Am i the only one who's sceptic about mewing?

@Nibba @Madness
Would you guys keep in on topic please?
@11gaijin said he wanted to improve quality (or at least reduce unnecessary spam) in the looksmax section, so could you respect him and not post unrelated things here? Tnx.
Yeah this shouldn't even be in looksmaxing it's about the opposite. Should be in off topic

• +1
Reactions: SeiGun
Yeah this shouldn't even be in looksmaxing it's about the opposite. Should be in off topic
It's a discussion about validity/effectiveness of looksmaxing method, therefore looksmaxing related

It's a discussion about validity/effectiveness of looksmaxing method, therefore looksmaxing related
Eh the post was low effort and :feelsuhh: tier so there's shitposting on it. Notice how in serious threads about looksmaxing there's none of that shit

Eh the post was low effort and :feelsuhh: tier so there's shitposting on it. Notice how in serious threads about looksmaxing there's none of that shit
You and madness are only ones that shitposted, just because you don't agree with some thing doesn't make it :feelsuhh:
I expected to get a bit of flak for questioning established orthodoxy (it always happens at hive minded places), but you wen't too far.

You and madness are only ones that shitposted, just because you don't agree with some thing doesn't make it :feelsuhh:
There's scientific evidence. Literally everyone in this thread is telling you that. That's what makes it retarded dude
but you wen't too far
D8336426 BAA9 446F 8430 59C1DFCB039F

What the fuck are you even talking about bro lmfao

There's scientific evidence. Literally everyone in this thread is telling you that. That's what makes it retarded dude
Im pretty sure you're trolling at this point, only citation provided was how Mike Mew got kicked out of Orthodontic Society for failing to provide any evidence of mewing's effectiveness, told ppl to give solid food to babies and implied that people with sleep apnea are stupid.

Im pretty sure you're trolling at this point, only citation provided was how Mike Mew got kicked out of Orthodontic Society for failing to provide any evidence of mewing's effectiveness
Look at the pics posted in this thread retard. And multiple users myself included have shown side by sides IN MOTION of it working

Be a skeptic, but still mew. It it does work, you don't wanna miss wasted time.

• +1
Reactions: manlet cUnt
don't listen to me I'm a pedo

• +1
Reactions: Phad, Yummyinmytummy and mojopin
Here's the take. John Mew tries to show the British Orthodontists society some findings his father found whilst practising traditional Orthodontics. The British Orthodontists society rejects John Mews claims and he gets laughed at in one of the conferences where he tried to bring up the topic. Mike Mew tries to show the British Orthodontists society his fathers and his grandfather's findings. The British Orthodontists society delayed the intended meeting to discuss his fathers and grandfathers findings until recently where all the claims we're denied. If the British Orthodontists Society acted as a scientific institute and not a business institute we could have some solid scientific studies to this day. The Orthotropics channel is a way to preserve the information until the British Orthodontist Society is ready to listen.

It's mostly placebo

Call me a cynic, but i just don't buy how tongue posture can change your face significantly.
It seems like a weird cope, hard to prove it's effect too.
I guess if you had identical twins and had one mew and other not than you could objectively measure if mewing had any effect vs natural growth.
Or am i missing something?
I believe wholeheartedly that mewing and chewing hard foods affects facial growth when growing up. 100%. I rested the tongue at the bottom of my mouth awkwardly when growing up, I even remember at some point asking if it was correct, which a family member that also had braces told me it was. In the end I needed four extractions, I was a clear orthodontic failure. The only good thing that came out of it were straight teeth, at the cost of complete downswing in facial structure.

If mouthbreathing is bad for facial structure (which it has been proven time and time again that it is), then mewing is the polar opposite. You basically make it impossible to breathe through your mouth, think about it, even if you opened your mouth you wouldn't be able to breathe through it if you are mewing correctly. Proper swallow as well, I think it makes perfect sense that sucking on your teeth every time you swallow (which we do a lot) eventually shifts them. I know it's anecdotal, but in many vids on mewing people will chime in and say "Damn, I've had my tongue like this my whole life and never had braces, I thought everyone did this?"

But I won't lie. I think for most adults, especially those that have had extractions, the potential for forward growth in bone is extremely low. I don't know if I'll ever come to terms with that I'll always have less facial bone, and a flatter, more unattractive aesthetic facially thanks to the retruded maxilla,and the downswung face.

I do think mewing can positively affect adults too though. I think you can mildly improve palate (its softer than bone), to improve airflow and get better sleep, etc. I think you can work your masseter muscles, and I think you can ever so slightly improve the protrusion of your cheekbones (I feel it in my cheekbones when I hardmew, and they seem to be more prominent, although they were always good)

Overall, it's a good cope and a good habit. I quit using my retainers over 4 months ago, and my teeth, which slightly differently placed, are still straight, and I think I can attribute that to mewing. Most people that end up with crooked teeth after they stop using their retainers probably don't learn proper oral posture and swallow, but I did.

I'm gonna make sure my sons never need braces. It's going to be great seeing how beautiful I could have been put into action.

Last edited:
ive been hard mewing tonight and my cheekbones have moved and now i can see a kinda outline on one side of my face.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel