[Serious] Can anyone give me any advice on how to deal with BDD attacks?

Picassocel

Currently mental health maxing.
I don't really talk about my BDD (Body Dysmorphic disorder) much, even with my therapist. I still feel immense shame to even mention it as i think it makes the problem feel more real when i talk about it. I will eventually talk about it when i'm ready but in the meantime do you guys know any ways to deal with the disorder when you have an attack? When it gets bad for me, it encompasses my entire head and leads me to panic which then creates suicidal thoughts which i don't regularly experience even with my depression. Just any way to deal with it even for just 10 minutes would really be appreciated. It weighs on me. Thanks.

Spite

Apprentice
Are you sure it's BDD and not your brain momentarily losing the ability to cope with reality?

Nibba

Using HGH at 6'4 Crew
I don't really talk about my BDD (Body Dysmorphic disorder) much, even with my therapist. I still feel immense shame to even mention it as i think it makes the problem feel more real when i talk about it. I will eventually talk about it when i'm ready but in the meantime do you guys know any ways to deal with the disorder when you have an attack? When it gets bad for me, it encompasses my entire head and leads me to panic which then creates suicidal thoughts which i don't regularly experience even with my depression. Just any way to deal with it even for just 10 minutes would really be appreciated. It weighs on me. Thanks.
I have the same problem. I have big shoulders and I'm tall but my brain makes me think I'm a framecel and/or manlet sometimes kek...download some shit mobile game and play it. Dead srs

Helps take you out of yourself for a while

JawsOfLife

Trainee
It's bizarre because I've always been hideously ugly my whole adult life.

But I just fixed one of the things that makes me really ugly (my hairline) and even though it's almost perfect, it's off from where I wanted by 5 mm in some of it and the contour is not exactly what I wanted.

I never understood BDD. I think it's a manifestation of perfectionism, no?

Like I know now my hairline is better than 95% of guys, but I can't stop fixating on that small imperfection. It's like after a lifetime of focusing on it in general I can't stop. Or like 95% isn't good enough. So it seems wrong to me even if it should be fine.

I'm gonna try to get it tweaked to fix it in 5 months that last little bit.

But it does make me wonder if after so much time of hating my appearance for valid reasons, anything I do will ever truly be enough for me, or if I've programmed my mind so that I'll find something to hate about my face no matter what I do with it.

Isn't that also what BDD is?

It's weird to go from hating something about your face because it's objectively WRONG and ABNORMAL to then obsessing about it just as much because it's only 95% perfect. So I think I now sort of get BDD.

The only advice I could offer is maybe don't think about it. That's what I'm gonna try to do for the next 5 months. Stop fixating. Stop thinking. Stop staring in the mirror. Leave it the fuck alone.

Normal people don't look in the mirror more than 10 minutes a day. So aim for that. Distract yourself. Stay busy. Do other things.

And accept at some point nothing will ever be perfect. Sometimes good enough is good enough.

I'm trying to convince myself as much as I'm trying to convince you OP, if you can't tell.

Picassocel

Currently mental health maxing.
The only advice I could offer is maybe don't think about it.
'Just don't think about it theory' :lul:

Jk, thanks for sharing and yeah i echo the same sentiment. Im constantly moving on to different things i don't like about my face it makes me feel like i'm going insane sometimes. You know what the funny thing is, when i know something is a problem e.g my lower third it doesn't hurt as much, but when it is something that i'm uncertain if its even an issue it fucking ruins me e.g my eye assymertry. Bro i think i've taken literally over three thousand selfies due to my fucking EYES, i'm not exaggerating. I used to use mirrors but now i use my phone as it flips the image. I've taken a picture of my face in every lighting condition imaginable lol.

HorribleTeeth

AKA GeneticJoke. I escape by Nov 10 or it's over.
If you see a problem that actually isn't there, then it's BDD. If there really IS a problem then it's not BDD.

This is the beauty of having access to blackpilled observations and ratings, to either confirm or deny whatever it is you are concerned about.

Last edited:

JawsOfLife

Trainee
'Just don't think about it theory' :lul:

Jk, thanks for sharing and yeah i echo the same sentiment. Im constantly moving on to different things i don't like about my face it makes me feel like i'm going insane sometimes. You know what the funny thing is, when i know something is a problem e.g my lower third it doesn't hurt as much, but when it is something that i'm uncertain if its even an issue it fucking ruins me e.g my eye assymertry. Bro i think i've taken literally over three thousand selfies due to my fucking EYES, i'm not exaggerating. I used to use mirrors but now i use my phone as it flips the image. I've taken a picture of my face in every lighting condition imaginable lol.
Never use selfie camera to judge yourself too. I went insane thinking I was much uglier than I actually was for a year because the lens distortion on selfie camera makes me look 10x worse.

If you want to take a picture, use your camera in a bathroom mirror:

Just zoom in with the camera on your face. It creates a longer focal length so far less distortion.

I have to constantly fight the urge to obsess and stare at myself. I check my hairline like 10x a day or more when I'm not working.

Honestly even just having a job to go to is good. It's the only time I don't obsess over my looks.

We have to break the habit somehow. In my case the obsession over my hairline was once justifiable. Now it's just pure perfectionism. It isn't appropriate at all.

If you know there's no deformity in your case, then it's likely not appropriate either.

dontgoLAXb4UMAXx

LIL MOTOROLA
Best way in my case is to know and acknowledge that people have it way worse than you. Think about a 5'2 currycel and how he gets gigamogged everyday 10x worse than you do.

UndercovrNormie

Unjustified Napoleon Complex
I think I have BDD, because I obsess over facial symmetry, when I start thinking about it, I put an eyepatch over my good eye and make my lazy one focus harder, started really recently and already seeing results.

dontgoLAXb4UMAXx

LIL MOTOROLA
I think I have BDD, because I obsess over facial symmetry, when I start thinking about it, I put an eyepatch over my good eye and make my lazy one focus harder, started really recently and already seeing results.
really? is this for ptosis aswell

Alcatraz

Trainee

But I just fixed one of the things that makes me really ugly (my hairline) and even though it's almost perfect, it's off from where I wanted by 5 mm in some of it and the contour is not exactly what I wanted.

Like I know now my hairline is better than 95% of guys, but I can't stop fixating on that small imperfection. It's like after a lifetime of focusing on it in general I can't stop. Or like 95% isn't good enough. So it seems wrong to me even if it should be fine.

But it does make me wonder if after so much time of hating my appearance for valid reasons, anything I do will ever truly be enough for me, or if I've programmed my mind so that I'll find something to hate about my face no matter what I do with it.

It's weird to go from hating something about your face because it's objectively WRONG and ABNORMAL to then obsessing about it just as much because it's only 95% perfect. So I think I now sort of get BDD.

The only advice I could offer is maybe don't think about it. That's what I'm gonna try to do for the next 5 months. Stop fixating. Stop thinking. Stop staring in the mirror. Leave it the fuck alone.

Normal people don't look in the mirror more than 10 minutes a day. So aim for that. Distract yourself. Stay busy. Do other things.

And accept at some point nothing will ever be perfect. Sometimes good enough is good enough.

I'm trying to convince myself as much as I'm trying to convince you OP, if you can't tell.
Im completely obsessed most of the time cant sleep because im thinking about my face/body so I go stare in the mirror, Fucking horrible.

Intel.Imperitive

[-={Imperitor of Intel《♡》Slayer Crew/Roidcel}=-]

I dont think normal people look in the mirror for more than 2 mins everyday.
Best way in my case is to know and acknowledge that people have it way worse than you. Think about a 5'2 currycel and how he gets gigamogged everyday 10x worse than you do.
Omg this method works so well. When ever Im starting to be a little bitch about my looks, I just look at someone uglier than me around me or in my head. (I know it sounds harsh). This makes me greatful because it could have been SO MUCH worse than what it is now. It made me realise I have some good features too, and there are ALOT of people who would trade places with me in an instant. So gotta be greatful.
Omg this method works so well. When ever Im starting to be a little bitch about my looks, I just look at someone uglier than me around me or in my head. (I know it sounds harsh). This makes me greatful because it could have been SO MUCH worse than what it is now. It made me realise I have some good features too, and there are ALOT of people who would trade places with me in an instant. So gotta be greatful.
Im completely obsessed most of the time cant sleep because im thinking about my face/body so I go stare in the mirror, Fucking horrible.
Bro if it bothers you that bad, consider taking mirrors out of your house. At least all quality mirrors. And use a reflective window for all your NESSESARY mirror needs. It shows you enough of a reflection to get done what you need, but not enough detail for your BDD to kick in and start picking over every detail. I did that once when my mirror broke and I found myself careing less about my looks.

Alternatively, maybe dont go into any thread thats tagged BLACKPILL. I know it sounds retarded, but bro, if you cant sleep thats fucked up. BLACKPILL is literally known for causing such mental illnesses and issues. Maybe take a break from Blackpill for a while. Not saying go Bluepill, just relax on the Blackpill for a while.

Last edited:

Afrikancel

🅟🅞🅟🅞 🅒🅡🅔🅦
Blackpill will lead to more MH issues. BDD is one of those. 90%+ of incels have BDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
left2die Offtopic 12
weissbier Offtopic 16
Hunter Offtopic 29