[Serious] Can a face full of acne scars even be saved?

C

Curious0

I refuse
So I started to get acne breakouts when I was 13. I am 18 now. As you can already presume, 5 years of acne have fucked up my face. When I'm standing 10 feet away from the mirror and look into the mirror, I can still see that around 30% of my face is red. Apart from all the other bad facial traits that I have, such as close set eyes, asymmetry, big uneven nose, these acne scars are a death sentence in my opinion. They'll never go away. I'm fucked.
acne.jpg

My skin looks like this. It's a picture from Google, not a picture of me.
I'm currently taking accutane, but the permanent scars are already there so I really don't know what to do now.

UndercovrNormie

UndercovrNormie

Unjustified Napoleon Complex
Microneedling can help make scars go away; never had acne scarring, and haven't microneedled before so I can't say if it works or not, though.

Nibba

Nibba

Using HGH at 6'4 Crew
So I started to get acne breakouts when I was 13. I am 18 now. As you can already presume, 5 years of acne have fucked up my face. When I'm standing 10 feet away from the mirror and look into the mirror, I can still see that around 30% of my face is red. Apart from all the other bad facial traits that I have, such as close set eyes, asymmetry, big uneven nose, these acne scars are a death sentence in my opinion. They'll never go away. I'm fucked.
View attachment 177
My skin looks like this. It's a picture from Google, not a picture of me.
I'm currently taking accutane, but the permanent scars are already there so I really don't know what to do now.
Accutane for sure. Then home dermastamping will help break up scar tissue, even the skin, and promote collagen production

Intel.Imperitive

Intel.Imperitive

[-={Imperitor of Intel《♡》Slayer Crew/Roidcel}=-]
Brooo how tf have you not seen a dermatologist yet. You need like 40g of accutane a day maybe more. Yh, you probably will need microneedling too. Doesn't matter if you're an 8/10 otherwise if your acne is that bad foids wont fuck with you.

extreme-overthinker

extreme-overthinker

                                                  
I hate to bring you bad news, but if it's as bad as you posted then you're pretty much fucked. Chemical peeling will only reduce the scar area (the depth of the scar) by half AT MOST. That's what my derm told me. This will greatly help your face if you only have mild scarring. In your case? not much.

C

Curious0

I refuse
Brooo how tf have you not seen a dermatologist yet. You need like 40g of accutane a day maybe more. Yh, you probably will need microneedling too. Doesn't matter if you're an 8/10 otherwise if your acne is that bad foids wont fuck with you.
I have seen a dermatologist when I was 14 and he only prescribed me a cream. Of course this cream did not work at all. Just before I turned 18 I went again and he prescribed me accutane. I now have to take 10mg a day for 18 months.
High dosage isn't necessarily better, because it will make your initial aggravation of the acne, which I even experienced at 10mg, really bad, which will leave permanent scarring.
I'm a 3/10 even without acne, it's pretty much over for me. I'll still looksmax, because I want to get distracted and see progress. I'd be happy if I achieved 4.5/10 on a looks scale.
I hate to bring you bad news, but if it's as bad as you posted then you're pretty much fucked. Chemical peeling will only reduce the scar area (the depth of the scar) by half AT MOST. That's what my derm told me. This will greatly help your face if you only have mild scarring. In your case? not much.
IMG_20180823_174540.jpg

This picture gives me so much hope. On the right side, the scars look fine. I'd be okay with having such barely noticeable scars.
The time between these two pictures is only 9 months. Her acne was worse than mine.

Last edited:
Y

YalaDAMNchili

Trainee
See a dermatologist. A S A P

Diet and stress can also play a factor in breakouts and acne so get those in check too.

C

Curious0

I refuse
See a dermatologist. A S A P

Diet and stress can also play a factor in breakouts and acne so get those in check too.
You clearly didn't read my post. I have been taking accutane for two months already.
I don't eat dairy products and meat, so diet us most likely not the cause of my breakouts.
I also don't have stress. My dermatologist told me that it's entirely my genetics.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)