Best way to fix dry skin and add color

Rub carrot juice over your skin

1g of vitamin C per day, eat carrots, take ZMA, drink 1L of water and moisturize.

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash
1g of vitamin C per day, eat carrots, take ZMA, drink 1L of water and moisturize.
I’m such a newb when it comes to anything skincare related. When people generally talk about Vitamin C for glow/skin benefits are they talking about the serum or oral form?

I’m such a newb when it comes to anything skincare related. When people generally talk about Vitamin C for glow/skin benefits are they talking about the serum or oral form?
The skin is composed of two layers: the epidermal outer layer is highly cellular and provides the barrier function, and the inner dermal layer which ensures strength and elasticity, and gives nutritional support to the epidermis.

The epidermis is a challenged environment for nutrient delivery, as it lacks the blood vessels that normally deliver nutrients to cells.

Most of the vitamin C in the skin appears to be in intracellular compartments. It is transported into cells from the blood vessels present in the dermal layer.

Long-story short, in order maximise the efficacy of vitamin C, it should be absorbed dietetically, rather than topically.

And by dietetically, I mean with the consumption of whole-foods, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than in supplement form.

credit to @_Eriicc for this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7747
Britishlooksmaxxer's Bull

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7820
The skin is composed of two layers: the epidermal outer layer is highly cellular and provides the barrier function, and the inner dermal layer which ensures strength and elasticity, and gives nutritional support to the epidermis.

The epidermis is a challenged environment for nutrient delivery, as it lacks the blood vessels that normally deliver nutrients to cells.

Most of the vitamin C in the skin appears to be in intracellular compartments. It is transported into cells from the blood vessels present in the dermal layer.

Long-story short, in order maximise the efficacy of vitamin C, it should be absorbed dietetically, rather than topically.

And by dietetically, I mean with the consumption of whole-foods, such as fruits and vegetables, rather than in supplement form.

credit to @_Eriicc for this
Interesting. What foods do you eat to get enough Vitamin C through your diet though? An orange only has 80mg so it wouldn’t be realistic to eat over 12 oranges in a day to reach that 1g.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7820
Interesting. What foods do you eat to get enough Vitamin C through your diet though? An orange only has 80mg so it wouldn’t be realistic to eat over 12 oranges in a day to reach that 1g.
I personally can't reach 1g of vitamin C per day, so i take a 100% pure vit C powder.

I’m not sure what you been by add color, like a healthy color or? Well eat a shit load of carrots to get a beta carotene glow. As for vitamin c I take it orally and topically. Orally is good but it’s a slower process, topically will deliver faster results so id recommend both. For dry skin I feel it’s a pretty easy answer, use a moisturizer. Now let’s be clear, vitamin c is good for evening the skin color, carrots are good for giving you more color. So an answer to simply address this vague question in the most precise way possible, carrots and moisturizer.