Asymmetrical face due too different size in masseter muscles

gaymidget

gaymidget

Platinum
Hey guys,

my face is quite asymmetrical on my lower third. My chin doesn't seem to be asymmetrical, I had/have a cross bite on one side (wearing braces to fix it). My masseter muscle is much bigger on one side, probably because the side had no cross bite and I chewed more there. Should I stop using chewing gum and hope that it atrophies or should I chew on the other side to even It a bit out? I can't post a pic currently, maybe I will post one tomorrow.

you could maybe get botox on the oversized masseter

you could maybe get botox on the oversized masseter
Would that shrink the masseter? How much would it cost? I am currently 18 years old. Cant a muscle just atrophie?

the bones are different its rarely ever muscle imbalance

• +1
Reactions: Guest
Would that shrink the masseter? How much would it cost? I am currently 18 years old. Cant a muscle just atrophie?
It could atrophy if you stopped chewing on one side of your face. Idk really about the botox price tbh but it should cost around 500$ and yes it will shrink it.

the bones are different its rarely ever muscle imbalance
Could be that it grew a bit asymmetrical due to my cross bite but I feel that there is a difference in muscle mass when I flex it. I also noticed that I always chewed on the right side. Its probably a combination of both.

Could be that it grew a bit asymmetrical due to my cross bite but I feel that there is a difference in muscle mass when I flex it. I also noticed that I always chewed on the right side. Its probably a combination of both.

because when u flex ur bite isnt lining up properly and flexing at different intensities most likely

if u move ur jaw over and force ur chin aligned u will feel a lot of the bulk disappear and will feel the same on both sides

I have the same thing its ogre,
I’m just gonna get surgery because Im not gonna spend my time on that cope shit

because when u flex ur bite isnt lining up properly and flexing at different intensities most likely

if u move ur jaw over and force ur chin aligned u will feel a lot of the bulk disappear and will feel the same on both sides
Hmm. I probably gonna start chewing my normal food more on the left side and see what happens. My orthodontist said something like now lets bring your jaw more to the left side. Maybe it will look better after she fixes my cross bite (GIGA COPE)

Hmm. I probably gonna start chewing my normal food more on the left side and see what happens. My orthodontist said something like now lets bring your jaw more to the left side. Maybe it will look better after she fixes my cross bite (GIGA COPE)
If she meant doing a surgery than that's the most efficient way to fix this flaw.

Hey guys,

my face is quite asymmetrical on my lower third. My chin doesn't seem to be asymmetrical, I had/have a cross bite on one side (wearing braces to fix it). My masseter muscle is much bigger on one side, probably because the side had no cross bite and I chewed more there. Should I stop using chewing gum and hope that it atrophies or should I chew on the other side to even It a bit out? I can't post a pic currently, maybe I will post one tomorrow.
Yeah I was coping with muscle imbalances aswell, your jaw bones are assymetric on one side, resulting in different shape masseters, that is why one masseter feels bigger than the other. No matter how much you chew on the "weaker" side, it won't reach that of the other, that is what I experienced anyway.

Asymmetry is mainly caused by TMJ imbalances.

• +1
Reactions: itsbegincell
just chew on the other side for a while and see?

OP,
when you breathe out through the nose: Are both air streams of the 2 holes about the same force ? Or is one not work/ very weak ? You would have an asymmetrical maxilla I believe, corelates with TMJ

Learn how to chew more evenly and it will correct over time