Calling all retainercels

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
I’ve completed an experiment recently where I left my retainer out for a while to see what my teeth would do. While they went slightly crooked, I feel my bite and palate was better. Anyway I forcibly realigned my teeth with my retainer and after a few nights my teeth are back in their brace position. Needless to say I’m back to a Twink palate which is narrow and my speech is even worse tbh. Myobrace can not come fast enough.
@Nibba I cordially invite you here as I know you’re a retainercel.

I’ve completed an experiment recently where I left my retainer out for a while to see what my teeth would do. While they went slightly crooked, I feel my bite and palate was better. Anyway I forcibly realigned my teeth with my retainer and after a few nights my teeth are back in their brace position. Needless to say I’m back to a Twink palate which is narrow and my speech is even worse tbh. Myobrace can not come fast enough.
I used to be a retainercel

i'm no jewodontics expert but i had these braces with springs on them after having a palate expander, which i think were to move the teeth to make room for one to grow in and not to align them for a pretty smile. these might be braces that actually help your face because they prevent having to get teeth extracted but again im no jewodontics authority. Didnt wear my retainer at all and when they checked in on me the retainer obviously didn't fit but they said i didn't need to wear one and the teeth wouldn't move in a way that would cause any problems. don't know how it affected my face but i didn't have to wear a retainer which was a real convenience tbh tbh :feelsokman:

I used to be a retainercel
Same, quit using my retainer many months ago, teeth are still straight and look good, but slightly different looking. I don't care. I knew it would prohibit mewing gains, so I made the jump. I'm going to disclose to my parents in 5 years that I haven't worn my retainer this whole time, (already discussed mewing with them and they don't buy it), just to prove that while facial growth in adults is hard, at the very least something is happening when I can stop using my retainer and still have straight teeth.
i'm no jewodontics expert but i had these braces with springs on them after having a palate expander, which i think were to move the teeth to make room for one to grow in and not to align them for a pretty smile. these might be braces that actually help your face because they prevent having to get teeth extracted but again im no jewodontics authority. Didnt wear my retainer at all and when they checked in on me the retainer obviously didn't fit but they said i didn't need to wear one and the teeth wouldn't move in a way that would cause any problems. don't know how it affected my face but i didn't have to wear a retainer which was a real convenience tbh tbh :feelsokman:
You're lucky to have had an orthodontist that used a palate expander rather than just instantly using bracesand then performing extractions. Extractions damage the face, and it's such a shame that the future facial attractiveness of a kid with malocclusions is decided on a cointoss depending on the methods of correction their ortho uses. Fuck that.

Same, quit using my retainer many months ago, teeth are still straight and look good, but slightly different looking. I don't care. I knew it would prohibit mewing gains, so I made the jump. I'm going to disclose to my parents in 5 years that I haven't worn my retainer this whole time, (already discussed mewing with them and they don't buy it), just to prove that while facial growth in adults is hard, at the very least something is happening when I can stop using my retainer and still have straight teeth.

You're lucky to have had an orthodontist that used a palate expander rather than just instantly using bracesand then performing extractions. Extractions damage the face, and it's such a shame that the future facial attractiveness of a kid with malocclusions is decided on a cointoss depending on the methods of correction their ortho uses. Fuck that.
tbh he actually kind of seemed like a shitty orthodontist. after i got the spring braces instead of attempting to fix my tongue thrust with a tongue cage or something like that he just said that i couldn't get traditional braces because the tongue thrust would move the teeth back. but the general consensus here is that traditional braces are bad so that may have been a blessing. but it would have been good to get my tongue thrust corrected.