Advance the maxilla using face mask and reverse chin cup

Extra Chromosome

Extra Chromosome

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22773672
This study has been done on 9 year olds tho.
Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
The aim of this randomized clinical trial was to assess differences in the effects of face mask and reverse chin cup therapy on maxillary deficient growing patients.
METHODS:
The sample consisted of 42 class III patients with maxillary deficiency randomly divided into two equal groups. Twenty-one patients (10 males and 11 females) with a mean age of 8.9 (SD: 1.4) years were treated with a face mask for 18 (SD: 2) months. Twenty-one patients (9 males and 12 females) with the mean age of 9.2 (SD: 1.1) years were treated with a reverse chin cup for 19 (SD: 4) months. Cephalometric radiographs were taken at the beginning and end of treatment and the cephalometric measurements were analysed. Paired t-tests and a Wilcoxon test were used for intra-group evaluations. Mann-Whitney test was used for inter-group evaluations.
RESULTS:
Sella-Nasion-A point (SNA) was increased by 1° (SD: 1.7°) (P<0.003) and 1.8° (SD: 1.7°) (P<0.001) in the face mask and reverse chin cup groups, respectively. The IMPA decreased by 4.1° (SD: 6.5°) in face mask group (P<0.009) and 3.1° (SD: 4.7°) in the reverse chin cup group (P<0.008). However, no statistically significant differences were seen in changes between the two groups.
CONCLUSION:
Both face mask and reverse chin cup appliances are successful at moving the maxilla forward.

• +1
Reactions: toolateforme, AspiringChad and mojopin
Both face mask and reverse chin cup appliances are successful at moving the maxilla forward
This probably only works on children, your tyoical oldcel wont see any changes with it

• +1
Reactions: toolateforme and Deleted member 1973
  • +1
Reactions: Hades
Can someone explain to me how this holy grail is not alternative to Le Fort III again?

Any surgeons you'd recommend who do this in Europe? Any good before-afters? Seems like an amazing technnique.

• +1
Reactions: androidcel and Extra Chromosome
Can someone explain to me how this holy grail is not alternative to Le Fort III again?

Any surgeons you'd recommend who do this in Europe? Any good before-afters? Seems like an amazing technnique.
It comes with drawbacks like increased lower face height.

i have to do this asap

i have to do this asap
Check it in depth first.
You are sacrificing a part of your aesthetics for maxillary advancement with this method.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
after check in depth, i'm don't gonna do this :lul: (same for oldcel don't waste your time)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Extra Chromosome
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22773672
This study has been done on 9 year olds tho.
Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
The aim of this randomized clinical trial was to assess differences in the effects of face mask and reverse chin cup therapy on maxillary deficient growing patients.
METHODS:
The sample consisted of 42 class III patients with maxillary deficiency randomly divided into two equal groups. Twenty-one patients (10 males and 11 females) with a mean age of 8.9 (SD: 1.4) years were treated with a face mask for 18 (SD: 2) months. Twenty-one patients (9 males and 12 females) with the mean age of 9.2 (SD: 1.1) years were treated with a reverse chin cup for 19 (SD: 4) months. Cephalometric radiographs were taken at the beginning and end of treatment and the cephalometric measurements were analysed. Paired t-tests and a Wilcoxon test were used for intra-group evaluations. Mann-Whitney test was used for inter-group evaluations.
RESULTS:
Sella-Nasion-A point (SNA) was increased by 1° (SD: 1.7°) (P<0.003) and 1.8° (SD: 1.7°) (P<0.001) in the face mask and reverse chin cup groups, respectively. The IMPA decreased by 4.1° (SD: 6.5°) in face mask group (P<0.009) and 3.1° (SD: 4.7°) in the reverse chin cup group (P<0.008). However, no statistically significant differences were seen in changes between the two groups.
CONCLUSION:
Both face mask and reverse chin cup appliances are successful at moving the maxilla forward.
Just use an correctly anchored Facepuller like this instead

Screenshot 20191207 152810

I don't think they're gonna work on adults

This probably only works on children, your tyoical oldcel wont see any changes with it
Yes if you break your Jaws first, use the Facepuller and combine with HGH and k2 d3for maximum bone remodelling

Yes if you break your Jaws first, use the Facepuller and combine with HGH and k2 d3for maximum bone remodelling
This is what im gonna do in January, minus the jaw breaking

This is what im gonna do in January, minus the jaw breaking
Cope
If you don't weaken the maxillary and mandibular bones they won't ever adapt to the forces of the Facepuller and remodel correctly

Cope
If you don't weaken the maxillary and mandibular bones they won't ever adapt to the forces of the Facepuller and remodel correctly
I can weaken your maxillary bones faggot

• Love it
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
there is like a 95% chance this doesnt work lmao 9 years olds bones are way more malleable than human that is in the middle of puberty and so on.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227

Add roids and sarms vitamin c and some other substances

is there a single thing that doesnt work on 9 year olds?

I would like to see some proper before and afters in adults.

Cope

Why does this need to happen? Seems dangerous to break Your bones and then add force to it. If Mewing theoretically works than FacePulling should work with out breaking anything

Why does this need to happen? Seems dangerous to break Your bones and then add force to it. If Mewing theoretically works than FacePulling should work with out breaking anything
medial suture ossifies pretty early

the sutures of rest of maxilla atay open a while longer

but if those would also ossify early, then it would be over for aesthetic results

medial suture ossifies pretty early

the sutures of rest of maxilla atay open a while longer

but if those would also ossify early, then it would be over for aesthetic results

Why would it be over? Asking cause I’m not well informed and trying to learn. So a FacePuller could work is what you’re saying

Why would it be over? Asking cause I’m not well informed and trying to learn. So a FacePuller could work is what you’re saying
I am talking about palate expansion