Best teeth whitening option?

LowTierNormie

LowTierNormie

Life is good
What does work better? Activated charcoal o whitening strips? Both options are cheap and work according to Google, but I haven't found which one would work the best.

• +1
Reactions: Time Travel
Crest white strips

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian and LowTierNormie
@Lifeisgood72 had something about coconut oil whitening teeth. If it works it'd be way cheaper than most whitening options

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
@Lifeisgood72 had something about coconut oil whitening teeth. If it works it'd be way cheaper than most whitening options
Yeah, oilpulling. I tried it for a week and it does help a bit. But the results are underwhelming for me. I need something stronger

Yeah, oilpulling. I tried it for a week and it does help a bit. But the results are underwhelming for me. I need something stronger
Yeah I might try oilpulling soon myself

Imagine being poor

• So Sad
the charcoal toothpaste stuff and powder shit always worked well enough for me

• +1
the charcoal toothpaste stuff and powder shit always worked well enough for me

That's a scam. It gives the illusion that it works since you put BLACK all over your teeth and remove it. I remember looking up the owner/founder of one charcoal toothpaste company and it's a random single mom with no bio credentials.

• JFL
Reactions: LM4sixten
just go to the dentist and ask for teeth whitening

Charcoal, oil-pulling, etc is all bullshit. Either you're damaging your enamel or you're wasting your time.

I know there is a lot of bro-science out there, but the only things that have been empirically shown to not only effectively whiten teeth and be safe on enamel are whitening mouthwashes (no home made shit), drugstore whitening strips (Crest is usually the most recommended, just follow the fucking instructions) and 10% Carbamide Peroxide Gel with custom fit trays from a dentist.

And for the love of god if you're using any product with hydrogen/carbamide peroxide, follow the fucking instructions, there is evidence that overuse / ignoring manufacturer recommendations can damage the deeper layers of your teeth.

You can waste your time doing stupid shit like rubbing oil on your teeth if you want, but here are the studies that I've gathered on the subject.

Charcoal is bullshit.

Charcoal is bullshit and possibly damaging to enamel.

Hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide being safe and effective with correct dosages and application.

Whitening toothpastes are a scam (not concluded but most abrasives probably are, just IMO).

Whitening mouthwashes with hydrogen peroxide do work, but 10% carbamide peroxide gel with at home trays is still the best.

Hydrogen/carbamide peroxides and possible damages to dentin.

Looksmax safely and effectively.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, cutecel, TheChosenChad and 5 others
What does work better? Activated charcoal o whitening strips? Both options are cheap and work according to Google, but I haven't found which one would work the best.
coconut oil kept 20 minutes in your mouth

Remove sugar from your diet

This. But make the trays yourself ffs it's not hard.

If that's a risk you want to take, go for it. I know there are homemade trays, along with companies that will send you molding material in order to make your own molds, which you then send back to be made into trays, but dentist offices are obviously more specialized in these types of things and are going to have a greater degree of precision in making your trays in order to reduce the amount of hydrogen/carbamide peroxide that comes into contact with your gums, which can lead to chemical burns even in short amounts of time.

Good dentists (and orthodontists, you can have an orthodontist take the molds and have them send the molds to your dentist, if your orthodontist doesn't offer whitening programs) will take not only an alginate impression, but will also take intraoral scans, as well as x-rays, combine all three, and make incredibly accurate molds, far more precise than homemade or mail molds. This is what they did for me when I received my retainer (which can also be used as whitening trays).

Again, maybe nothing will happen, but when there is a potential for redness, swelling, and mucosal sloughing, it's best to leave things like this to the professionals.

Again, looksmaxxing safely and effectively, no one said cheaply.

Hydrogen/carbamide peroxide and damages to gingiva mucosa

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and LM4sixten
If that's a risk you want to take, go for it. I know there are homemade trays, along with companies that will send you molding material in order to make your own molds, which you then send back to be made into trays, but dentist offices are obviously more specialized in these types of things and are going to have a greater degree of precision in making your trays in order to reduce the amount of hydrogen/carbamide peroxide that comes into contact with your gums, which can lead to chemical burns even in short amounts of time.

Good dentists (and orthodontists, you can have an orthodontist take the molds and have them send the molds to your dentist, if your orthodontist doesn't offer whitening programs) will take not only an alginate impression, but will also take intraoral scans, as well as x-rays, combine all three, and make incredibly accurate molds, far more precise than homemade or mail molds. This is what they did for me when I received my retainer (which can also be used as whitening trays).

Again, maybe nothing will happen, but when there is a potential for redness, swelling, and mucosal sloughing, it's best to leave things like this to the professionals.

Again, looksmaxxing safely and effectively, no one said cheaply.

Hydrogen/carbamide peroxide and damages to gingiva mucosa
JFL if it makes your gums swollen it is very strong peroxide. Use something weaker and be patient. You get fast results with peroxide so it really doesn't matter.

JFL if it makes your gums swollen it is very strong peroxide. Use something weaker and be patient. You get fast results with peroxide so it really doesn't matter.

The study I linked showed that with improper application, 5% hydrogen peroxide is enough to cause redness and swelling.

Crest white strips range anywhere for 5% to 15% depending on the specific version.

My point is, know what you're getting yourself into, and if you care more about your health rather than cheap looksmaxxing, follow the instructions for home kits, or go to a professional.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Stingray
Charcoal, oil-pulling, etc is all bullshit. Either you're damaging your enamel or you're wasting your time.

I know there is a lot of bro-science out there, but the only things that have been empirically shown to not only effectively whiten teeth and be safe on enamel are whitening mouthwashes (no home made shit), drugstore whitening strips (Crest is usually the most recommended, just follow the fucking instructions) and 10% Carbamide Peroxide Gel with custom fit trays from a dentist.

And for the love of god if you're using any product with hydrogen/carbamide peroxide, follow the fucking instructions, there is evidence that overuse / ignoring manufacturer recommendations can damage the deeper layers of your teeth.

You can waste your time doing stupid shit like rubbing oil on your teeth if you want, but here are the studies that I've gathered on the subject.

Charcoal is bullshit.

Charcoal is bullshit and possibly damaging to enamel.

Hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide being safe and effective with correct dosages and application.

Whitening toothpastes are a scam (not concluded but most abrasives probably are, just IMO).

Whitening mouthwashes with hydrogen peroxide do work, but 10% carbamide peroxide gel with at home trays is still the best.

Hydrogen/carbamide peroxides and possible damages to dentin.

Looksmax safely and effectively.
thanks Idk why people do homemade methods for teeth whitening, strips arent even expensive

• +1