Basic Skincare Guide

i've seen this thread somewhere else before

Has a study been done to show this routine is better than just a daily shower?

Back when I was on accutane my derm actually recommended against this kind of routine as people go from normal skin to dehydrated after they use a cleanser, and then back to normal after moisturising, so it’s best to not do either in the first place.

what temperature is the water at night? do i moisturise at night with a wet face after cleaning? or with a dry face?

what temperature is the water at night? do i moisturise at night with a wet face after cleaning? or with a dry face?
Any water on your face, warm enough to be comfortable (purely so you're likely to actually do it) but no hotter than that.
If you're just using moisturiser, damp face is fine. If you're using a fuck ton of actives, certain ones will need a dry face.

Below is an example of my current Routine, with correct sizing amounts, and directions listed-

AM:
1. Cleanser
- Products: Warm water
- Directions: Splash warm water on your face 3 or 4 times. Next, splash warm water around your neck. (do not pat your face or neck dry. Proceed to the next step, and apply the moisturizer on top of your wet face/neck. This allows the moisturizer to be absorbed better)

2. Moisturizer
- Products:
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Amount: 1 almond size on face, 1 almond size on neck
- Directions: Pump 1 almond size amount in hands, dot around each area of your face evenly
(forehead, nose, left cheek, right cheek, and chin). Now using both ring fingers, applying light pressure, spread the moisturizer around your face evenly.

PM:
1. Cleanser
- Products:
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (or CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser)
- Amount: 1 pump for face, 1 pump for neck
- Time: 60 seconds face, 60 seconds neck
- Directions: 1 pump in hands, massage on face for 60 seconds, rinse. Next, 1 pump in hands, massage around neck for 60 seconds, rinse.

2. Shave

3. Moisturizer
- Product:
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Amount: 1 almond size face, 1 almond size neck
- Directions: Pump 1 almond size amount in hands, evenly dot around each section of your face
(forehead, nose, left cheek, right cheek, and chin). Now take your hands, and applying light pressure, spread the moisturizer around your whole face evenly. Next, pump 1 almond size amount in hands, rub hands together, rub all over your neck.

2x a Week
1. Exfoliate
- Product:
Derma E Essentials Microdermabrasion Scrub
- Days: Wed & Sat
- Amount: 1 dime size face, 1 dime size neck
- Directions: Take out a dime size amount, massage on face for 60 seconds, rinse. Next, take out a dime size amount, massage on neck for 60 seconds, rinse.

As Needed
Blemishes
- Product: Bye-Bye Blemish Drying Lotion
- Days: As needed
- Amount: Read the bottle

- Directions: Read the bottle
Whats the reason you use both the Moisturizing cream and the Moisturizing lotion?

Its really necessary to use both products?

Also should i exfoliate more often if i dont shave everyday?

When are you supposed to apply Retin-a?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401