Anyone else has OCPD (Obsessive compulsive personality disorder)?

Deleted member 5892

Deleted member 5892

Requested ban, I'll be back soon
I was diagnosed 2 years ago. It is a personality disorder characterized by excessive concern with orderliness, perfectionism, attention to details, mental and interpersonal control. I'm just curious because people here are obsessed with looks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and 25thpercentile human
Not me, my cousin does. its annoying af. When I take off my shoes they need to be straightened by him lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, 25thpercentile human and Deleted member 5892
Not me, my cousin does. its annoying af. When I take off my shoes they need to be straightened by him lol
This mental illness wastes me so much time, it's crazy. I literally spent the last week making cleaning plans for my house and hanging them on the walls. I've been so obsessed with germs lately that I can't sleep anymore...

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 6401, 25thpercentile human and 1 other person
I am on the spectrum. I went to an expert and he told me I have it and I should get help. My parents don't give a shit tho. I've been living with it for 5 years now. I am gonna get proper help later on. It sucks. It's a burden. Feels like there is an itch to scratch the whole time. Now, I have really good self control and I often resolve things in my own mind but sometimes it gets too much. In periods of stress I clean my room and cut my fingernails too much. I don't know if this is actually the case but I would attribute some good things to it too. Obviously the bad outweighs the good. I am very meticulous and organised. Good at analysing shit. I am not aspie tho. I guess CS is indeed a good career for me. Still, having this disease sucks and I would gladly get rid of it if I could.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, 25thpercentile human and Deleted member 5892
I am on the spectrum. I went to an expert and he told me I have it and I should get help. My parents don't give a shit tho. I've been living with it for 5 years now. I am gonna get proper help later on. It sucks. It's a burden. Feels like there is an itch to scratch the whole time. Now, I have really good self control and I often resolve things in my own mind but sometimes it gets too much. In periods of stress I clean my room and cut my fingernails too much. I don't know if this is actually the case but I would attribute some good things to it too. Obviously the bad outweighs the good. I am very meticulous and organised. Good at analysing shit. I am not aspie tho. I guess CS is indeed a good career for me. Still, having this disease sucks and I would gladly get rid of it if I could.
Do you also have obsessive thoughts about germ contamination? I get super anxious if a single component has not been properly sanitized because it could contaminate every other component. Do you make schematics /Do you set rules that you have to follow meticulously for home tasks? (for example: remove germs from surfaces from top to bottom in each compartment of a room) I think I'm becoming crazy tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 6401 and 25thpercentile human
not sure if its ocd but i rub my doorknob for like 3 seconds after closing it. really fucks with my life sometimes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
not sure if its ocd but i rub my doorknob for like 3 seconds after closing it. really fucks with my life sometimes
It could be OCD. I also sometimes feel the compulsion to touch things in specific ways.

• +1
  • +1
Chad trait tbh
giphy.gif

• +1
I haven't been diagnosed but I might have it.

When it comes to sentences, I always put an end to my sentence with a full stop and just can't forget to put one tbh

• +1
more or less the same thing. just touching shit a lot.
Anyways, you should seek help as soon as possible if you have any symptom, if you wait too long it will get worse.
I haven't been diagnosed but I might have it.

When it comes to sentences, I always put an end to my sentence with a full stop and just can't forget to put one tbh
I don't think this is OCD
Chad trait tbh
giphy.gif
It's not. It's mental torture. I compulsively pluck my hair...It's called trichotillomania and now I need hair/eyebrows transplant.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and 25thpercentile human
Do you also have obsessive thoughts about germ contamination? I get super anxious if a single component has not been properly sanitized because it could contaminate every other component. Do you make schematics /Do you set rules that you have to follow meticulously for home tasks? (for example: remove germs from surfaces from top to bottom in each compartment of a room) I think I'm becoming crazy tbh
I do have rules. Thankfully I don't have an obsession with germs but I do have it with small particles so to say. Like dust and dirt. I clean my desk often because I don't like it when there is something under the paper I write on. I also do have very specific ways to do thing. The way I use my laptop. How I enter the house. How I chew a banana.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 5892