Anyone's face get WORSE after mewing?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Have been mewing seriously since about late December last year. Also been hard mewing as much as possible but stopped recently because I wasn't getting the results I wanted (more on that later). Also adopted better eating posture (bringing food to mouth rather than other way around) and chewing Mastic gum for about an hour a day, occasionally 3-4 hours when I forget to take it out.

The thing is, one side of my face is quite asymmetric, and is more so than it was before I started mewing (I confirmed by looking at older photos of myself) and I can't seem to tell which side is more recessed (the difference is kinda minor atm and not as easy to tell). Also, in terms of the asymmetry, my lips have started to become angled towards the right side of my face, and my nose on the left hand side of my face has a more narrow nostril than on the right.

This is quite worrying as I am 21 years old and I want to fix this asymmetry with mewing before the window closes. Also I have noticed my nose bridge leans more towards the left hand side of my face, if that means anything. I also have braces and have had 4 teeth extracted so maybe my face is getting pulled back in an asymmetric way by the orthodontics?

It could also be that I have become a lot more obsessed with aesthetics since joining .me and am actively looking for flaws that I might otherwise not have noticed.

Would appreciate any advice on identifying which side is recessed and how I could go about fixing it (chewing more on one side, mewing harder on one side etc.)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380, thecel and joeveniro
Have been mewing seriously since about late December last year. Also been hard mewing as much as possible but stopped recently because I wasn't getting the results I wanted (more on that later). Also adopted better eating posture (bringing food to mouth rather than other way around) and chewing Mastic gum for about an hour a day, occasionally 3-4 hours when I forget to take it out.

The thing is, one side of my face is quite asymmetric, and is more so than it was before I started mewing (I confirmed by looking at older photos of myself) and I can't seem to tell which side is more recessed (the difference is kinda minor atm and not as easy to tell). Also, in terms of the asymmetry, my lips have started to become angled towards the right side of my face, and my nose on the left hand side of my face has a more narrow nostril than on the right.

This is quite worrying as I am 21 years old and I want to fix this asymmetry with mewing before the window closes. Also I have noticed my nose bridge leans more towards the left hand side of my face, if that means anything. I also have braces and have had 4 teeth extracted so maybe my face is getting pulled back in an asymmetric way by the orthodontics?

It could also be that I have become a lot more obsessed with aesthetics since joining .me and am actively looking for flaws that I might otherwise not have noticed.

Would appreciate any advice on identifying which side is recessed and how I could go about fixing it (chewing more on one side, mewing harder on one side etc.)
you are just seeing shit, mewing has no much effect on the face ( huge cope, commom to fall for the mewing joke, dont worry )
the only thing mewing does good to the face is raising the hyoid bone
about the asymmetry, if theres actually an asymmetry made by mewing, its probably due to swelling/tmj/bloating ( actually got tmj and some breathing issues cause i fell for the mewing meme jfl fuck this shit )

• +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: tia0505, nolimitjosh, Leviathin and 7 others
you are just seeing shit, mewing has no much effect on the face ( huge cope, commom to fall for the mewing joke, dont worry )
about the asymmetry, if theres actually an asymmetry made by mewing, its probably due to swelling/tmj/bloating ( actually got tmj and some breathing issues cause i fell for the mewing meme jfl fuck this shit )
very based response

I don't like mewing because it makes your face look more stubby and short -- low-class.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32321 and datboijj
only thing mewing does if u aren't a toddler is make your hyoid bone higher

can't believe people believe they will get more forward growth jfl, all it does is maintain whatever forward growth u have now.

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 11295, joeveniro, datboijj and 1 other person

I do mewing for about a year and a half, but I don’t do hard mewing. Only suction hold. I had the same problem in the beginning of my journey. I found that in my case it was because I was chewing a lot from one side. Which caused my masseter muscle to grow more on one side than the other. Causing this huge asymetry. I stopped the chewing and only adopted the suction hold. I can tell that it helped against asymmetry in about 4-5 months. In your case I would try that, or else you can always make a filler or botox appointment I believe. Where they make your face more symmetric. Goodluck dude!

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
i've been mewing since june and i've seen absolutely no change, neither for good nor for bad, i could larp saying that my face has gotten really better, but that's thanks to leaning down and chewing
i only still do it cuz its easier to not mouthbreathe

• +1
Reactions: ovosoundszn
proof u have bdd

Just soft-mew retard, you need to relax your bone to make it responsive to forces.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 11053

ok so im one of the mewings gods of this world and i can see some possible reasons for your assimetry:

1- your tongue is unbalanced inside your mouth (you are pressing more on one side them the other)
2- your neck muscles are unbalanced (one side is stronger them the other)
3- you are clenching your front teeths while having some major malocclusion
4- you are not engaging the back thirdy of the tongue
5- it could be result of the extraction also

you have also to fix your neck posture and body posture asap, weird body postures can make your face to become assymetric (fr not joking).
check in the mirror and with your fingers if the tongue is properly distributed on the roof of your mouth also.

if you want further help, pls send photos and i can do a better job

@lilhorizontal32

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: warpsociety, lilhorizontal32, Deleted member 5061 and 2 others
the mewing joke turned me from truecel with the worst recessed face ive ever seen on the internet (no joke, it was unfixable) to what u see on the pfp

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IndianJock and datboijj
the mewing joke turned me from truecel with the worst recessed face ive ever seen on the internet (no joke, it was unfixable) to what u see on the pfp
from recession to tranny, lifegoals tbh.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: joeveniro, Deleted member 12165 and ovosoundszn
This

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj
ok so im one of the mewings gods of this world and i can see some possible reasons for your assimetry:

1- your tongue is unbalanced inside your mouth (you are pressing more on one side them the other)

you have also to fix your neck posture and body posture asap, weird body postures can make your face to become assymetric (fr not joking).
check in the mirror and with your fingers if the tongue is properly distributed on the roof of your mouth also.

@lilhorizontal32

That is correct, I was gonna write that he needs to do exercise and make sure his neck muscles are evenly strong and the tongue applies equal force to both sides.

Mewing alone isnt as effective, it needs to be combined with training neck muscles and doing exercises as well as becoming aware of having correct straight and symmetric body posture, avoiding any sorts of asymmetries either in your neck or spine.

• +1
Reactions: IndianJock and Deleted member 12165
put your tongue on the palate
find a line in the middle, you can feel it:
Palate

place the tongue in the middle of the line
you will feel that one side have less place for the tongue (this side is more recessed and looks more droopy)
hard mew against it
palate will even out in a year or two and the issue will resolve itself

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: DrKlinefelterPhdMd, Zradrad and lilhorizontal32
I also got bruxism and tmj from it jfl

• JFL
Reactions: joeveniro
I also got bruxism and tmj from it jfl
yeah i forgot about bruxism also got this shit JFL fuck my life everyday i wake up with pain on my jaw/masseter

@lilhorizontal32

appreciate this bro will look into it

put your tongue on the palate
find a line in the middle, you can feel it:
View attachment 957431
place the tongue in the middle of the line
you will feel that one side have less place for the tongue (this side is more recessed and looks more droopy)
hard mew against it
palate will even out in a year or two and the issue will resolve itself
still not 100% sure if Im doing it right. will probs look through my photos again to determine which side is more recessed cos I wouldnt wanna exacerbate my problem by hard mewing on my good side lmao

im guessing it would be my left side however that is more recessed as I am right handed and iirc have been hard mewing more on the right hand side of my palate and still struggle to keep my tongue on the left hand side so yeah thanks for the advice

no cuz mewing doesnt work

• WTF
I have post-Mewing syndrome

Chew evenly and chew more withincisors rather the molars, do suction hold, maintain lip seal during sleep

• +1
Reactions: thecel and lilhorizontal32
  • JFL