Adult results from mewing?

M

Mad Science

Iron
It's been 4 or 5 years since mewing became a thing so there has been some time now for people to see results. How many people have gotten fWHR improvements or other improvements since mewing?

I forgot exactly where I started but I was in the upper end of the 1.6 range, maybe it was at 1.68 at the start. In 1 year I got to the lower 1.7 range but again I forgot where I was. I just did a measurement now and I am at 1.76. I thought to myself that I want to make it past 1.75 so I'm within 0.10 of normal or average 1.85. It seems like I made it now!

I wasn't a mouth breather or an open lipped resting face before but I had poor oral posture with no tongue force on the roof of the mouth before. One thing that changed besides fWHR is I had a horizontally uneven bite before also which is almost perfectly even. I used to be unable to handle intense workouts without needing to mouth breath for air but now I'm able to do it all through the nose at ease. Although I noticed some visual changes over year 1, I never noticed any visual changes past that timeframe but my own result shows I made more progress since than, but it was very slow compared to year 1.

Other details:
1. I was 24 when I started mewing
2. I did use supplements, diet, and lifestyle changes to facilitate increased bone remodeling over the years which may have factored in on this

I want to see what results others have made who began in their adulthood. If we get enough people reporting their own results we might be able to form a conclusion on just how far one can go with this depending on where they started.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and RationalBrody
i don't believe that mewing has much of an effect other than leaning out your face with proper swallowing.

chewing would actually be better imo for jaw gains

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
i don't believe that mewing has much of an effect other than leaning out your face with proper swallowing.

Does mewing etc really work? I’ve always thought it’s cope tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 147

I'm lean with clearly visible zygos and the zygos remain wider than the masseter.

• +1
FWHR increases with age.
FWHR Proofs

Idk about mewing helping me but my FWHR is 1.95 now and was 1.87 a few months ago

• +1
its over for oldcels
He still looks good
Does mewing etc really work? I’ve always thought it’s cope tbh
I don't think mewing works to move anything up and forward like Dr mew says. I just think it can help with leaving out the face as an adult because of proper swallowing (no cheek hypertrophy)

• +1
Mewing is legit AF even after puberty. In 3 months I managed to:

-Increase cheekbones height
-Widen palate
-Widen tooth arch
-Open sinusses (easier breathing, no more flues and allegies, NO MORE MOUTHBREATHING)
-Develop masseter muscles

Left to do in 1 year time frame through mewing:

-Fix facial assymetry (it's noticable that most of my problems are on one half of the face)
-Develop maxilla, with forward swing of the jaw as a result
-After muscle devolpment, bone remodeling follows

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: It'snotover, Deleted member 6401 and RationalBrody
Mewing is legit AF even after puberty. In 3 months I managed to:

-Increase cheekbones height
-Widen palate
-Widen tooth arch
-Open sinusses (easier breathing, no more flues and allegies, NO MORE MOUTHBREATHING)
-Develop masseter muscles

Left to do in 1 year time frame through mewing:

-Fix facial assymetry (it's noticable that most of my problems are on one half of the face)
-Develop maxilla, with forward swing of the jaw as a result
-After muscle devolpment, bone remodeling follows
i think i may have had similar experiences tbh, but it may just be puberty idk

• +1
I am currently mewing since 3 months, even at 22%bf I could see results in my cheekbones and jaw, maybe I'm coping but why not do it?

• +1
i think i may have had similar experiences tbh, but it may just be puberty idk
tbh our chin might grow a bit once the second puberty kicks in
:coffee:

• +1
  • +1
what is FWHER

Facial width to height ratio

Pubertal testosterone levels is correlated with a larger number which is wider horizontally and more compact vertically. Other factors may include mouth breathing and the lack of jaw use in chewing tough foods while growing up which results in being narrow and long.

A higher fWHR is associated with sexual attraction, dominance, and leadership but low trustworthiness. A lower fWHR is associated with trustworthiness.

The fWHR is a measurement from the widest point of the zygomatic arches to the bottom of the eyebrows and the top of the upper lip. One thing I'm unsure about is what constitutes the bottom of the eyebrow when someone has angular eyebrows or what constitutes as the top of the upper lip when the philitrum dips down?

When reading actual studies in full text and not just abstracts I noticed the measurement points across different studies weren't consistent so it's thought that the average fWHR was 1.85 but it might actually be 1.77. We may never know the real answer here. In some of the studies it was suggested that fWHR is only a semi accurate predictor of pubertal testosterone levels since other factors effect face elongation and that bizygomatic width is what is actually effected by testosterone more directly, which contributes to fWHR.

Here are some example pictures. As long as the person is looking straight forward without any facial expression it's a neutral picture to measure fWHR accurately.

fWHR.jpg

lincoln.png

8a1c477583039a96b765ed8d2e2721fc.png

10eb70ff6453cf88e4dbaaa4877fe114.png

We need a mega thread for mewing and what is fWHR, among many other things.

FWHR increases with age.
View attachment 373

Idk about mewing helping me but my FWHR is 1.95 now and was 1.87 a few months ago

Those aren't comparable pictures because the 1st isn't looking straight forward. If you pay attention you can see even in his youth he still had consierably big zygos and orbitals.

Going from 1.87 to 1.95 is a lot for only a few months so age and mewing combined may be at play. You are 17 right?

Last edited:
  • +1
Bumping this thread.

I have a new sign of evidence that mewing works in adults that isn't subjective to my own self measurement of fWHR. When you get an eye exam there is something called pupillary distance (PD) that gets measured. My PD is 2mm wider than it was in my early 20's.

Bumping this thread.

I have a new sign of evidence that mewing works in adults that isn't subjective to my own self measurement of fWHR. When you get an eye exam there is something called pupillary distance (PD) that gets measured. My PD is 2mm wider than it was in my early 20's.
I don’t wanna be a Johnny Raincloud here but your still growing in your early 20s naturally.

I don’t wanna be a Johnny Raincloud here but your still growing in your early 20s naturally.

It's possible, I'm just reporting a finding that nobody else has reported and probably never even crossed anyone's mind before. You can make whatever you want of this. Hopefully other people reading this may look at older glasses prescriptions from before they started mewing and after so we can try and find a correlation between mewing and PD changes or just PD changing over peoples 20's w/o mewing.

Mewing threads are literrally becoming a meme

Bumping this thread.

Your eyes being further apart isnt a good thing

Your eyes being further apart isnt a good thing

It's a metric of facial width increase that's not exclusively from zygomatic arch and orbital rim increase. Assuming the distance from the pupil to the end of the zygo is the same than that's a 2mm widening of the face.

Only thing i notice when mewing is that its easier for me to breathe since my sinuses are clearer. Also it pulls the hyoid bone up so you have a better side profile

• +1
Reactions: Phad
1.57575757575757 fwhr, its over for me :feelsrope::feelsrope: