Are accutane side effects worth it for clear skin

A

alphaChadpeasant911

Ascending
Hi guys first post here

Been on and off accutane for the past 3 years as its the only thing that worked for my moderate-severe acne. When I'm on it my skin is literally perfect, not oily and clear af.

But
when I'm on it, i get some bad side effects like lower back pain, facial bloating and hair thinning/falling out (when i bought the generic accutane from some sus Indian website)

So basically i got off accutane about a month ago after being on it for the past 6 months, and my skin is starting to get oily and I'm getting some small pimples again. Nothing too bad, but definitely discouraging.

Is it worth it to go back on accutane to get back my clear skin but get all the side effects again? Is there any other way to fix my skin for good without staying on accutane for the rest of my life? I just want clear skin and not have to think about it every day god why am I such a skincel

Also I heard accutane makes u shorter, does anyone know if thats true lmao

• JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser, WhatToDo, alriodai and 5 others
i took that shit for like 3 months 20mg a day on and off, it worked for clearing my skin

but fuck it, im not risking possibly stunting my growth, ed and other shit, accutane is literal poison

just use retinoids, they should do the same thing as accutane but more effort and 0 sides that acc has

• +1
Reactions: xefo
I used to take it almost a year no sideeffect was found. But im not sure about height bc i took it when i was 20

What's the best form of Accutane to buy

i took that shit for like 3 months 20mg a day on and off, it worked for clearing my skin

but fuck it, im not risking possibly stunting my growth, ed and other shit, accutane is literal poison

just use retinoids, they should do the same thing as accutane but more effort and 0 sides that acc has
Where do I buy both and how much

Also I heard accutane makes u shorter, does anyone know if thats true lmao
I was 6'2 now i am 5'8 bro I took accutane from 13-18

DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, Deleted member 12165, Deleted member 12758 and 4 others
it's worth it but get liver tests month by month.

If you're bent on taking accutane then you should take a low dose but for longer periods of time. Taking high doses can cause excessive hair shedding and has all the classic side effects but only more pronounced.

If you're bent on taking accutane then you should take a low dose but for longer periods of time. Taking high doses can cause excessive hair shedding and has all the classic side effects but only more pronounced.
I was just on 20mg per day for 6 months which is already pretty low, but i still got the side effects i mentioned. Should i go lower like 10mg per day?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
I was 6'2 now i am 5'8 bro I took accutane from 13-18

DO NOT TAKE ACCUTANE
Really im 19 now at 182cm i think im done growing tho just dont wanna shrink

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, RichardSpencel and Deleted member 8608
I was just on 20mg per day for 6 months which is already pretty low, but i still got the side effects i mentioned. Should i go lower like 10mg per day?
Hmm, how bad is your skin really? If it's not that bad I'd recommend hoping off this shit drug. Have you considered applying adapalene/retin A? Those work just fine, sure you have to apply them every night, but the side effects are much lower than those of accutane.

Hmm, how bad is your skin really? If it's not that bad I'd recommend hoping off this shit drug. Have you considered applying adapalene/retin A? Those work just fine, sure you have to apply them every night, but the side effects are much lower than those of accutane.
Currently its not so bad coz I just got off accutane, but I can feel it getting oiler day by day and im getting more whiteheads/pimples. Just don't want it to go back to full blown acne stage again.

@Native

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7820

What retinoids do u recommend?

Depends on severity of acne for me it was my only, ONLY option so I’ll take it regardless

I just get intense headaches on accutane plus want to kms but i dont have a pimple, its great lol

question, did the hair thinning go away after hopping off accutane?

It's possible to clear up severe acne just through lifestyle changes. Although there's no guarantee, the outlook seems promising for most people. You should definitely consider this, especially considering the side effects you're experiencing. Start by outlining your current lifestyle and it will be easier to offer you advice: diet, sleep, exercise, general mental state, eventual health problems, etc.

It's possible to clear up severe acne just through lifestyle changes. Although there's no guarantee, the outlook seems promising for most people. You should definitely consider this, especially considering the side effects you're experiencing. Start by outlining your current lifestyle and it will be easier to offer you advice: diet, sleep, exercise, general mental state, eventual health problems, etc.
Tried this and it didn’t help. Some people are just meant to have subhuman skin, which accutane is good for

Tried this and it didn’t help. Some people are just meant to have subhuman skin, which accutane is good for
What did you do? And do you have any issues with your gut?

Tried every diet under the sun, only accutane helped
For the sake of helping others out, would you bother to go into more detail or your diets? There is always the chance you did something wrong or overlooked something(not trying to be rude, just the human factor). Did you also do other stuff, like working out and sleeping well? And sorry to repeat myself, but do you have any issues with your gut and digestion? If this is an issue, chances are you will suffer from acne in the future. Anyways, glad accutane worked for you.

100% just smash 40-60 mg a day until it's all cleared,

Only exception is if you a teen and small and can't risk stunted growth,in that case,

Retin a + clean diet (vegetables +lean meat,no sugar,no oily foods). + Red and blue light therapy + clean clothes,pillows etc,good sleep,

And even than accutane Mogs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11748
100% just smash 40-60 mg a day until it's all cleared,

Only exception is if you a teen and small and can't risk stunted growth,in that case,

Retin a + clean diet (vegetables +lean meat,no sugar,no oily foods). + Red and blue light therapy + clean clothes,pillows etc,good sleep,

And even than accutane Mogs.
are the sides permanent?

For the sake of helping others out, would you bother to go into more detail or your diets? There is always the chance you did something wrong or overlooked something(not trying to be rude, just the human factor). Did you also do other stuff, like working out and sleeping well? And sorry to repeat myself, but do you have any issues with your gut and digestion? If this is an issue, chances are you will suffer from acne in the future. Anyways, glad accutane worked for you.
I Mainly tried the low glycemic index diet and eliminated diary, gluten and sugar from my diet. Didn’t help and even made it worse to some degree
I don’t have any gut issues fortunately

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
are the sides permanent?
Not sure,I stopped start of January and my joints used to be a lot more sore,hairloss Is hard to judge as it could just be natural.

Accutane can destroy your mental health permanently. Your skin might be shit now, but the acne will ALWAYS go away even if it takes 5 years. There are lots of other alternatives, other medications, topical creams, etc. There's also another shit ton of side effects like hairloss and etc but I honestly didnt experience those

question, did the hair thinning go away after hopping off accutane?
I stopped losing hair in chunks but my hair is permanently thinner by a bit, used to be a lot thicker before i took accutane.

Yeah my acne did improve with lifestyle/diet changes, but not as good as how much it improved while taking accutane, where i literally had 0 pimples. Also i can't have perfect diet, sleep, exercise etc everyday all the time, its just not possible. With accutane i don't need to do anything and I can get perfect skin

I Mainly tried the low glycemic index diet and eliminated diary, gluten and sugar from my diet. Didn’t help and even made it worse to some degree
I don’t have any gut issues fortunately
Hm, that sounds strange. Any thoughts what’s causing the underlying inflammation?

Hm, that sounds strange. Any thoughts what’s causing the underlying inflammation?
Subhuman androgen sensitivity in my skin. Same reason I’m going bald this young

• So Sad
Reactions: Bobelbrah
Yeah my acne did improve with lifestyle/diet changes, but not as good as how much it improved while taking accutane, where i literally had 0 pimples. Also i can't have perfect diet, sleep, exercise etc everyday all the time, its just not possible. With accutane i don't need to do anything and I can get perfect skin
But you’re suffering a lot of side effects. I don’t think it is necessary to have a perfect lifestyle to have very good skin, but you will of course have to be determined. Which you’ll have to be if you want to seriously looksmax in the long term. What exactly did you do to improve your lifestyle. And what are the obstacles you mentioned, that keeps you from living healthily?

Subhuman androgen sensitivity in my skin. Same reason I’m going bald this young
Does androgen sensitivity cause inflammation? Sorry to hear about the balding.

Fucking clean your diet bro... who the f knows what else it does to your system, or will do

Hi guys first post here

Been on and off accutane for the past 3 years as its the only thing that worked for my moderate-severe acne. When I'm on it my skin is literally perfect, not oily and clear af.

But when I'm on it, i get some bad side effects like lower back pain, facial bloating and hair thinning/falling out (when i bought the generic accutane from some sus Indian website)

So basically i got off accutane about a month ago after being on it for the past 6 months, and my skin is starting to get oily and I'm getting some small pimples again. Nothing too bad, but definitely discouraging.

Is it worth it to go back on accutane to get back my clear skin but get all the side effects again? Is there any other way to fix my skin for good without staying on accutane for the rest of my life? I just want clear skin and not have to think about it every day god why am I such a skincel
lower the dose

Accutane is legit the best thing you could for acne, you just need a low dose for a longer time , side effects are minimal and temporarely.There is so much misinformation about, no It doesn't make you lose hair, the hair shedding is a rare side effect and only lasts for a year maximium.If only half the thing you read online were true that drug wouldn't even be prescribed lmao, it's safe

i get eczema from accutane now, fkn sux, its like trading spots for red marks that can sting in shit like salty ocean water
im off accutane now (was on it for too long), pretty sure my acne will come back and im waiting for eczema to fully go

Accutane is legit the best thing you could for acne, you just need a low dose for a longer time , side effects are minimal and temporarely.There is so much misinformation about, no It doesn't make you lose hair, the hair shedding is a rare side effect and only lasts for a year maximium.If only half the thing you read online were true that drug wouldn't even be prescribed lmao, it's safe

Yeah went back on it last week. My skin just kept getting worse and i started getting body acne again. But lowered the dose by half so now im on 10mg/day which is extremely low and hopefully i don't get the bad side effects again.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12071