Can a recessed/small jaw cause a crooked/bulbous nose?

Gaia262

Gaia262

Never Give Up
A thought that came to my mind. When I was a child my nose was very straight, I remember when I was a teenager it began to become crooked.

I have a short face which requires a bimax+ Genio.

My theory is that due to the shortface the nose was unable to grow within the confined space so began to become deviated.

Ergo, had I got a bimax at a young age would my nose of continued to be straight?

What other areas are impacted by a small/recessed jaws. I have also noticed the eye area improve with a bimax.

@Tyrionlannistercel
@Lorsss
@reptiles
@wereqryan

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss and thecel
I dont think so. There are people with good jaw but crooked nose

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, HighIQcel, SPFromNY914 and 3 others
no its genetics
excess cartilige cause bolbous nose not bones

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Incoming, imparatorluk and 4 others
crooked nose can be caused by recessed jaws. bulbous nose tip is 100% genetics/hormones

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 7125, HighIQcel and 1 other person
A thought that came to my mind. When I was a child my nose was very straight, I remember when I was a teenager it began to become crooked.

My theory is that due to the shortface the nose was unable to grow within the confined space so began to become deviated.

Ergo, had I got a bimax at a young age would my nose of continued to be straight?

What other areas are impacted by a small/recessed jaws. I have also noticed the eye area improve with a bimax.

@Tyrionlannistercel
@Lorsss
@reptiles
@wereqryan
Most recessed people are having deviated septums not just regular deviated septums(they are having severe deviated septums) which is why they started mouthbreathing.After years and years of mouthbreathing their maxilla will grow vertical and jaw will get weaker and weaker to the point of very flat maxilla where their noses stick too much and combine that with deviated septum that is why.I wouldn't say genetics,more bad cucked parenting but genetics could take a part too.Also bulbous noses are more connected to phenotypes or ethnics.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 7125, SPFromNY914 and 2 others
actually, there is a correlation between big nose and short midface. I really don't understand lookism/ looksmax user always shy away from long midface and favor short midface. Short midface is ugly, best is average (midface ratio of 1)
In this article

"A 24-year-old woman arrived for evaluation. She had previously undergone four bicuspid extractions and orthodontics to neutralize her occlusion during her high school years. Analysis confirmed a short face growth pattern that accounted for the apparent large nose, weak profile, obtuse neck–chin angle, and edentulous look."
B978145572698100023X f023 001ab 9781455726981

According to .me mantra (compact midface), the left version is more attractive (short midface) then right (I want to vomit). Le fort 1 alleviate the short midface look by lowering the teeth. When she smile, the upper teeth are more visible, making the face look longer.

Edit: pic and quote aren't related

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Gaia262, Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 6341
most definitely. pull your philtrum forward to see how your nose would look like without maxillary recession :feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth and Gaia262
actually, there is a correlation between big nose and short midface. I really don't understand lookism/ looksmax user always shy away from long midface and favor short midface. Short midface is ugly, best is average (midface ratio of 1)
In this article

"A 24-year-old woman arrived for evaluation. She had previously undergone four bicuspid extractions and orthodontics to neutralize her occlusion during her high school years. Analysis confirmed a short face growth pattern that accounted for the apparent large nose, weak profile, obtuse neck–chin angle, and edentulous look."
View attachment 441579

According to .me mantra (compact midface), the left version is more attractive (short midface) then right (I want to vomit). Le fort 1 alleviate the short midface look by lowering the teeth. When she smile, the upper teeth are more visible, making the face look longer.

Definitely I agree that a Bimax can essentially make a large nose look in harmony with the face. A lot of people think they need a rhinoplasty when the reality is the jaws are small, this thread summarizes it well

My question was the chicken before the egg scenario. If one has a small jaw/maxilla and short face does this contribute to someone developing a crooked and deviated nose as my theory is that there simply isn't enough space for the nose to develop correctly.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
In this article

View attachment 441579

holy fuck she's 24? looks 45 in the before

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Poorly developed jaw and maxilla not only cause crooked nose, they also make it appear a lot bigger than it actually is.

• +1
My nose is crooked and I got decent Jaw. So I dont think its because of that. its genetics.

• +1
holy fuck she's 24? looks 45 in the before
sorry quote and pic. aren't related actually.
Definitely I agree that a Bimax can essentially make a large nose look in harmony with the face. A lot of people think they need a rhinoplasty when the reality is the jaws are small, this thread summarizes it well

My question was the chicken before the egg scenario. If one has a small jaw/maxilla and short face does this contribute to someone developing a crooked and deviated nose as my theory is that there simply isn't enough space for the nose to develop correctly.
nose including surounding area (midface, sinuses, paranasal) are largely genetic. Jaw is debatable wether is genetic or env. or both.
Personally I don't think crooked nose is related to jaw development. Nose is made from cartilage not hard bone. Also 1 of my Uncle's wife is stacy despite having crooked nose, the rest of the face are top tier.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Gaia262

the nose develops fine regardless. only the soft tissue stretches down

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Gaia262
My jaw is nice as hell, nose is only failo on face but absolutely everything in my body is so big it minimizes the nose size illusion

• +1
@SubhumanCurrycel thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Gaia262
No(se) :soy::soy::soy:

• +1
Well I have quite the long jaw but my nose is slightly crooked

• +1
Reactions: System Restore and Gaia262
Well I have quite the long jaw but my nose is slightly crooked
Maybe it's just a deviated septum.Mine isn't crooked but i have a long face too.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
@SubhumanCurrycel thoughts?
It can.
I have the same nose as my dad it’s we’re i get it from but because his jaw is recessed it looks far worse due to the contrast.
Having good forward growth won’t fix it but it’s will make it look not as bad.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy

@Tyrionlannistercel
@Lorsss
@reptiles
@wereqryan
Same bro I'm mixed but ever since my extractions,braces, and mouthbreathing symptoms started to show at 16, my nose turned into the arab crooked version Now I'm 18 and so happy and grateful I found about mewing before it's too late

My nose is crooked and I got decent Jaw. So I dont think its because of that. its genetics.
For me, my nose got crooked cause of recession and vertical growth due to braces and extraction. It was never crooked until I turned 15/16