Almost as important as height is PERCEIVED height and that is determined by RATIOS

Deleted member 3479

Deleted member 3479

Silver
I always get comments like "I thought you were shorter", "did you grow taller or something", "wow, you are actually taller than him", "5'6 girls said they thought i was as tall as they were", now i am 5'10'' so not short or tall but i came to the conclusion that i LOOK short, yesterday my sister said that she thought she had similar height to mine (she is 5'7'') until i walked next to her.

The thing is i have a short perceived height due to short limbs and long torso my little brother is 5'11'' and everyone keeps saying he is MUCH taller than me even though it is barely visible when we stand next to each other but he has LONG limbs and a medium torso

LIMBS + TORSO affect your perceived height A LOT
IDEAL = medium legs + torso (approx same height both)
PROOF:

" We found that male and female pictures with shorter than average legs were perceived as less attractive by both sexes. Although longer legs appeared to be more attractive, this was true only for the slight (5%) leg length increase; excessively long legs decreased body attractiveness for both sexes. Because leg length conveys biological quality, we hypothesize that such preferences reflect the workings of evolved mate-selection mechanisms. Short and/or excessively long legs might indicate maladaptive biological conditions such as genetic diseases, health problems, or weak immune responses to adverse environmental factors acting during childhood and adolescence. "

"But as seen in previous work, women noticed if the legs made up more or less than half his height—and they didn’t like it. "

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Hightwolf, BigBoy, 000 and 10 others
true because my bro is slightly taller than me but looks way taller for the listed reasons.

so a 5% longer lower body than torso is ideal?

Yeah I have seen this many times... Sometimes when Im close to tall looking guy Im as same height.. and it make me happy.. .. Then there are guys that have long neck and short limbs... long fore head.. . They look like mantlet .. and when Im near them.... Im same height as them and It makes me feel like im short. Talking about height of 5.10

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: johncruz12345
this why i always rock high waist tbh idgaf what anybody says

makes yo legs look taller

long legs are aesthetic as fuck indeed

• +1
Reactions: 000, Reoa, diggbicc and 4 others
Lifefuel for spinecels like me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776 and Deleted member 6723
I got some luck I guesss.. My legs are little bit taller than my torso... My neck is small but its not too small that it looks weird.. I also have small forehead which is always +.. but Im still manlet. My height is at 5.10 territory.. When I use shoes.

Last edited:
I have extremely long legs

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and HighIQcel
Long legs and long arms matter most

• +1
Reactions: nonserviam and Need2Ascend
Look at Michael phelps and Bolt. Drastic difference similar height.

I have noticed this as well tbh.

damn no wonder even with my 5'9", I get comments like "you are short".

or weak immune responses to adverse environmental factors acting during childhood and adolescence. "
This sentence sums my life up perfectly. Bad immune system = allergies = mouthbreathing = shit face

This sentence sums my life up perfectly. Bad immune system = allergies = mouthbreathing = shit face
Same here boyo i got tonsilitis so much as a kid the disease gave me PTSD

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
Same here boyo i got tonsilitis so much as a kid the disease gave me PTSD
I had my tonsils removed because of the same thing. It's so over for autoimmune cels

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3479
People are shocked seeing me next to them compared to me next to them in photos, perception is everything,

I'm about 6'6 but dudes will think I'm 6'3 or something but girls will actually either overestimate or be spot on surprisingly

Dunno, guess it's because I don't look lanky and am somewhat proportionate

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4720
Should those with already longer legs in relation to body proportion bother with LL?