An idea on palate expanders?

H

hairyballscel

✡︎
Okay so we all know bone borne expansion is better, tooth borne expanders work aswell but can result in more dentoalveolar side effects.
51 057b639103db11 600x6002x

What if one could break off the metal parts that protrude from the expander so that it doesn’t touch and latch on to the teeth and use it as a medium for palatal expansion. This sounds retarded but what if you covered the whole surface area of the expander on the side that touches your palate with double sided tape, so it doesn't touch the teeth at all. It still isn't better than something bone borne but it shouldn't cause tipping or shit like that.

Thoughts?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chadelite and NarrowJaw
palate expanders are CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT. they can help remove all facial asymmetries in just 7 months of wearing it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and hairyballscel
palate expanders are CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT. they can help remove all facial asymmetries in just 7 months of wearing it
how would palate expansion remove ALL facial asymmetries?, my eyes are different sizes so thats lifefuel

how would palate expansion remove ALL facial asymmetries?, my eyes are different sizes so thats lifefuel
trust me this isn't a lie
rest of your face is kinda resting on your upper palate. so when it is narrow aka bad base it can't give your face much of a stable base so then your face kinda collapses and you get facial asymmetry in your case your eye area is not symmetrical. mike mew talked about this before and helped A LOT of people fix this problem.i will try to find the video for you.

• Woah
Reactions: hairyballscel
With my experience making appliances I can safely tell you that isn’t going to work. If you want to expand the palate get MSE. That’s it.

• So Sad
Reactions: hoodmaxxnigga
With my experience making appliances I can safely tell you that isn’t going to work. If you want to expand the palate get MSE. That’s it.
not necessarily, unless your palate is fucked beyond repair

im 16 doe, and i haven't found any MSE practioners in England, so your saying this has no chance, what about normal palate expanders?