Bone Grafting To Mandible / Zygomatic

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
I've never seen it discussed here. Bone can be grafted from hip or ribcage and graft to the mandible. I don't think it will be harder than jaw widening surgeries.
What do you think ? @RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 12303
Interpositional bone grafting from left mandible to the right side.

UF3

I think you might be on to something OP, nice idea for discussion.

SIKE RETARD, TALES FROM A SLEEP DEPRIVED MIND ITS TIME FOR BED, GET A LOOK AT THE SHIT YOU SPILLLED THE NEXT MORNING IN DISGUST
150EF700 5445 4034 BAE2 198832952617

I've never seen it discussed here. Bone can be grafted from hip or ribcage and graft to the mandible. I don't think it will be harder than jaw widening surgeries.

If you mean to replace implants for aesthetic augmentation -

Onlay bone grafts tend to resorb to an unpredictable degree. This was the research area of a young Dr Yarmechuk and colleagues so we have a lot of information about that.

One study found rib grafts to the infraorbital area almost completely resorbed over a few years.

Bone grafts work well to fill defects and natural concavities, but not placed at convexities like the chin or cheekbones.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, Eduardo DOV, Sergio-OMS and 4 others

Onlay bone grafts tend to resorb to an unpredictable degree. This was the research area of a young Dr Yarmechuk and colleagues so we have a lot of information about that.

One study found rib grafts to the infraorbital area almost completely resorbed over a few years.

Bone grafts work well to fill defects and natural concavities, but not placed at convexities like the chin or cheekbones.
would appreciate reply to pm, i've sent the ceph and other pics a while back

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax

wow i didn't expect that :(

• So Sad
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I wonder if I can replace my mandibular impacted wisdom teeth with bone graphts or whatever the thing's called. Isn't it right to assume that placing fake bone in place of the teeth will prevent jaw deterioration?

I wonder if I can replace my mandibular impacted wisdom teeth with bone graphts or whatever the thing's called. Isn't it right to assume that placing fake bone in place of the teeth will prevent jaw deterioration?
yeah i guess that's easy to handle, there are lots of cases.

• Woah
Reactions: beyourself
I need this ,

yeah i guess that's easy to handle, there are lots of cases.
I hope that's true. Over the last year the wisdom teeth (mandibular) started displacing the rest which I don't mind per se because if that's what it takes I'm fine with it. However, a while ago I started getting occasional sensitivity in my outside molars, the right side specifically, which I know is not a good thing: cavity and shit.

Damn, I hope I'll find a doc who'll do that for me. They're painfully illiterate and resistant to innovations over here.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish

But isn't filling the mentolabial part of the chin with a bone graft a concavity?

• Hmm...
Reactions: randomvanish
But isn't filling the mentolabial part of the chin with a bone graft a concavity?

Yes but that is not on the chin. I have written about mentolabial bone grafts on the psl before. It can be done

do you approve of dr pagnoni not using bone grafts, doc?