Anyone Use High dose MSM Powder?

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Hey everyone

With MSM being called the "Beauty mineral" I'm surprised at the few threads on it I've seen. I also have seen people mention MSM pills, but you can buy OptiMSM, which is supposedly a good type, in powder form. I buy a 1 pound tub for like 20$ or something from VS, and they have BOGO or BOGO 50% off sometimes too.

I used to take a lot, but lately I've been taking like half a teaspoon twice a day, once in the afternoon after I workout, and again in the evening. 1/4 teaspoon is 1 gram, so I only take 4 grams daily. I want to increase it again but I need to stock up on the stuff. I always take this with vitamin C (L-AA) powder too, since it apparently helps the absorption of the MSM. I take between 1000-1500mg at the same time with MSM (mixed into some water). I think you are supposed to take half as much vitamin C as MSM but if I did that it would quickly get out of hand.

My main concern with this is that apparelty it antagonizes the mineral molybdenum, and a molybdenum deficiency can lead to, amonth other things, loss of skin elasticity, so I don't know at what level that would happen.

Thoughts? Especially on the molybdenum thing? I know I can just take a multi-mineral or something but I'd like to know for sure.

• Love it
Reactions: Roge
i have my "skin hair nail" multivitamin every day its a big pill and it's got 1000msm as well as vit-c, zinc and some other stuff

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
i have my "skin hair nail" multivitamin every day its a big pill and it's got 1000msm as well as vit-c, zinc and some other stuff

Yeah I take zinc too, which antagonizes copper but apparently not until you go kind of high with the dose, my zinc is only like 30mg.

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)1000mg
Red algae (L. calcareum) powder150mg
Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)120mg150
L-Lysine (as HCl)50mg
L-Proline50mg
Zinc (as citrate)15mg150
Copper (as bisglycinate)2000µg200

Solgar Skin, Nails and Hair Formula Tablets

My pills..

I think they work good.. i have less acne and shaving rash. Only been taking 2 weeks.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and theanonymousone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back