Best way to tell if your maxilla is fucked

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
Your smile. A little too much gum showing? too tall maxilla. A little too few teeth showing? too short.

Quite a few people fall into the too short one.
This first one I would put as what an ideal symmetrical smile is. This guy has no problems with his maxilla.
Unnamed

What is a too tall maxilla?

A maxilla that is too tall, you can tell by the excessive gum show when the person smiles, let's take a perfect example, male model Lucky Blue:
Hqdefault
47542b7fef00d02dc3280bf69d341883

It's quite obvious that his maxilla is very tall, due to the huge amount of gum that is shown during his smiles, the only fix for this is to do a le fort 1, which would shorten his maxilla and make it normal, which would also end up reducing his midface length.

This next one, which is a short maxilla, is something that I would say is much more common across the board. A short maxilla you can spot by noticing the lack of teeth that show whenever the person smiles. In an ideal smile, it's supposed to be symmetrical from one side to the other, exact same amount of gum as well as teeth show on both sides. Another thing with people who have short maxillas is, when they talk, or have their mouth open in a rested position, you will see from 0 teeth, to 2 teeth showing at max.

Some examples:

This is obviously a much less extreme version of the case, but Zayn Malik.
Tumblr mrxtttURbJ1rzub06o1 400
D51d3709f2d55658223027eff6633b61

First of all you see that his midline of the lip droops down, along with the fact that his smile is uneven on both sides, causing him to show more gum on one side as opposed to the other. His case is obviously not so brutal, buth a shorter maxilla regardless.

Here is a much more extreme cases:
5440d4b7aae5c65a45d54db51a2a5c5b
D4179c7bbde237132e036b82c8abc246
Maxresdefault

Fix for this? Le fort 1 to increase height of maxilla to normal position. Downside? Increased height in midface. It is also not impossible to have a short maxilla and still a longer than normal midface, making it so that if you decide to go through with this surgery, it can completely fuck you midface in the sense that it gets longer when it was already quite long to begin with.

So in the future, if you wanna know if the person has a good or bad maxilla, just pay attention to the smile of the person, too much gum, bad. Too little teeth showing, no amount of gum showing at all? bad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476 and MentalistKebab
Whenever I brush my teeth, my gum bleeds because it's in the way of the toothbrush. I also have a long midface. So does that mean that this excessive gum shows means my maxilla indeed suffers from vertical excess?

Yeah I have a short maxilla which makes my face look short planning to get bimax and other procedures pretty soon

Last edited:
Yeah I have a short maxilla which makes my face look short planning to get bimax and other procedures pretty soon
Post a photo of your smile to contribue to thread

Very few people look at gums IRL unless its very prominent.

I have EXACT same zayn malik smile. My moms last name was malik, related?!?!? :feelsthink:

:D

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
my maxilla is somewhat short then