Beginning to doubt the effects of mewing

W

WelcumToTheRealWorld

Lowest T levels on this site (345 ng/dl)
I've been hard mewing for 2 years now and the results are very minor if noticeable at all. I was naively optimistic when I used to look back at some images but when I actually take objective images in the exact same angle as the ones in my old pic you really can't see a difference.

Before anyone starts ranting in the comments I'd just like to state that I'm not one of those normies that think they're mewing because they have like 2/3 of their tounge on their palate. I'm always trying my hardest to get absolutely as much of my tounge back there as possible, definitely as far back as the rear molars if not sometimes even further back than that. In addition to this I've also been doing the chintuck, mastic gum and tounge chewing. Chewing is really the only thing that has had any visual effect at all.

I was 17 when I started and I'm 19 now. I had my facial bones scanned when I was 17 which showed that they were still not fused and a fusage estimate was set at age 22-23. I do have orthodontics in my mouth because I was literally born without 3 adult teeth (yes I'm an actual ogre), but all of them are at the front of my mouth and do not extend further than 1 insicor on my left side. Mike Mew has stated that orthodontics shouldn't stunt mewing as long as they're not on your back teeth which would restrict palatal expansion.

I definitely believe in mewing's results in children, but I'm unsure of the results for people that are post 13. Now before you talk about how mewing has completely changed your facial structure I want you to find and old image of yourself and take an objective photo of yourself where you reenact your pre-mewing photos 1 to 1. Don't try to fraud anything by tilting your head as the frankfurt plane will immediately expose this, I'm interested to see if anyone here has had any significant changes.

If you're afraid of posting your pics in public you can always DM me as well. @Nibba and a couple others here, as well as on the other pua sites can all confirm that I've never leaked or spread anything.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Ritalincel
I said it before, mewing is bullshit except if you’re super young it MIGHT help, everyone else who says mewing did this and that is coping and the changes they saw were more than likely natural changes/development. You might see a small difference if you do it for 10 years jfl at the end it’s 95% genetics. I would still mew tho just in case so your face doesn’t get even worse

• +1
Reactions: mfk, thecel, Chadelite and 7 others
What shortcomings did orthodontics and you being born with adult teeths do to your facial growth?

If you're afraid of posting your pics in public you can always DM me as well. @Nibba and a couple others here, as well as on the other pua sites can all confirm that I've never leaked or spread anything.
Yeah can confirm bro

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and WelcumToTheRealWorld
I said it before, mewing is bullshit except if you’re super young it MIGHT help, everyone else who says mewing did this and that is coping and the changes they saw were more than likely natural changes/development. You might see a small difference if you do it for 10 years jfl at the end it’s 95% genetics. I would still mew tho just in case so your face doesn’t get even worse
At the end of the day I don't really give a shit about improving my looks, I just like the communities. Osteogenesis is the real future of facial improvement for old fucks like us that didn't make it as kids in the mewing era. Too bad it's like 50 years ahead but at least I can be some 70 y/o oldcel with great bones lol.
What shortcomings did orthodontics and you being born with adult teeths do to your facial growth?
Just as a sort of full disclosure message where I state my full oral oral situation.

i'm mewing since 2 years... i can't tell if there's improvements.. sure my massetere is really hard tho.
The problem is that if mewing works across years, we can't say if any change isn't given by the time and olding.

i'm mewing since 2 years... i can't tell if there's improvements.. sure my massetere is really hard tho.
The problem is that if mewing works across years, we can't say if any change isn't given by the time and olding.

You could look at maxillary projection

did you hard mew every day?

My opinion as of now on Mewing;
Up to 10 years old: mewing is fucking legit, through discipline a child can legit save his downward facial growth from mouth breathing and even develop an optimal facial growth.
11 - 14 y old: Forward growth gains are notable, but won't be drastic.
15 - 18 y old: Minute forward growth gains are possible.
19 - 25 y old: Extremely barely noticeable gains are possible (hard to differentiate from standard growth, therefore questionable).
26 y old and over: Mewing won't impact your face, maybe in the very long term, like 10 years time frame, very minute changes are possible. But we need more empirical evidence to support this claim.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mmdnohi, Chadelite, Lorsss and 4 others
My opinion as of now on Mewing;
Up to 10 years old: mewing is fucking legit, through discipline a child can legit save his downward facial growth from mouth breathing and even develop an optimal facial growth.
11 - 14: Forward growth gains are notably possible, but won't be drastic.
15 - 18 y old: Minute forward growth gains are possible.
19 - 25 y old: Extremely barely noticeable gains are possible.
26 and over: Mewing won't impact your face, maybe in a very long time frame, like 10 years time frame, very minute changes are possible. But we need more empirical evidence to support this claim.

I think its also dependant on your genes tho

I've been hard mewing for 2 years now and the results are very minor if noticeable at all. I was naively optimistic when I used to look back at some images but when I actually take objective images in the exact same angle as the ones in my old pic you really can't see a difference.

Before anyone starts ranting in the comments I'd just like to state that I'm not one of those normies that think they're mewing because they have like 2/3 of their tounge on their palate. I'm always trying my hardest to get absolutely as much of my tounge back there as possible, definitely as far back as the rear molars if not sometimes even further back than that. In addition to this I've also been doing the chintuck, mastic gum and tounge chewing. Chewing is really the only thing that has had any visual effect at all.

I was 17 when I started and I'm 19 now. I had my facial bones scanned when I was 17 which showed that they were still not fused and a fusage estimate was set at age 22-23. I do have orthodontics in my mouth because I was literally born without 3 adult teeth (yes I'm an actual ogre), but all of them are at the front of my mouth and do not extend further than 1 insicor on my left side. Mike Mew has stated that orthodontics shouldn't stunt mewing as long as they're not on your back teeth which would restrict palatal expansion.

I definitely believe in mewing's results in children, but I'm unsure of the results for people that are post 13. Now before you talk about how mewing has completely changed your facial structure I want you to find and old image of yourself and take an objective photo of yourself where you reenact your pre-mewing photos 1 to 1. Don't try to fraud anything by tilting your head as the frankfurt plane will immediately expose this, I'm interested to see if anyone here has had any significant changes.

have you improved your posture?
when you are sit do you keep your back straight?
how do you sleep? curled on a side o laying on your back? do you use pillows?

Do you even realise that it's literraly the only cope mechanism that prevent most incels to rope ( since 95% of them can t afford surgery anyway) because it gives them hope ?

They have been treated like dirt their whole life and hear about a miraculous cure that smh could reverse 20 y of bad habits ofc they ''ll do whatever they can to Cling to it and guess what : There are no magic .

Forgot the thread on breakthematrix but there was a woman in her 40+ that went do ortho with mew every 3-6 days for like 2y +
Was motivated like if her life was on the line .

She had literraly 0 RESULTS (jfl) , which frustrated mew and he started at that moment to insist how progress were slow past early puberty

Astro vids are good but if you look his profile you will notice he's clearly recessed and when you know he's been doing it after 15 , you would imagine it's fixed , so i let you imagine the progress you will get in 2 y after puberty: 0

That's why i think the chewing he made did most of the work

Incels will never understand that when he said slow he meant DECADES but it's understandable peoples need something to cling in bad times or they would break

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: draco, Chadelite, kobecel and 5 others
"recessed "
Do you even realise that it's literraly the only cope mechanism that prevent most incels to rope ( since 95% of them can t afford surgery anyway) because it gives them hope ?

They have been treated like dirt their whole life and hear about a miraculous cure that smh could reverse 20 y of bad habits ofc they ''ll do whatever they can to Cling to it and guess what : There are no magic .

Forgot the thread on breakthematrix but there was a woman in her 40+ that went do ortho with mew every 3-6 days for like 2y +

She had literraly 0 RESULTS (jfl) , which frustrated mew and he started at that moment to insist how progress were slow past early puberty

Astro vids are good but if you look his profile you will notice he's clearly recessed and when you know he's been doing it after 15 , you would imagine it's fixed , so i let you imagine the progress you will get in 2 y after puberty: 0

That's why i think the chewing he made did most of the work

Incels will never understand that when he said slow he meant DECADES but it's understandable peoples need something to cling in bad times or they would break

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_191123_350.jpg
    IMG_20181214_191123_350.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,631
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mmdnohi and Demir
  • +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing, LooksJourney and dogtown
  • +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing
i did it's to show how mewing effects your jaw
in real time you can relax the hyriod and have bad posture and look instantly worsen

• +1
Reactions: mmdnohi and AutismMaxing
in real time you can relax the hyriod and have bad posture and look instantly worsen

How many hours of chewing have you done?

did you hard mew every day?
Yes, although I was only doing like half of the exercises the first year.
mewing is definitely legit in terms of getting that instant more sharp look to your jaw, I'm just doubtful of the effects of actually augmenting the bones in adults.
have you improved your posture?
when you are sit do you keep your back straight?
how do you sleep? curled on a side o laying on your back? do you use pillows?
In terms of posture mewing has been good, but I'd say the most important factor in achieving good posture is always following the frankfurt plane. It has been more beneficial to me than mewing in terms of posture although you can't really do one correct without doing the other.

Last edited:
Thats why I’m getting the FAGGA or some fucking appliance idk, even if it makes my face slightly longer the results still make you look better.

The gains from mewing are close to non-existent, (if any) get surgery.
Although mewing does make the skin under my neck look non-existent and thus my face looks more forward grown.

• +1
Reactions: WelcumToTheRealWorld
Yes, although I was only doing like half of the exercises the first year.

maybe its because you already developed well prior to mewing. i think mewing has a more noticable impact on those who fucked up their development more which caused delayed forward growth.

Mewing doesn't exert enough pressure. You need to face pull or install an AGGA appliance

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Started mewing at the age of 17. Almost 18 now and the effects are real. My jaw got wider and palate expanded.
I should like to say that my maxilla did not grow forward or anything, but the effects have been good overall.

Best age to start is around 14-16.

Mewing doesnt grow BONE, so therefore it doesnt work, or the effects are so minimal it isnt noticeable.

If your mandible is recessed and weak, mewing doesnt magically fix that, its all about your bones.

Interesting, did you not at least experence a difference in your palate width?
I'm saying "experience" and not "observed" because a few milimeters are almost impossible to detect in photos, since it's very hard to recreate the angle, but the tongue is very sensitive and can sense how much has changed.

(my tongue has 100% gotten more room after 6 months (17 years old). In the very first months my gums would be sore and my tongue tissue would rot away because it barely had any room, none of that shit anymore after 6 months.

Does anyone have the link to that? Or more informations about that case? Would be really intereted in finding more about that.
But yeah I don't expect fast changes either.

Daily reminder that this guy:

-the best of the best- personally told me about how fucking long mewing takes, and that he only started to resemble a human after 3 years of the most painstaking, retless, and hardest mewing.

Last edited:
I'm saying "experience" and not "observed" because a few milimeters are almost impossible to detect in photos, since it's very hard to recreate the angle, but the tongue is very sensitive and can sense how much has changed.

(my tongue has 100% gotten more room after 6 months (17 years old). In the very first months my gums would be sore and my tongue tissue would rot away because it barely had any room, none of that shit anymore after 6 months.

Does anyone have the link to that? Or more informations about that case? Would be really intereted in finding more about that.

View attachment 43670

-the best of the best- personally told me about how fucking long mewing takes, and that he only started to resemble a human after 3 years of the most painstaking, retless, and hardest mewing.

It was already solved on lookism jamo did genio ,some lookism users are way more aware of surgeries effects/lens distortion that's why you don't see them calling ascensions everywhere like here .

Oh Astro died

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
I see mewing and not mouthbreathig as facial degeneration prevention technique.

People put far too much trust in mewing to give them their ideal results.

• +1
Reactions: Tasty17, Chadelite, androidcel and 4 others
I do believe that mewing can expand the palate on adults because it is dealing with the soft part of the maxila however I don't believe that it will move the maxila because the bones are too hardly connected to be simply moved by resting the maxila on the palate.
Facepulling with external forces may work if a lot of force is applied.

Anyways, there is no reason not to mew no matter your age because it immediatly improves your under jaw and your breathing, I used to have purple marks under my eyes and when I started mewing while sleeping they disappeared. It also works as a retainer

• +1
Reactions: Tasty17 and AutismMaxing

• +1
Reactions: androidcel
Nobody doubts the effects of surgery.

• +1
Reactions: UltraExtremeIntense
@WelcumToTheRealWorld The million dollar question: Did you measure your Intermolar Width and saw no progress whatsoever there?:whistle:

Been mewing for 2 years too. There were major changes but only in my palate. Upper molars were tilted inwards and now they are slightly tilted outwards so my bite is better now. My IMW increased by 5 mm (not taking the tipping into account).
As for the face, yeah no changes basically. But I still keep on mewing because it lifts the hyoid so the submental looks way better and it's easier to hold overall good posture that way.

Were you a mouth breather before?

Anyways, there is no reason not to mew no matter your age because it immediatly improves your under jaw and your breathing, I used to have purple marks under my eyes and when I started mewing while sleeping they disappeared. It also works as a retainer
Did you noticed any improvement in your sleep quality and energy levels?

• +1
Reactions: AutismMaxing
mewing is a meme. even john&mike accept it doesn't work after puberty. john even say face nearly complete %100 change after the age of 12.

View attachment 43670

brutal chinpill, hed be recessed wihtout that chin, why is justv a few mm on chin so game changing. why dont i have chin aghhhhhhhh

i have seen results with 1 year mewing
even if you are just doing it in public, it raises hyoid skin and gives sharper jawline

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest