Better Sleep

axe624

axe624

Iron
Seeking tips/ideas to help fall asleep faster and get better, deeper sleep.

Hate some nights how I feel restless and it takes so long to fall asleep.

P.S I always sleep on my side, not sure if that is good or bad

(Posted in looksmaxxing section because better sleep = looking better)

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos, NormieKilla and badromance
melatonin works sometimes for me, supplement with magnesium b6 before bed, make sure ur nostrils and nasal passages are free and that you had enough calories the given day so your insulin levels remain stable overnight

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome and axe624
melatonin works sometimes for me, supplement with magnesium b6 before bed, make sure ur nostrils and nasal passages are free and that you had enough calories the given day so your insulin levels remain stable overnight
Oh ok makes sense. Hopefully when I get on the heightmaxxing stack Mk677 will have some benefit regarding sleep as proposed it does

Don't use electronics for 2 hours before bed. Read a book or something.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997, HighIQcel, Ropemaxing and 3 others
i've had good results with taking l-tryptophane before sleep, it's just a protein that converts to serotonin and melatonin in the body, so it's a pretty natural approach.

You can also try ZMA before sleeping - it won't exactly make you sleepy, but it relaxes your muscles during sleep, so you'll sleep deeper and feel more rested. I can't find any good evidence for this other than a lot of anecdotes, so take it with a grain of salt. But in my own experience it helps.

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Looksmaxer-van-NL, Ropemaxing and 6 others
sleeping on your side gives you wrinkles.

I have a night pillow which minimizes the wrinkles from sleeping.

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Aging-Oxygenated-Moisturizing-Pillowcase-Standard/dp/B01BJ78W84
and fucks up your spine too, it's best to sleep on your back with knees bent slightly and something put under them (but it's pretty hard to get used to that)

Seeking tips/ideas to help fall asleep faster and get better, deeper sleep.

Hate some nights how I feel restless and it takes so long to fall asleep.

P.S I always sleep on my side, not sure if that is good or bad

(Posted in looksmaxxing section because better sleep = looking better)
guys here are giving good advice, I would add a simple and obvious: be as physically active throughout the day as you can - you fall asleep easier when your body is tired :)
and physical activity has other benefits needless to say

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Ropemaxing, axe624 and 1 other person
Glycine 5-10g before bed. Very good for general health as well.

• +1
Reactions: AyWiz
only chad can get a good nights sleep because his life is so good

sry bro

• +1
Reactions: Absi, Arkantos, Extra Chromosome and 1 other person
if you want to go completely all in, you can also rid your bedroom of all electronics and keep computer and phone in other rooms at night. Then buy some light bulbs that are able to mimic the changes in natural light outside, (like the philips hue or other popular systems),

program it so light slowly gets more red and dim as you get closer to your bed time. and program it so you wake up naturally also.

Have a sleep schedule, go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time every day, weekends included, don't nap or lay down during the day. If you have a bad night, too bad, you will still wait until your usual time with sleeping again.

• +1
Reactions: axe624
also, in case you're not going to commit fully to this whole "no electronics" thing, then i'd recommend at least making sure your computer and phone screen goes to night mode and filters out the blue light a few hours before sleeping. Most phones and newer OS' will have this option. Blue/white light tricks your brain into thinking it's still daylight, and your brain won't go into nightmode, so it's a very helpful easy fix

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Melatonin + Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom sleep tabs) is the only thing that works for me as a chronic insomniac and gives me no side effect.

Clonidine knocks me the fuck out but it dries out my skin a bit the next day and makes me thirsty as fuck all day

• +1
Reactions: axe624
Which is the best way to sleep?

On back or sides(left or right) ?

Don't forget Salt Lamps for Negative ions.