An explanation of the PSL scale

Gazzamogga

Gazzamogga

‎Retired (?)
I'm making this thread because I've noticed that there's a lot of mixed opinions on the average as well as the percentiles for PSL values. I've seen people claiming that Chico, O'pry, Gandy and Barrett are 7-7.5 PSL and even today someone claimed that 6 PSL is 1 in 10.000. Note: This is not a guide on how to rate faces.

The PSL scale assumes that peoples beauty is normally distributed. Therefore the PSL scale ranges from 0-8 with 4 as the average. Every PSL point represents one sigma, or one standard deviation. This means that ~68% of the population is between 3-5 PSL.

Now let's look at the percentiles for each PSL value, 4 and above.

PSL 4: 50th percentile (1 in 2)
PSL 5: 84th percentile (1 in ~6)
PSL 6: 97.75th percentile (1 in ~44)
PSL 7: 99.865th percentile (1 in ~741)
PSL 8: 99.997th percentile (1 in ~28.571)

The definition of a PSL8 is not perfection, it simply means the worlds best looking men alive. The reason that the scale doesn't go up to 10 is because at that point, it really doesn't matter.

@Alarico8 Let me know if I missed anything or made a mistake somewhere

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: coolguy1, Deleted member 4946, Deleted member 12146 and 25 others
Are Chico, O'pry and Cavill psl 8?

• +1
Reactions: Bechadish
I always though PSL 5 was 1/5
and PSL 6 1/20 among young, healthy men

Chico is seriously overated, i mean at least now. Cavill is at 8 overall, mostly thanks to his status and charisma.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7506
By definition, yes.

Let's say Sweden has 2.5 million men between the ages of 18-30. That would mean there are 88 men that are PSL8 in Sweden

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, CursedOne, Aesthetic and 5 others
By definition, yes.

Let's say Sweden has 2.5 million men between the ages of 18-30. That would mean there are 88 men that are PSL8 in Sweden
88 is too low, more like 1k at least imho.

• +1
Reactions: FutureMogger
HOE-LEE-FUK !

2.500.000/28.571 = 87.5

Now you could make the argument that Sweden is Chad central but that's a different discussion

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, PrisonMike, Aesthetic and 7 others
I'm making this thread because I've noticed that there's a lot of mixed opinions on the average as well as the percentiles for PSL values. I've seen people claiming that Chico, O'pry, Gandy and Barrett are 7-7.5 PSL and even today someone claimed that 6 PSL is 1 in 10.000. Note: This is not a guide on how to rate faces.

The PSL scale assumes that peoples beauty is normally distributed. Therefore the PSL scale ranges from 0-8 with 4 as the average. Every PSL point represents one sigma, or one standard deviation. This means that ~68% of the population is between 3-5 PSL.

The definition of a PSL8 is not perfection, it simply means the worlds best looking men alive. The reason that the scale doesn't go up to 10 is because at that point, it really doesn't matter.
i disagree with this

psl 6 is chad tier

1 in 44 aren't chads

chads are 1 in 500 minimum, sometimes even more i would say a chad is 1 in 1000 men

bear in mind that 70% of american men are at least overweight or obese

psl 7 is gigachad

meaning chico barret etc

these are even rarer 1 in 100k i assume

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 8064, jake_okok and 5 others
2.500.000/28.571 = 87.5

Now you could make the argument that Sweden is Chad central but that's a different discussion
I mean, i disagree with the scale.
Actually for me there is probably not any 8 PSL in Nature without fraud of any type - camera, angle, lightning, photoshop, make up, surgery.
But if by 8 you mean best looking men on a country, without any visible failos, and near only striking feature, and top tier phenotype, height, frame, body, then there is always more than 1k for a country of 2,5M ppl.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4416 and Vidyacoper
he didnt just randomly get the number 88 noob its thru MATHS
Chico is seriously overated, i mean at least now. Cavill is at 8 overall, mostly thanks to his status and charisma.
also take this shit back now wtf? PLUS psl scale is only about face, it doesnt take into account even body or height, yet alone status and charisma jfl

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, GigaMog, Deleted member 4416 and 1 other person
i disagree with this

psl 6 is chad tier

1 in 44 aren't chads

chads are 1 in 500 minimum, sometimes even more i would say a chad is 1 in 1000 men

bear in mind that 70% of american men are at least overweight or obese

psl 7 is gigachad

meaning chico barret etc

these are even rarer 1 in 100k i assume
You think this way because nobody knows how to use the scale and everyone has their own interpretation of it

PSL 6 is by very definition 1 in 44. Maybe the cutoff for Chad isn't PSL 6.
I mean, i disagree with the scale.
Actually for me there is probably not any 8 PSL in Nature without fraud of any type - camera, angle, lightning, photoshop, make up, surgery.
But if by 8 you mean best looking men on a country, without any visible failos, and near only striking feature, and top tier phenotype, height, frame, body, then there is always more than 1k for a country of 2,5M ppl.
Read my post.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, hebbewem, Chadelite and 2 others
he didnt just randomly get the number 88 noob its thru MATHS

also take this shit back now wtf? PLUS psl scale is only about face, it doesnt take into account even body or height, yet alone status and charisma jfl
I can do math, mate, but he has to explain why these percentage and not something else.

There are exceptions, you need to take into account whole SMV to have an accurate understanding of the attractivity of smb.

And if you think current Chico is anything higher than PSL 7, you don't know how to rate properly imho.

SmartSelect 20200115 170732 Firefox
Cope

• +1
Reactions: Over and Bechadish
I can do math, mate, but he has to explain why these percentage and not something else.

There are exceptions, you need to take into account whole SMV to have an accurate understanding of the attractivity of smb.

And if you think current Chico is anything higher than PSL 7, you don't know how to rate properly imho.
Why these percentages?

These are the sigma percentiles for a normal distribution

4 PSL = 0 sigma
5 PSL = 1 sigma
6 PSL = 2 sigma
7 PSL = 3 sigma
8 PSL = 4 sigma

• +1
Reactions: Bechadish
2.500.000/28.571 = 87.5

88 could very well be Close to the truth, I have lived in a major city in Sweden my whole life and I have met like 3 true Chads in my entire life.

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc and Bechadish
You think this way because nobody knows how to use the scale and everyone has their own interpretation of it

PSL 6 is by very definition 1 in 44. Maybe the cutoff for Chad isn't PSL 6.

Read my post.
i see

anyone can make any number i disagree with using a new SD per PSL increase

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Bechadish
Why these percentages?

These are the sigma percentiles for a normal distribution
I understand more, but is it true tho ?
I guess it's better than anything, but people on here, way more sensitive or knowlegeable always said it was - if i recall well - :
1/5 to be a PSL 5.
1/20 to be a 6 PSL.

This interpretation of the scale is nonsensical because it presumes we have the ability to take an average. I've talked about this before

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4416 and Chadelite
Tbh people say that there are like 88 males who are 8PSL in Sweden but truth is that no one expect big4-5 got rated PSL8 here.

This scale is correct.

The theory doesn't quite match reality. People become real frugal with their ratings once you pass the mid 5's.

• +1
Reactions: BeestungLipsTheory, 5'8manlet, hebbewem and 1 other person
PSL is an autistic scale made from autistic people to suck dick of their favorite MM and/or users that doesnt reflect the reality.

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
PSL is an autistic scale made from autistic people to suck dick of their favorite MM and/or users that doesnt reflect the reality.
How people have used and interpreted it is what makes it autistic, it was made to reflect reality but we know how out of touch most people on these forums are with reality.
This interpretation of the scale is nonsensical because it presumes we have the ability to take an average. I've talked about this before
You can argue that the scale is flawed and I'd agree

But this is what the scale was intended to be. Besides, I don't think you could ever have a truly objective scale and I think that 'this interpretation' of the scale is pretty good

Last edited:

GOOD thread but where did you get your numbers

GOOD thread but where did you get your numbers
These are just the numbers for a standard normal distribution. 68-95-99.7 rule

• +1
Reactions: CasualFapper
Psl 5= cute
Psl 6=chadlite
Psl 6.5= Chad
Psl 7= gigachad
Psl 8= top 1000 globally

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2403, Deleted member 4044, HighIQcel and 1 other person
These are just the numbers for a standard normal distribution. 68-95-99.7 rule

It's starting to make sense fuck me man I only ever saw 1 Jordan barret look alike in 1 Town this shit is mind boggling.

After leaving the basement it's getting more and more in your face that most men are subhumans.

It's starting to make sense fuck me man I only ever saw 1 Jordan barret look alike in 1 Town this shit is mind boggling.

After leaving the basement it's getting more and more in your face that most men are subhumans.
They're only subhumans to you because you've been dwelling in your basement worshipping and jacking off to top 0.000001% models

They're only subhumans to you because you've been dwelling in your basement worshipping and jacking off to top 0.000001% models

That's a pretty fair accurate assessment.

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga

You must be dumb arent you?Soo you go on the street and you see araound 1000 people and one of them probably has to be a 7 PSL giga chad?Just retarded thread

You must be dumb arent you?Soo you go on the street and you see araound 1000 people and one of them probably has to be a 7 PSL giga chad?Just retarded thread
This is what the scale was intended to be

7psl was never intended to be gigachad

this comment sums it up well:
This scale is correct.

The theory doesn't quite match reality. People become real frugal with their ratings once you pass the mid 5's.

intended to be
Yeah but we live in fucked up society....In my entire life span I havent seen noone who looks more than 6.5 PSL.....and I go out regularly....most people I see are 3 or 4

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
I've never seen a psl 7 tho.And i've seen more than 1k people by far.

I've never seen a psl 7 tho.And i've seen more than 1k people by far.
"The theory doesn't quite match reality. People become real frugal with their ratings once you pass the mid 5's. "

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
"The theory doesn't quite match reality. People become real frugal with their ratings once you pass the mid 5's. "
what does it supposed to mean ? That people don't like to rate high ?

what does it supposed to mean ? That people don't like to rate high ?
yes. this is just what the scale is supposed to be.

but people just assume that 8 = perfection which makes chico barret opry gandy etc somewhere in the 7s, which brings everyones rating down so now you hardly ever see people get rated above 6

i don't have any illusions that people will actually start rating 'properly' according to this scale, i just wanted to let people know that 1 psl point is supposed to equal 1 standard deviation. when i figured that out things made a lot of sense.

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet, Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 3043
yes. this is just what the scale is supposed to be.

but people just assume that 8 = perfection which makes chico barret opry gandy etc somewhere in the 7s, which brings everyones rating down so now you hardly ever see people get rated above 6

i don't have any illusions that people will actually start rating 'properly' according to this scale, i just wanted to let people know that 1 psl point is supposed to equal 1 standard deviation. when i figured that out things made a lot of sense.
may be then i can come close to a 6.

PSL 9-10s only exist through morphs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: wateriswet, Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and 1 other person

Finally someone talking some sense about PSL.
I never understood it. And there was never an example guide, with pictures on what is Psl 3, 4 etc..
This is at least a good start. I can understand.

The 1 thing is though.

A big jump happens from PSL 4 to 5. Percentile wise.
I mean.
PSL4 -> top 50%
PSL 5 -> top 16%.
Percentile on jumps up a massive 34%.
Which then also means, every small increase when starting as a normie. gives HUGH percentile increase. By just looksmaxxing like 0.75 points PSL. From 4 PSL to 4.75 PSL. And bamm, top 25%. That's where the real percentile ascension happens, I guess.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Gazzamogga
Finally someone talking some sense about PSL.
I never understood it. And there was never an example guide, with pictures on what is Psl 3, 4 etc..
This is at least a good start. I can understand.

The 1 thing is though.

A big jump happens from PSL 4 to 5. Percentile wise.
I mean.
PSL4 -> top 50%
PSL 5 -> top 16%.
Percentile on jumps up a massive 34%.
Which then also means, every small increase when starting as a normie. gives HUGH percentile increase. By just looksmaxxing like 0.75 points PSL. From 4 PSL to 4.75 PSL. And bamm, top 25%. That's where the real percentile ascension happens, I guess.
Yeah, plus it's also much easier to go from 4 to 5 than it is to go from 5 to 6.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401