Bimax & facial height

Solstice
Assuming your jaw has no malocclusions, does getting a Bimax increase facial height? If so, in what areas?

Probably a little bit. Unless your gonila angle is perfect 90 degrees, you'll gain some height in the lower third.

• +1
Reactions: 000
Probably a little bit. Unless your gonila angle is perfect 90 degrees, you'll gain some height in the lower third.
90 degree gonial angle is a meme honestly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849, Deleted member 1751, Deleted member 9344 and 8 others
Assuming your jaw has no malocclusions, does getting a Bimax increase facial height? If so, in what areas?
The classic Bimax is a lefort 1 and a lower jaw advancement so it doesn’t increase facial height.
There is the possibility to ask for a rotation in which case it might vary the mid face height a bit.

generally for optimal results with a bimax you should consider a Rhinoplasty because the advancement done on the nasal base makes your nostrils larger and a Genioplasty is sided as well which .. might technically change the height of your face overall but it’s the chin..

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
The classic Bimax is a lefort 1 and a lower jaw advancement so it doesn’t increase facial height.
There is the possibility to ask for a rotation in which case it might vary the mid face height a bit.

generally for optimal results with a bimax you should consider a Rhinoplasty because the advancement done on the nasal base makes your nostrils larger and a Genioplasty is sided as well which .. might technically change the height of your face overall but it’s the chin..
But doesn’t it grow or lengthen the mandible arms? Wouldn’t this make it longer?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1751 and SubhumanCurrycel
But doesn’t it grow or lengthen the mandible arms? Wouldn’t this make it longer?
Lenght? Ofc forward projection is achieved through lengthening forward the lower jaw but it doesn’t effect the height if done standarly

Attachments

• 7A4BC8D6-DFD2-4D86-BF6E-AE3415348F25.jpeg
    7A4BC8D6-DFD2-4D86-BF6E-AE3415348F25.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 20
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Lenght? Ofc forward projection is achieved through lengthening forward the lower jaw but it doesn’t effect the height if done standarly
BF9B586C 9AFB 4981 AFBC 1EED2B460A82

isn’t this what it would do to the mandible though?

Ah I see how you would say that it would not increase height on the face. But what if you somewhat replicate Bimax by facepulling at a forwards angle for years? Theoretically, would this increase facial height?

I guess that the advancement is soo small that without a rotation you won’t even notice a lengthening

I guess that the advancement is soo small that without a rotation you won’t even notice a lengthening
What if you facepulled and advanced by 2 cm (I know it is probably impossible but I am talking theoretically here). When you achieve this, you would notice a taller facial height right? Because with Bimax, you are making an incision and moving things forward — not lengthening the face. With facepulling, things are natural, your mandible arms lengthen like the picture (I think) of the drawing I sent above.

No it does not unless your chin was severely recessed

90 degree gonial angle is a meme honestly.
Gonial angle doesn’t mean anything. It’s all about how parallel your mandible is with the floor. If you have a forward sloping ramus like Nessman, or DiCaprio, you will have a higher gonial angle, but that doesn’t mean you are more recessed

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03 and SPFromNY914
Gonial angle doesn’t mean anything. It’s all about how parallel your mandible is with the floor. If you have a forward sloping ramus like Nessman, or DiCaprio, you will have a higher gonial angle, but that doesn’t mean you are more recessed
I agree you can still look good, with a higher gonial angle if you have good forward growth of both jaws and harmony. Especially if you're rocking a beard, higher gonial angle is actually more asthetic as long as it's forward grown obviously

Why do you say slightly vs Bimax nothing?
Cause in bimax they can also push Maxilla up slightly(lower) where facemask everything goes just forward

• +1
Bimax looks like a nightmare.

Cause in bimax they can also push Maxilla up slightly(lower) where facemask everything goes just forward
Ty. In which areas does it increase facial height?

Yes, up to some extent, bone grafting can be done in the maxilla osteotomy site and art the genio osteotomy site.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: 000 and Back Alley Boy
Yes, up to some extent, bone grafting can be done in the maxilla osteotomy site and art the genio osteotomy site.
@retard said only in the chin area. Well to be honest he said that about facepulling, which is basically non-surgical bimax but a little different.

Caville has 110°. Many chads have around 100-120 i guess
A high gonial angle isn’t bad, a long midface isn’t bad, big forehead isn’t bad, narrow face isn’t bad, truth is that it all depends on the persons harmony.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Deleted member 1751
  • +1
Reactions: 000 and SPFromNY914
A high gonial angle isn’t bad, a long midface isn’t bad, big forehead isn’t bad, narrow face isn’t bad, truth is that it all depends on the persons harmony.
Agreed except Long midface lol cause that shit legit throws off harmony on 90% of phenotypes and people

Long midfaces can look good, he would look worse with a shorter one.
True but in order for a long midface to look good, you still need good eye area and good lip to mouth harmony

• +1