Any of you guys found some good multivitamins / supplements?

D

Deleted member 1332

Obviously you ideally shouldn't even need to take multivitamins / supplements as your diet should cover it, but in my case it's a bit difficult to eat well at uni (though I try my best). Any of you guys found any multivitamins that seem to help maintain good skin / hair / nails / etc? Currently got Optimum Nutrition multivitamins but haven't noticed anything too great from them + they weren't cheap iirc.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Emu oil.
Thank me later.

99% of supps is bullshit.

For hair and skin you will have to megadose vitamin C and E. Personally I am doing 6 grams of C a day with 800mg of E. There is also beta carotene at 30kIU to add to the mix. As for injections there are peptides, but not going to get into it now.

Multis are utter crap, their doses are so small. One day of my Vitamin C dose equals several bottles of multi at once.

99% of supps is bullshit.

For hair and skin you will have to megadose vitamin C and E. Personally I am doing 6 grams of C a day with 800mg of E. There is also beta carotene at 30kIU to add to the mix. As for injections there are peptides, but not going to get into it now.

Multis are utter crap, their doses are so small. One day of my Vitamin C dose equals several bottles of multi at once.

Are there any potential health issues that can arise from dosages like those? Or you think multis in general are just weak as hell?

Are there any potential health issues that can arise from dosages like those? Or you think multis in general are just weak as hell?
Multis are weak, even if they were strong you won't want it because of the many vitamins on the list.

Hypervitaminosis/vitamin C toxicity
It is not known to what extent routine ingestion of very high doses of vitamin C seriously impairs health in a lasting way. Occasional large intakes of vitamin C may cause stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhoea in some fasting subjects but have no long-term adverse effects. Several mechanisms prevent excessively high concentrations of ascorbic acid in blood plasma (Hodges, 1980). Only a certain amount of vitamin C can be absorbed, and if more is ingested it will be excreted in the faeces. The second line of defence is the kidneys, which excrete excess amounts. A third protective mechanism is that food generally contains small amounts of the vitamin. The frequency of reported toxic manifestations is very low relative to the number of persons routinely ingesting large doses (Olson & Hodges, 1987).
It has been specifically proposed that megadoses of vitamin C increase oxalate production (thereby increasing the formation of renal stones); competitively inhibit renal reabsorption of uric acid; enhance the destruction of vitamin B12 in the gut; intensify the enteric absorption of non-haem iron, thus leading to iron overload; result in mutagenic effects; and increase vitamin C catabolism that would persist after returning to lower intakes of the vitamin (Combs, 1992). These and other possible effects of high doses have been reviewed by Hornig and Moser (1981) and Rivers (1989), who conclude that ingestion of even massive amounts of vitamin C (up to 10 g/day) does not usually constitute a health risk for humans. Nevertheless, large doses are contra- indicated in cases of renal insufficiency, chronic haemodialysis, unusual forms of iron overload, and in oxalate stone formers.​
http://helid.digicollection.org/en/d/Js2901e/6.5.html

You decide. I will proceed with my 6g/d dose.

How long have you been megadosing vitamin c?
A week. Way too early for any results. And I used to sporadically take 2g. You need a consistent dosing schedule.
Does it lighten skin?
Yes. By inhibition of PKC which is responsible for activation of tyrosine kinase receptors and initiating production of melanin.

Make sure to get your vitamin C with citrus bioflavonoids to improve bioavailability and peak serum concentrations.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended