Calisthenic instead of gymcelling - worth it?

K

Kotei

Iron
Question in title. As 18 year old im too broke to afford gym membership, and i dont have any options to gain free access to gym equipment. Im currently saving for dumbells and barbell with spinlocks, but it will take a while (really a while). So, is faggit recommended routine worth using? I know, that i wont gain much muscle, but currently its the only option

Question in title. As 18 year old im too broke to afford gym membership, and i dont have any options to gain free access to gym equipment. Im currently saving for dumbells and barbell with spinlocks, but it will take a while (really a while). So, is faggit recommended routine worth using? I know, that i wont gain much muscle, but currently its the only option

As a new lifter, you'll make progress pretty much no matter what you do. Don't walk into this under the assumption that you're not going to see progress, which is not true BTW. This is a test, a test to see if you can commit to working out even when you don't feel like it. Most people don't make it past the first three months, fight to be the exception.

• +1
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3, Kotei and Peruvian
If youre too broke to afford a gym membership you're probably too broke to eat enough protein for it to be worth it anyways

• +1
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3, Kotei, Deleted member 206 and 3 others
I do calisthenics aswell. You will still make good gains, the only downside calisthenics have over weightlifting is that it's harder to add difficulty to the exercises as you progress. (With weightlifting you just add more weight). With calisthenics what you do instead is increasing volume, decreasing rest between exercises and slowly build until you can do more difficult excercises like muscle ups etc.

• +1
Reactions: Kotei and Tricky
Sprinting+body weight exercises+swimming and eat alot+drink water,you will see results.

• +1
Reactions: Kotei
If youre too broke to afford a gym membership you're probably too broke to eat enough protein for it to be worth it anyways

True, but even if hes not making optimal gains. Surely learning about proper form, about training, diet, ect ect
What u think @jefferson

• +1
no

• +1
Reactions: yonnyforeverbulk, Kotei and Nibba
True, but even if hes not making optimal gains. Surely learning about proper form, about training, diet, ect ect
What u think @jefferson
Yeah it's probably still worth it, he just needs to try and find cheap sources of protein and use lots of rice as his main carb to bulk.

• +1
Reactions: yonnyforeverbulk and Kotei
only works if your a chad that produces natty tren

so nah

• +1
Donttake it like you need to choose one. If you're broke to afford a gym membershimp now then do calisthenics and focus on become disciplined and commited aside from the physical aspect

• +1
Sprinting+body weight exercises+swimming and eat alot+drink water,you will see results.
Dude I was a swimmer and we used to do this. I was lean and had good definition but I was small until i started extra on the side. Terrible advice for getting big

• +1
Reactions: yonnyforeverbulk and Kotei
As long as you cant afford gym, this is your only choice. Its now time for you to choose if you wanna be better physically for some degree or not. Doing something is better than doing nothing here.

• +1
It can be, I did calisthenics from 15-18, pretty basic stuff, just pushups, dips, pull-ups, bodyweight squats and leg raises for abs. I went from 60- 75 kg.

• +1
This is what I do. I don't have a set of free weights right now and there's no way I'd visit a gym.

You obviously won't get very big from it (I'm about 180 lbs, 6'3", probably around 12% bf), but you can get some decent definition. My arms have visible tone, my abs are slightly defined unflexed, very defined flexed, my chest is decently sized. What I haven't gotten: my arms are only slightly bigger in circumference and my traps/shoulders aren't all that much bigger either - still remains for me to neckmax. However, you should also notice marked strength and endurance benefits if you keep at it.

• +1
Reactions: KhatcodaiA3 and Kotei
waste of time

• +1
Improving yourself physically (both performance and looks) as a male - waste of time?
I did calisthenics for about 6 months and I was still a skinny faggot with a little more definition. Just get a gym membership and eat properly, you‘ll save lots of time and energy

• +1
just do push ups and climb ups.

• +1
at the very least invest in a pull up bar

• +1
Reactions: Kotei and Never_Began
It can be, I did calisthenics from 15-18, pretty basic stuff, just pushups, dips, pull-ups, bodyweight squats and leg raises for abs. I went from 60- 75 kg.
if the guy in your avi is you, it looks like you skipped a LOT of training

• +1
Gymcelling is only technically effective if your at least a psl 4

• +1
  • +1
3 years of calistenics is more than enough to build a decent physique
Yes, but I wasn't doing it seriously, i only got serious about working out recently.
Btw, tell me what needs improvement?

• +1

Beans, sardines, tuna, chicken

there's cheap protein out there if you're willing to cook

• +1
Reactions: Never_Began and Kotei