booksmaxxing, what books do you guys recommend?

xdxdxnice1

xdxdxnice1

long hair or death
I’ve read:

48 Laws of Power - absolute shit book

Models by Mark Manson - good shit he says some straight facts, a good guide on how to act around women

How to Win Friends and Influence People - best book for social retards, really helps with daily interactions and making friends

I’ve got but not read yet:

Six Pillars of Self-Esteem

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: jake_okok, Tall, Deleted member 6128 and 1 other person
The Odyssey is a good book

• +1
Reactions: jake_okok and xdxdxnice1
The Odyssey is a good book
facts, the difference in quality between the translations though are very apparent. gotta make sure u get the right one

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
facts, the difference in quality between the translations though are very apparent. gotta make sure u get the right one
I read the book when i was like 12, i didn't even have a clue about different translations back then tbh lool

• +1
Reactions: xdxdxnice1
The subtle art of not giving a fuck
the power of habit
Elon musk biography
thinking fast and slow (read this only if your high IQ)

• +1
Reactions: AlphaDude and xdxdxnice1
My Twisted World by Elliot Rodger

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: zelkxd, toolateforme, Tyronecell and 4 others
You are low iq af if you thought 48 laws of power was shit

• +1
Reactions: KDA Player and Deleted member 6128
No book will help. U need discipline and routine

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Kingcel32, BrazilianLooksmaxxer and 3 others
You are low iq af if you thought 48 laws of power was shit
historical examples are not accurate history. no scientific backing behind most of his points. most of the advice is contradictory. he repeats a lot of points. his world view his hilarious and rarely accurate.

a few chapters are good but it is not a good book at all. i give it 3/10

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BBCFactory, Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 3583
American Psycho of course. You can learn a lot from Patrick Bateman on how to be a high class gentleman with good taste.

• +1
Reactions: iamgoingtomakeit
Looksmax archive

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
If you are genuinely interested in building a stronger mind and getting some actual culture...
Read at least 5 classics from your own country's literature.
Read something from greek and roman literature too. Doesn't matter what works, but I strongly recommend the Odyssey and the Iliad, Plato, Seneca and Catullus (poems).
Once you're done with those, you can basically just choose whatever sounds interesting to you.

I'm guessing what you're looking for is just superficial charm, though. If what you want is just books that teach you to manipulate people, ditch all the bullshit "HOW 2 MANIPULATE EVERY1" trash you find in bookshops and stick to introductory psychology books ("the social animal" is pretty good) and get actual experience talking to people and reading their behaviour, scrutinizing what they say and why they say it. Being paranoid about everyone and actually getting out there is the easiest path to success, and that's an easy lesson that doesn't need an entire book to be explained.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MegaChad, jake_okok, Kingcel32 and 1 other person
Diary of a wimpy kid

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: zelkxd, jake_okok, JustAFewMM and 5 others
If you are genuinely interested in building a stronger mind and getting some actual culture...
Read something from greek and roman literature too. Doesn't matter what works, but I strongly recommend the Odyssey and the Iliad, Plato, Seneca and Catullus (poem).
Once you're done with those, you can basically just choose whatever sounds interesting to you.

I'm guessing what you're looking for is just superficial charm, though. If what you want is just books that teach you to manipulate people, ditch all the bullshit "HOW 2 MANIPULATE EVERY1" trash you find in bookshops and stick to introductory psychology books ("the social animal" is pretty good) and get actual experience talking to people and reading their behaviour, scrutinizing what they say and why they say it. Being paranoid about everyone and actually getting out there is the easiest path to success, and that's an easy lesson that doesn't need an entire book to be explained.
i have read a lot of classics, philosophy, politics, history, etc. i was just posting about self help books which i thought others on this forum might have more to talk about

not looking for superficial charm, i’m looking for real ways to improve my mindset. it’s for my own mental health and improving the quality of my relationships.

The fault in our stars made me cry mad tears 😭😿😿

• Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 7313 and Deleted member 5052
bookcel, typical self help dopamine addict

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: jake_okok, BBCFactory and Seppukucel
Read nietzsche, schopenhauer, kierkegaard and dostoevsky

• +1
Reactions: Seppukucel
I’ve read:

48 Laws of Power - absolute shit book

Models by Mark Manson - good shit he says some straight facts, a good guide on how to act around women

How to Win Friends and Influence People - best book for social retards, really helps with daily interactions and making friends

I’ve got but not read yet:

Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
six pillars is pretty damn good book i'd strongly suggest everyone to read it

• +1
Reactions: xdxdxnice1
six pillars is pretty damn good book i'd strongly suggest everyone to read it
i’ve seen a lot of people online say it is great. i’m gonna 100% read it next

Read something from greek and roman literature too. Doesn't matter what works, but I strongly recommend the Odyssey and the Iliad, Plato, Seneca and Catullus (poems).

What is the benefit of reading something like the odyssey?

chad doesnt know the ABC and still rules the world

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: extremchange628181 and Deleted member 6873
Ik doe C&M ouwe ik ben hier te laag IQ voor

I love reading, here are some books I actually found useful and interesting over the last year

- the dictators handbook (politics redpill)

- prisoners of geography (another politics red pill)

- influence the psychology of persuasion (social animal and thinking fast and slow are also good mentioned itt)

- the personal MBA (good for basic understanding of how businesses operate)

- overcoming gravity (my strength training bible)

- the mind illuminated (taught me meditation)

- make it stick the science of successful learning (there was a thread about it the other week)

Self improvement and motivation - atomic habits was legit helpful and anything by brian Tracey is great

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, jake_okok and KDA Player
chad doesnt know the ABC and still rules the world
im not chad therefore i need to do extra things to get girls. Being in denial about this or being too lazy to accept it and continue to cope is retarted

• +1
Reactions: Arvenas and jake_okok
Whatever by michel houellebecq

The art of war by Sun Tzu:lul:

Anything from Charles Bukowski. The guy used to be an incel, lost his virginity at 27 to an obese landwhale. Ascended by becoming a famous writer, and fucked many women later. The guy was blackpilled, nihilistic, alcoholic and had no faith in humanity.

Some quotes from him

• +1
Reactions: Jimmywrld999
Nigga said booksmaxxing🤣