Basic Guide for Caucasian Curly Hair

thanks bhai. Can this help for dandruff too?
If you have dandruff try being thorough with the washing with pads of your fingers, if not there are other ones which will help with dandruff if I recall

• +1
Reactions: Uglyandfat
If you have dandruff try being thorough with the washing with pads of your fingers, if not there are other ones which will help with dandruff if I recall
is head and shoulders shit for my hair type? it gets so frizzy after and looks like ass

is head and shoulders shit for my hair type? it gets so frizzy after and looks like ass
Head and shoulders is infamous for causing dandruff for some people lmao

I just use Pantene Smooth & Sleek shampoo on my 3a/3b curls, its a little dry but soft and good volume, but the main thing that helped was not touching my hair while it dries

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
I just use Pantene Smooth & Sleek shampoo on my 3a/3b curls, its a little dry but soft and good volume, but the main thing that helped was not touching my hair while it dries
That is fair enough I found once I transitioned onto products made just for curly hair my hair went from barely wavey to literal ringlet it was so weird. However that is the main thing either letting it remain completely on it's own when drying or diffusing tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
That is fair enough I found once I transitioned onto products made just for curly hair my hair went from barely wavey to literal ringlet it was so weird. However that is the main thing either letting it remain completely on it's own when drying or diffusing tbh
I tried Shea Moisture recently but there was only a marginal difference for me. The pantene shampoo is silicone-free which helps too

• +1
I tried Shea Moisture recently but there was only a marginal difference for me. The pantene shampoo is silicone-free which helps too
I honestly think it may just be because of how temperamental my hair seems to be some people can just get away with something like you, but I am glad that yours works well in all fairness, true it does ngl otherwise it would build up a shit tonne.

I mean it beats some of the shitty advice of "just don't shower bro"

• +1
I honestly think it may just be because of how temperamental my hair seems to be some people can just get away with something like you, but I am glad that yours works well in all fairness, true it does ngl otherwise it would build up a shit tonne.

I mean it beats some of the shitty advice of "just don't shower bro"
Yeah NoPoo is gross, CGM (or just sulfate/silicone free) is legit

• +1
Yeah NoPoo is gross, CGM (or just sulfate/silicone free) is legit
Looksmaxer finally gets gf:
her: oh i noticed you didn't have any shampoo or conditioner you want me to grab some whilst I am out
them: oh no no I don't wash my hair
her: what the fu-

True those last two really are legit wish I could have found them sooner when I was in school and not mid way through lockdown lmao

• JFL
Thx bro

• +1
Good thread bro, I read it all and found it useful.

Introduction:
This is a guide for hair between 2b and 3b for those of Caucasian decent as Negroid hair follicles grow in a different way from the scalp leading to them having different properties.

View attachment 994268

The main topics I will cover in this are: Time between full washes, clarification, co-washing, refreshing and styling.

Time between full washes:

This is A time period ranging from every 3 days for hair which is barely curly 2b as it has less issues transferring oils down the hair shaft and dirt has an easier time collecting and affecting the hair; to an entire week for hair on the 3b side of the spectrum.

However the main way to determine when it is time to wash is when you feel a build up forming on your scalp which feels greasy, you want to wash just before this happens.

Time between clarification:

This mostly happens once a month and is to remove any styling product which may not have come off during normal washing this uses a harsher shampoo as to what you normally would be using and would cause your hair to dry out if used all the time.

Full wash process and guide to selecting the products:

When washing your hair properly you will want to find a shampoo which is "sulphate" free this is because sulphates are a form of detergent which will dry your hair out and make it frizzy, some easily accessible brands for this are Shea Moisture and Cantu. They are often referred to as "Low-Poo" or "No-Poo", or "Moisturising shampoo" (however sometimes these still contain detergents so check the product list)

When applying this you want to only apply it to the roots and scalp of your hair making sure to rub your scalp with the pads of your fingers in order to get rid of all the dirt

Then you want to use a moisturising conditioner if you have dense or thick hair (literal shaft width) and if you have fine and thin hair you want to use something which contains hydrolysed proteins. However you want to avoid conditioners with silicones in.

This you want to apply to your entire hair shaft and then detangle your hair with a wide toothed comb your a denman brush (assuming you follow all these steps correctly this is when your hair will shed during the day you won't lose hairs in sleep or daytime so expect upwards of 100 here). Leave it in for upwards of 3 minutes and then rinse out using a "scrunching motion" this will cause your hair to clump together.

Co-washing as an alternative:

Some people find that despite using very gentle shampoos their hair is still dry in which case you want to move to co washing which is basically washing your hair with conditioner by using the pads of your fingers to remove dirt as the conditioner will also break down oil. You will still want to follow the conditioner step after to assure clumping.

Refreshing:

This can be done in a couple of ways:

Rinsing with water and detangling then styling

Or

Rinsing with water using conditioner on the ends of strands (80% from end so near the root but not quite) removing that by scrunching and styling.

Styling hair after it has been washed:

This can be done in a few ways based on how you prefer and will be split into post wash and drying phases

Post wash:

First you will want to pat your hair dry of excess water by scrunching with a towel until it is no longer sopping.

Then you will have two choices:

Scrunch a gel or other holding product into your hair as your hair is already clumped from conditioner then pat again with towel to remove excess then move onto drying

Or

Run a gel or other styling product into your hair then use a brush to reclump hair and scrunch it towards your scalp after, then you will want to pat with towel to remove excess then move onto drying

Drying:

Let it air dry in the desired style you want

Or

Diffuse to 100% dry with cold air

Or

Diffuse to 60% dry with cold air

Of these options 1 and 3 will produce the least frizz but will take the longest and will make your hair elongated compared to how they could be.
There's no reason for race to be mentioned in this post. It's literally just a few bullet points from the curly girl method which works for everyone

• Hmm...
do u have a pic of the type of brush u use to detangle? good thread btw

do u have a pic of the type of brush u use to detangle? good thread btw
Sure here you go:
9E7CD80C BFCB 4B68 82A7 804A20B87EAF
D2E8A4F5 99FF 4828 8463 7859BE98B5FE

either one of these on wet hair should be fine

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7044
Could you recommend some good conditioners please? There are many from Shea moisture.. also, do you use a different conditioner to deep condition?