Best facial hair for each jaw type

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Going to slit this into 4 jaw types.

Bad jaw:
Grow a beard until you fix your jaw with chewing/fat loss/fillers/surgery.

Average jaw:
Have heavy stubble. You jaw isn’t terrible so don’t hide it completely. Also studies show that heavy stubble is most attractive (if you aren’t chad), so you need to rely on the heavy stubble to make you more attractive, not your jaw itself.

Wide/robust:
Have light stubble. You have good width and bone mass so you don’t want to hide your jaw. However, being clean shaven can make your wide jaw look fat. Light stubble creates lines and definition to make your jaw sharper.

Example:

F8C87800 5B71 49EE 9E93 EFBB190BF7E0

V-Shape/Angular:
For this you want to be clean shaven and show off as much of your jaw as possible. Not much is needed to be said here.

Example:

26CB5730 6C75 4C38 BDD8 F5C08B64ECB3

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Usum, PrisonMike, Deleted member 8064 and 2 others
Credit to @NordicIranian for inspiring me to make this thread and providing some info for it.

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and Deleted member 8064
Problem with the Vshape picture is that it’s black and white so you can see a shadow, is there one with color in it?

I have average bones yet light/medium stubble looks best on me

lol if you arnt fading your facial hair with a trimmer

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
What if I have both shit jaw and no beard

Problem with the Vshape picture is that it’s black and white so you can see a shadow, is there one with color in it?
It’s just an example but yeah I’ve edited it for a colour one.

• +1
Reactions: ObamasLastName
what if you have a shit jaw and you can't grow a beard?

High iq thread

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
my jaw's robust but slightly uneven from chewing on one side more often. Anyone else with this issue could get a chinstrap beard working for minimizing the unevenness without hiding the jaw's definition completely

what age is all hope for growing a beard naturally lost? i can grow hair across top/middle of cheeks, chin, top of lip, but literally zero around jawline

what age is all hope for growing a beard naturally lost? i can grow hair across top/middle of cheeks, chin, top of lip, but literally zero around jawline
Some people even have to wait till mid 20’s, different for everyone.

How old are you?

Last edited:
This thread was perfect tbh

• Love it
Reactions: JamesHowlett
I wish stubble looked good on me. I'd trade my angular jaw for a normal jaw but with the ability to look good with stubble. stubble is sex appeal maxxing

I wish stubble looked good on me. I'd trade my angular jaw for a normal jaw but with the ability to look good with stubble. stubble is sex appeal maxxing
You can still keep your jaw and have stubble if you want lol

Im sure there are a lot of threads here about beard growth. How old are you?

You can still keep your jaw and have stubble if you want lol

Im sure there are a lot of threads here about beard growth. How old are you?
19. my beard doesn't connect, nothing I can do about that but wait. as far as patchiness goes I'm good, it's just that I straight up look too old with facial hair and my jaw definition get ruined. I feel being mixed means I can't follow the same facial hair rules as a white guy

I think I'm just going to settle for either clean shaven or this
August alsina0
Xy1O 4qo 400x400

jfl if you need stubble to give your jaw definition

Yes.
This is why I chose stubble.
Wife is in love with it since 2009.
JFL at the big beards faking a chin/jaw. It's so patent.

jfl if you need stubble to give your jaw definition
If you have wide jaw but not hollow cheeks your jaw can look fat instead. So stubble is good providing facial defenition.