Are braces as bad as people say?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I have a minor overbite and like 3 or 4 teeth that are slightly crooked, only on upper jaw though, all straight on lower jaw. I was thinking about asking if I am good for braces the next time I go to dentist, is this a bad idea? I would like to get all my teeth completely straight, but the thing is that I have heard a lot of negative shit on here about braces. For the record I am 22, so not like I am going through puberty or some shit and it could fuck me up that way.

elastics are the only thing you should steer away from
saying that braces ogre your maxilla is 100% mewcel cope

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder, Deleted member 2012, theanonymousone and 3 others
Had braces twice fucking hated jt

got veneers in the end on my top teeth

• So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII
i have them on right now, the first week felt like hell ngl
but i heard getting rubber bands fucks up something with ur face, but since ur facially done growing i think you'll be fine bro

i have them on right now, the first week felt like hell ngl
but i heard getting rubber bands fucks up something with ur face, but since ur facially done growing i think you'll be fine bro
dont put rubberbands even if u done growing, they can make your face worse

dont put rubberbands even if u done growing, they can make your face worse

I'm going to need bands after lower jaw surgery, to ensure my teeth and jaw align post op and heal with the desired effect. Am I an exception?

I'm going to need bands after lower jaw surgery, to ensure my teeth and jaw align post op and heal with the desired effect. Am I an exception?
Probably yes,
they will try to fix an underbite if i assume correctly
your mandible will be ahead of your maxilla
In theory facepull would be very useful it would pull your whole maxilla forward and you wouldnt need to pull your mandible backwards

Probably yes,
they will try to fix an underbite if i assume correctly
your mandible will be ahead of your maxilla
In theory facepull would be very useful it would pull your whole maxilla forward and you wouldnt need to pull your mandible backwards

I have a huge overbite and overjet. My BSSO is an advancement. Would an advanced jaw via BSSO banded to a maxilla potentially pull my maxilla forward?

I have a huge overbite and overjet. My BSSO is an advancement. Would an advanced jaw via BSSO banded to a maxilla potentially pull my maxilla forward?
Yes but only a little bit
your mandible will be "moving" far more

Braces r probably not that bad, tho elastics are.

elastics are the only thing you should steer away from
saying that braces ogre your maxilla is 100% mewcel cope

I keep hearing them but what are those? I'm pretty sure I just had a wire that went across all my teeth connected with brackets on each tooth, what are elastics? That's not what I had I'm pretty sure, I don't remember ever having any "rubber bands" in my mouth.

How huge? Can you measure the overjet or pm a photo?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Braces can mess up your face

Will not recesses your face, but I think that will definitely prevent forward growth, that's a bad thing.

Will not recesses your face, but I think that will definitely prevent forward growth, that's a bad thing.
What about when you are finished growing?

So you can get braces, but at puberty would be a bad idea.
we are talking about elastics right, doesn't it just move the teeth, like what about if the overbite/overjet is not severe, pushing the upper teeth back to make align with lower will get rid of that recess look since lower teeth can't go behind and up the upper teeth which drags your whole face down.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Braces aren’t bad it’s extractions and braces that’s bad

They're not terrible, but definitely get super annoying at times. The pain is temporary and only after they tighten your teeth after a checkup. I just hated the look and smiling with braces on. But after its all done, it most def is worth it

Braces aren’t bad it’s extractions and braces that’s bad
They can be bad without extractions too, it depends on what they do...

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262