Botox for LOWER EYEBROWS!?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I'm considering having a reverse brow lift with botox to lower my eyebrows (injection in frontalis muscle).

Has anyone of you done this and if so, what were the results, how long did effects last and how much did you pay for it? Before/after pictures would be nice!

Also, is it possible to target a specific area of the brows to go down instead of the whole thing? I'm asking this because I primarily want my outer third where the arch is to go down as my brows are too positively tilted for my taste. I'd like them more straight and balanced-looking.

Thanks in advance!

It is possible and I am considering doing it, but my consult with an occuloplastic surgeon isn't until another month, so I can't provide much input other than that botox can both lower and raise eyebrows from what I currently understand.

There are also upper eyelid and temple fillers, which could possibly used to address your goals that may be worth investigating.

It is possible and I am considering doing it, but my consult with an occuloplastic surgeon isn't until another month, so I can't provide much input other than that botox can both lower and raise eyebrows from what I currently understand.

There are also upper eyelid and temple fillers, which could possibly used to address your goals that may be worth investigating.
Gonna call a clinic which does Botox tomorrow and ask if they can do what I wish for.

As for your other suggestions like eyelid fillers, I will actually have upper eyelid blepharoplasty done in about a year to remove any excess tissue there. I know how popular 'hooded eyes' are on this forum but that look only looks good on certain types of faces in my opinion - those with low, thick and straight eyebrows. I naturally had very hooded eyes in an ugly way and my eye area is depuffing and hollowing out getting older, fortunately. I prefer hollow eyes with full upper lid exposure because it really emphasizes my long dark eyelashes which create a great contrast to my bluegreen eyes. It also makes one look more mature and expressive. My biggest flaw are my asymmetrical eyebrows, they are relatively thin and have a distorted shape thanks to my weirdly-shaped brow ridges. So I want them to look more balanced and overall lower, straighter and thicker. Currently using Minoxidil on them but that takes a long time.

Gonna call a clinic which does Botox tomorrow and ask if they can do what I wish for.

As for your other suggestions like eyelid fillers, I will actually have upper eyelid blepharoplasty done in about a year to remove any excess tissue there. I know how popular 'hooded eyes' are on this forum but that look only looks good on certain types of faces in my opinion - those with low, thick and straight eyebrows. I naturally had very hooded eyes in an ugly way and my eye area is depuffing and hollowing out getting older, fortunately. I prefer hollow eyes with full upper lid exposure because it really emphasizes my long dark eyelashes which create a great contrast to my bluegreen eyes. It also makes one look more mature and expressive. My biggest flaw are my asymmetrical eyebrows, they are relatively thin and have a distorted shape thanks to my weirdly-shaped brow ridges. So I want them to look more balanced and overall lower, straighter and thicker. Currently using Minoxidil on them but that takes a long time.

I'd go to an actual oculoplastic surgeon over a clinic, clinics can hire dumb cosmetologists who know nothing about aesthetics to inject.

I'd go to an actual oculoplastic surgeon over a clinic, clinics can hire dumb cosmetologists who know nothing about aesthetics to inject.
You have a point but this isn't true for the specific clinic I am talking about. A very experienced plastic surgeon with more than 20 years experience with botox injections and wrinkle therapy is working there and he apparently has a good reputation. Another advantage is that it is possible to go there even without an appointment and I could actually be dealt with the very same day.

After researching for a while now, I decided against using Botox. Although most practicioners try to convince you it's safe, it isn't. Just read many threads about people having neurological, muscular and even digestive and visual problems after botox. There's 16 reported deaths linked to botox (the real number probably being much higher than that) and the toxin does actually make its way into the central nervous system. Just like anabolic steroids which are injected into a muscle make their way into the bloodstream to have their desired effects.

I hope people who are reading this seriously think about this before considering botox injections.

I really dislike the shape of my eyebrows but the very possible botox' side effects are not worth it for me. Gonna have to grow them as much as possible to eventually be able to reshape them like Lorsss did in his eyebrow transformation thread.

After researching for a while now, I decided against using Botox. Although most practicioners try to convince you it's safe, it isn't. Just read many threads about people having neurological, muscular and even digestive and visual problems after botox. There's 16 reported deaths linked to botox (the real number probably being much higher than that) and the toxin does actually make its way into the central nervous system. Just like anabolic steroids which are injected into a muscle make their way into the bloodstream to have their desired effects.

I hope people who are reading this seriously think about this before considering botox injections.

I really dislike the shape of my eyebrows but the very possible botox' side effects are not worth it for me. Gonna have to grow them as much as possible to eventually be able to reshape them like Lorsss did in his eyebrow transformation thread.
I think you are reading into too much paranoia. Out of those 16 deaths, who was the injector and was it in a licensed clinic in a western country? Every non surgical procedure, including fillers, lasers and peels, all have potential serious risks and complications, though with proper patient selection and technique, are probably almost non existent and occur with an incidence rate of 1 in a few tens of thousands.

It is a much greater risk to your health to drive or even go out on public in murica where some idiot could shoot you for no reason than to get botox.

I think you are reading into too much paranoia. Out of those 16 deaths, who was the injector and was it in a licensed clinic in a western country? Every non surgical procedure, including fillers, lasers and peels, all have potential serious risks and complications, though with proper patient selection and technique, are probably almost non existent and occur with an incidence rate of 1 in a few tens of thousands.

It is a much greater risk to your health to drive or even go out on public in murica where some idiot could shoot you for no reason than to get botox.
Yeah but with botox it's not so much about the practitioner than it is about the substance itself. It is a very strong poison which even when used locally will partially be absorbed systemically. Even if most people don't have side effects, many many do. Can't be bothered with that. I need to function well. I'd say botox is potentially more harmful than fillers or implants because it is a potent neurotoxin and fillers/implants usually aren't.

Yeah but with botox it's not so much about the practitioner than it is about the substance itself. It is a very strong poison which even when used locally will partially be absorbed systemically. Even if most people don't have side effects, many many do. Can't be bothered with that. I need to function well. I'd say botox is potentially more harmful than fillers or implants because it is a potent neurotoxin and fillers/implants usually aren't.
Well, your own peace of mind is important, so if you can't even handle botox I doubt you would even want to consider any other types of procedures. You will be pretty limited in that regard, but good luck.

I'm considering having a reverse brow lift with botox to lower my eyebrows (injection in frontalis muscle).

Has anyone of you done this and if so, what were the results, how long did effects last and how much did you pay for it? Before/after pictures would be nice!

Also, is it possible to target a specific area of the brows to go down instead of the whole thing? I'm asking this because I primarily want my outer third where the arch is to go down as my brows are too positively tilted for my taste. I'd like them more straight and balanced-looking.

Thanks in advance!
botox is shit, if you want to get low set eyebrows you can follow one of theese methods

minoxidil + makeup it's enough for most men with high set eyebrows
lipofilling + minoxidil + makeup 2000 euros: the best option

for richcels:
lipofilling + eyebrow transplant 4000 euros
supraorbital implant (Lithuania) + eyebrow transplant 7000 euros

botox is shit, if you want to get low set eyebrows you can follow one of theese methods

for richcels:
I am using minoxidil already on and around my brows - especially under them where the arch is to make them look lower. Existing hairs are growing like crazy but growing enough new ones below my brows is taking a long time. I want them to be thick enough to be able to shape and shave them similar to how you explained in your eyebrow transformation thread - btw, I really admire your result! I'm not quite there yet, unfortunately.

In the mean time I always brush my eyebrows with a toothbrush before going outside to make them appear lower and straighter and also use some beard wax to keep them from going crazy when the wind blows. Fake it till you make it, right!?

Oh, and what is this 'lipofilling' you are talking about? Do you have a link or something?

@dotacel brah

for richcels:
None of those affect the positioning of the brows, even though I am also unsure what lipofilling is.

I am using minoxidil already on and around my brows - especially under them where the arch is to make them look lower. Existing hairs are growing like crazy but growing enough new ones below my brows is taking a long time. I want them to be thick enough to be able to shape and shave them similar to how you explained in your eyebrow transformation thread - btw, I really admire your result! I'm not quite there yet, unfortunately.

In the mean time I always brush my eyebrows with a toothbrush before going outside to make them appear lower and straighter and also use some beard wax to keep them from going crazy when the wind blows. Fake it till you make it, right!?

Oh, and what is this 'lipofilling' you are talking about? Do you have a link or something?
lipofilling is a fat autotransplant which can be used to get hooded eyes or projected chin

lipofilling is a fat autotransplant which can be used to get hooded eyes or projected chin
Hooded eyes (which I naturally have/had) are not my goal. They only look good with low, straight eyebrows imo.