Anyone else suffer from seborrheic dermatitis/chronic dandruff?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I've had chronic dandruff on my scalp since early puberty.
Two and a half years ago, it spread also to my facial skin below my beard (chin and jawline area) and causes extreme itching, inflammation, moist yellowish scales flaking off and crusty skin.

It's a mess, very uncomfortable to live with and looks gross too. I've somehow been keeping it "under control" with antifungal/antidandruff shampoo but it never really went away. Sweating, wet hair (moisture) and stress make it way worse. So does growing my beard/hair out longer.

Now, I haven't been seeing a dermatologist yet but from my own research, I think I have seborrheic dermatitis, an incurable skin condition. It's driving me crazy. The longer my beard/facial hair or even scalp hair grows the worse it gets. I want to be wearing a longer full beard some day but this condition would be getting in the way greatly. My father has psoriasis btw.

>> Does anyone else here suffer from seborrheic dermatitis/chronic dandruff or sth similar? Can anyone help or has found a solution? <<

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborrhoeic_dermatitis

Last edited:
i dont bro, i knew a guy with horrible psoriasis. he experimented with various diets, i think he hates veganism lol. maybe he had seborrheic dermatitis too... he'd go to these homeopathic doctors.

Last edited:
What would happen if you shaved your beard and head completely

Why haven't you gone to a dermo but ur posting here? Just go and check man seriously

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and Bewusst
I also have seborrheic dermatitis (at least I think I do)
I used to have yellow hard flakes forming on my scalp (mostly where my hairline begins) and I used to scrape them off with my nails which made it way worse.

I "cured" it by using ketoconazole shampoo. It still comes back twice a year or something but after 2 uses of the shampoo it goes away again.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Use Nizoral shampoo

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt
What would happen if you shaved your beard and head completely
I'd look even more subhuman. Couldn't leave the house for real.
I also have seborrheic dermatitis (at least I think I do)
I used to have yellow hard flakes forming on my scalp (mostly where my hairline begins) and I used to scrape them off with my nails which made it way worse.

I "cured" it by using ketoconazole shampoo. It still comes back twice a year or something but after 2 uses of the shampoo it goes away again.
Thanks a lot. That helps. Hope I can get my hands on it without a prescription.

Last edited:
I had it brutally on my forehead, redness and the scratchy shit almost looked like there was a map of a random country carved out on my forehead
supplementing zinc,niacinamide and brewers yeast helped me (they were all in one)

For the scalp use Neutrogena T/Gel, Dercos SD, or Nizoral and you'll be fine
For the face/beard use niacinamide, aloe vera, ketoconazole cream, or a cream with hydrocortisone 1% if your SD is getting worse

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
i think its caused by malnutrition/ gut issues

I'd look even more subhuman. Couldn't leave the house for real.
I’m asking if it would go away if you shaved your beard and head