Are permanent retainers actually bad?

Deleted member 2095

Deleted member 2095

Kraken
I had braces as a kid (13-14 y/o) and since then Ive had permanent retainers on top and bottom teeth.

Just got them renewed for 200 USD because they were broken. I’m 22 y/o now. Did I get scammed? I read that mewing with retainers won’t work but mewing at my age won’t do shit anyways

If you are asking about mewing go to ****************, they have a section for mewing. Very few people believe it here.

BOY. You got braces AND actutane. You got K I K E D

• JFL
Reactions: Stare, TheChosenChad, Deleted member 470 and 1 other person
  • So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheChosenChad, Wannabe6ft2, Deleted member 470 and 2 others
IMO you can always push your maxilla upward and forward with mewing, but expansion of the palate will not be possible. Anyway, having an ultra large palate is useless, it's feminine and it prevents you from having hollow cheeks, the important thing is to have a palate that can fit all your teeth.

Also I don't know if people realize it but mewing is for people who originally had a bad oral posture, who were breathing through their mouths.

If you had a closed mouth posture from childhood, your tongue was well placed on your palate, and you reached your genetic potential of forward growth, so mewing will do nothing.

IMO you can always push your maxilla upward and forward with mewing, but expansion of the palate will not be possible. Anyway, having an ultra large palate is useless, it's feminine and it prevents you from having hollow cheeks, the important thing is to have a palate that can fit all your teeth.

Also I don't know if people realize it but mewing is for people who originally had a bad oral posture, who were breathing through their mouths.

If you had a closed mouth posture from childhood, your tongue was well placed on your palate, and you reached your genetic potential of forward growth, so mewing will do nothing.
he had crooked teeth

Just your average suburban teenager life
doubt. if I were you I would visit the doctor you gave you jewcutane and the ortho who gave you braces and give them a good shanking.

comment above is satire

What makes you think all nose breathers mew lul
Also you got it the other way around, pushing your maxilla up & forwards in adults is a near impossible task however lateral expansion of the maxilla is quite possible

doubt. if I were you I would visit the doctor you gave you jewcutane and the ortho who gave you braces and give them a good shanking.

comment above is satire
What is it gonna change lol. I’ll just get the retainers removed which I got today

he had crooked teeth
Nah I only had one crooked tooth. One single tooth. The doctors told my mom that this tooth would shift the other teeth and make them crooked in the future if I wouldn’t get braces

What makes you think all nose breathers mew lul
Also you got it the other way around, pushing your maxilla up & forwards in adults is a near impossible task however lateral expansion of the maxilla is quite possible

My answer was not considering his age, but maybe you are true.

OMO I started mewing at 16 (Old mouth breather), I am absolutely sure that I have obtained a non-negligible amount of forward growth, according to what I see in the mirror, to the photos I was able to compare, the way people treat me. Despite I was and I'm still on my orthodentic treatment with braces, so I'm pretty sure it's impossible for my palate to have had any lateral expansion, but I don't care honestly, before my treatment with braces I had a palatal expansion that put it at a reasonable size.

Also, and I will be called a coper, as usual, but people should try in their free time, to push their palate up and forward with their fingers for 1 minute every hour (NEVER apply force to your teeth), I have no proof, so believe me or not, but it seems I've had incredible and quick results. It doesn't cost anything to try anyway...

Last edited:
I guarantee that your palate is narrow
Maybe due to braces and permanent retainer
Should I keep my permanent retainer (which I just got renewed today for 200 dollars) in at age 22 or should I just let them take everything out?

Last edited:
Just leave it bro. Mewing isn’t even legit. JFL at sacrificing straight teeth for the off chance mewing does something.

You gonna regret it in 2 years when your teeth gonna be crooked again

Just leave it bro. Mewing isn’t even legit. JFL at sacrificing straight teeth for the off chance mewing does something.
How is it not legit tbh? I mean there is proof of palate widening and all that shiit

You gonna regret it in 2 years when your teeth gonna be crooked again
What if I reduce the retainer length to only cover 4 teeth? Mew himself said in one of his videos that retainer only covering 4 teeth is optimal. Mine covers 6 teeth right now

Why the fuck do people wear retainers? What is there to "retain"? I've had perfectly straight teeth since birth and it makes no sense to me.

Why the fuck do people wear retainers? What is there to "retain"? I've had perfectly straight teeth since birth and it makes no sense to me.
I heavily suspect I would have had straight teeth without braces as well. An orthodontist persuaded my mom to give me braces because of ONE SINGLE crooked tooth. Don’t really how much it fucked up my jaw development. And here I am with retainers today

Are they?

Bump

I NEED TO KNOW. SHOULD I GET MY FIXED RETAINERS OUT?

Should I get them removed or would that be a low IQ move?

I had braces as a kid (13-14 y/o) and since then Ive had permanent retainers on top and bottom teeth.

Just got them renewed for 200 USD because they were broken. I’m 22 y/o now. Did I get scammed? I read that mewing with retainers won’t work but mewing at my age won’t do shit anyways
I have fixed Retainers and they haven't Stop me from paletal expansion to due the blatently obvious fact that palletal expansion is about the Intermolar Width which Fixed retainers don't even prevent from expanding. But most fggts on this forum give mewing a lot of shit Even though it is Legit and I've made a Thread on it https://looksmax.org/threads/gtfih-...boyos-get-that-upswing-xray-proof-also.30769/

I have fixed Retainers and they haven't Stop me from paletal expansion to due the blatently obvious fact that palletal expansion is about the Intermolar Width which Fixed retainers don't even prevent from expanding. But most fggts on this forum give mewing a lot of shit Even though it is Legit and I've made a Thread on it https://looksmax.org/threads/gtfih-...boyos-get-that-upswing-xray-proof-also.30769/
How many teeth does your permanent upper retainer cover ?

How many teeth does your permanent upper retainer cover ?
You can See for yourself
Xavier Gainford Pano

Mine covers 6 as well. Seems like your wisdom teeth have enough room? Except the bottom right (bottom left from your POV)?
They don't for the most part Hopefully Chewing plus if i get the mew vector it can rectify it

Isn't myobraces a better option for this?