topicals. Fuck diet. If you have acne its too late. Get that accutane in you asap before your face gets scarred forever your life depends on it.

Jfl.

Accutane

JFL

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
LOL at taking accutane

Yeah accutane is very harsh tbh

Yeah accutane is very harsh tbh

yeah bc you have docs prescribing insanely high dosages. I got impotent even after couple weeks at 20mg, but recovered after a few weeks. Everyone different. Now im on a low dose have no sides beside mildly dry lips. Can eat whatever the fuck i want. Even drink vodka on weekends. Fuck this guide.

Hey guys here how to get rich. Ill give you the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow nights draw. But if youre not super poor you can go to uni for a few years or wageslave instead...but i cant guarantee youll get rich that way. Up to you tehee.

it's all about new blood turnover

go to the red cross and give the largest dose of blood possible in one session, then recover on a good diet with low sugar, diary, and low cholesterol, now your body replenishes new blood without all the toxic shit in it.

• +1
Reactions: ang3l
Jfl at treating the symptoms and not the cause.(gut)

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, EverythingMaxxer, Bennett and 3 others
I started 5 months ago when I was 16 and 6 Months and now I'm almost 17 So 5 months ago
Stfu you shill. doctor goldberg must have given you some estradiol with that jewcutane too.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2352
Is retin-a good for acne? It got rid of most of my pimples but there's still some here and there that dont go away, especially on my temples. Not to mention I still have tons of scarring.

10 questions science still can't answer
I feel like it could be too irritating for some people and cause acne tbh

Everything except accutane is cope.

Tretinoin (Retin-a) gets an honorable mention.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
Accutane or keep coping

• +1
Reactions: wollet2 and Slob
lower estradiol or keep coping

Very very disgusting bumpy skin

• +1
Restore your moisture barrier
This is huge. I really dried up my skin from recklessly using topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, tretinoin, etc for my pretty bad acne. (Don't worry, didn't use all of them at the same time lmao). Anyway, looking back, I probably applied too much stuff too often hoping to speed up my results, and didn't moisturize enough. It resulted in a horribly dull, old-looking, sensitive and acne prone face. If your moisture barrier is compromised, no topical treatment will make your skin look good. Will just irritate. So if any of you fellow skincels have been using topicals for a while and your face still looks like shit, keep this in mind.

I ended up quitting the topicals and started moisturizing heavily with a gel moisturizer and vaseline, and my skin calmed down within days. Now I'm on accutane to clear up the acne, and am finally starting to look like a young and somewhat healthy person again lol.

• Hmm...
Can i use low dosage of accutane? , i have pimples on my forehead and only forehead ( on the face ) new 1-2 pimples every other day tried everything from cutting diary to benzoyl 3% and 5% what can i do? Can i take accutane at low dosage since my acne/pimples are mild?

Attachments

• F7052B6A-D173-4148-A0A3-696526A5CC58.jpeg
    F7052B6A-D173-4148-A0A3-696526A5CC58.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 159
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
bumo

Let's say antibiotics clear your skin. Once you discountinue the medication will I start to break out again?

@tincelw

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
This is huge. I really dried up my skin from recklessly using topical treatments like benzoyl peroxide, adapalene, tretinoin, etc for my pretty bad acne. (Don't worry, didn't use all of them at the same time lmao). Anyway, looking back, I probably applied too much stuff too often hoping to speed up my results, and didn't moisturize enough. It resulted in a horribly dull, old-looking, sensitive and acne prone face. If your moisture barrier is compromised, no topical treatment will make your skin look good. Will just irritate. So if any of you fellow skincels have been using topicals for a while and your face still looks like shit, keep this in mind.

I ended up quitting the topicals and started moisturizing heavily with a gel moisturizer and vaseline, and my skin calmed down within days. Now I'm on accutane to clear up the acne, and am finally starting to look like a young and somewhat healthy person again lol.
Did u apply the gel mositurizer on top of disgusting acne skin? Sounds messy no?

Can u have compromised skin barrier but ur skin stills produces oil normally?

Is retin-a good for acne? It got rid of most of my pimples but there's still some here and there that dont go away, especially on my temples. Not to mention I still have tons of scarring.
Retin a 0.05% and adapalene (adapalene gel doesnt dry me as much, the shit retin a gel i find has alcohol in it) havent done shit to my acne and ive been using with some small breaks for about 2 years now. Retin a prob has even aged me more or its just my disease