Are facepulling / mewing legit, best methods to do it ?

Matheus

Matheus

Mistral
Having myself supbar undereye support and decent but not ideal cheekbones, I've naturally become interested in mewing / facepulling. This is lifefuel for me because I only need a few mms (undereye support especially) to be much better gl.

I've tried to gather as much information as possible about mewing / facepulling as I can.
Mewing seems to be efficient only in children, if that, but I've read conflicted reports that it can induce very slight changes in adults, which can be serious lifefuel in some cases (me for instance having 2mm too much pfh). Mewing seems to be most efficient in increasing IMW due to the alveolar ridge being much more malleable than the other bones, for instance the maxilla (which is what interests us sadly). Mewing seems only really good at preventing damage from the bones lacking support.

Facepulling appears to hold more potential but has only very recently gained traction and is somewhat controversial too ; some argue that only facepulling + MSE works because you need to split the maxillary suture which MSE does. MSE seems very legit to induce palatal expansion and increase overall width. In my personal case, MSE is impossible because I have a very wide palate (46mm IMW) so I'm wondering if facepulling without MSE (e.g. splitting the suture) can produce substantial results. I would think it does if done over a significant period of time but from what I've seen (xray and such) it only induces forward growth and not facial upswing, irregardless of the pulling angle, with some advocating for a negative angle if one seeks forward growth.
Facepulling with an appliance seems more legit to me than thumb facepulling because it can be done over larger time frames (during sleep for instance), but idk maybe that's not the case.

A third option is hard mewing, with some people here seemingly reporting having ascended thanks to it (cf. Salludon's progress pics) but the results are dubious at best if not outright dishonest so idk what it's worth. To me it seems that facepulling > hard mewing > mewing when it comes to achieving forward growth + facial upswing.

Tagging people who I've seen post high-iq shit about mewing and facepulling, idk if they're still active @retard (1mm undereye support reported from mewing, lifefuel) @betamanlet @Slyfex8

Aside from the science behind it, my personal questions would be is it possible to : reduce pfh (vertical eye height) / get larger cheekbones (few mms) / get better chin (better philtrum to chin ratio) / get better undereye support ? If so, what is the most optimal method ?

Yffa