[Serious] Can a facepuller anchored to the MSE recreate the forward movement of a lefort 1, 2 or 3?

Sergio-OMS

Sergio-OMS

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Did your maxilla get vertically longer from MSE? Didn't you also do facepull?
The gummy smile is mainly due to bringing back the incisors with the orthodontics done to close the interincisal diastema. If that is not done then there’s no increase in the gummy smile

forwardgrowth

forwardgrowth

Professional
Did your maxilla get vertically longer from MSE? Didn't you also do facepull?
I don't think so, I didn't facepull not YET
It can, but not much, maybe 2 mm ? I’m talking about the MSE “plain” (with no osteotomies): doing a Le fort 1 cut reduces the resistance and allows for a more effective protraction. By the way, I’m referring to an actual Delaire’s facemask.
This cut allows for more sutures to be loosened?
The gummy smile is mainly due to bringing back the incisors with the orthodontics done to close the interincisal diastema. If that is not done then there’s no increase in the gummy smile
Can you elab

Last edited:
Y2J97

Y2J97

Trainee
yes, probably better since it gives much better upwards growth too along as the same saggital growth (assuming you used it for long enough) a lefort would give but to all the facial bones a lefort iii would and possibly more, and if iirc a lefort relapses like 50% over a few years while this probably wouldn’t nearly as much
When you talking about relapse like 50%, you refer to Le Fort III or all types of Le Fort?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JeremyMeeks Looksmaxing 14
goat2x Looksmaxing 18
GigaTyroneOrDeath Looksmaxing 17

Viewing This Thread (Looksmaxers: 0, Bluepilled: 1)