Ascending with Invisalign

DrOtaku

DrOtaku

Silver
-6/25/20

Had a Consultation with an experienced orthodontist who is in the top 1% in the nation for Invisalign. Here is the X-ray
IMG E1135

-I circled where TMJ/TMD is noticeable, This is one of the things we are going to try to improve. He believes its possible and this would drastically improve symmetry which is life fuel because I brought up orthognathic and he said that would not be necessary. Here is a picture of the asymmetry.
Me

-You can also see Chin asymmetry, Fixing the bottom row may potentially allow the bottom right to advance. ( I'm also going to be bone smashing the chin so we will see if bone smashing actually works within the next 18 months with real X-rays. Didn't tell the ortho that cause that's just weird)

IMG 1136

-Here's my subhuman bite. This is my first dental procedure, I didn't "need" anything through development, spacing was okay somehow. The deep bite is very deep and a slight over jet.
IMG E1126

Here's my current side profile, (waiting for my palate/jaw/lip/general lower third to be set with invisalign before Rhinoplasty also bumping up to tretinoin 0.1% and starting Finasteride). From my understanding, my chin is actually recessed and correction of the deep bite will bring my chin further forward and improve my gonial angle and "sharpness". Im really excited to see the change in lip positioning. My front teeth are pointed inwards and makes my philtrum longer and Flat looking, this also impacts my lower lip as well. Once my teeth are moved forward I'll have lip placement like this (hopefully)
104932021 265301327909434 1528442845162056207 n

I get my first invisalign trays next month so I'll continue the thread then. Cya

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: ripcordgod1, Deleted member 4946, AscendingHero and 5 others
Great job
invisalign made such a difference on my bite

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII and deer
nice, good luck

are you sure you need rhino though? I don’t see a flaw with your nose

How many mm is your overbite? I have the same bite as you tbh and always thought jaw surgery was the way to fix it. How come you chose Invisalign instead of surgery? And how much will the whole dental procedure cost you? If my overbite can be fixed with Invisalign I'll gladly take it instead of surgery, my jaw also clicks when I open my mouth or chew for too long do you have this too? I'm very curious because I'm in the same boat as you. Gl on your journey.

How is your chin recessed lol??? I don't understand that it is even past your lower lip.
Thats what I thought, but bringing my mandible further forward is needed to fix my Deepbite. Maybe ill become this guy haha.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1338
nice, good luck

are you sure you need rhino though? I don’t see a flaw with your nose
Its too far upturned and the width is not ideal. Fixing my lower third will boost me at least 1 PSL. Rhino will probably only give 0.25-0.5 at most, but every bit counts. I might be able to Fraud a wider IPD with rhino as well.

How many mm is your overbite? I have the same bite as you tbh and always thought jaw surgery was the way to fix it. How come you chose Invisalign instead of surgery? And how much will the whole dental procedure cost you? If my overbite can be fixed with Invisalign I'll gladly take it instead of surgery, my jaw also clicks when I open my mouth or chew for too long do you have this too? I'm very curious because I'm in the same boat as you. Gl on your journey.
Not sure the exact mm, I chose Invisalign rather than surgery because its cheaper. Invis is 6k (its 6k because im going to an ortho thats top 1% for invisalign in the nation) You get what you pay for with cosmetic work. Orthognathic is 40k and not affordable. He also said that I could not get braces because my bite would bite off the lower braces. Yes my jaw does click, this is TMJ/TMD. You can see in my X-Ray what that looks like. Id bet your jaw looks similar in that spot. Thanks for the GL!

• +1
Reactions: Whaddup
Don't use invisalign, they will mess up your face.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Salludon and DrOtaku
over for your gonial angle and ogre chin