Can braces or CCW rotation provide more defined upper lip/shorten philtrum?

LebenistneHure

LebenistneHure

Silver
As the title says, could wearing braces to correct teeth improve upper lip, if the problem is that upper teeth tip backwards slightly? So when I look at my smile from the profile, my teeth aren't exactly at 90° from a horizontal, they're rather close to 100°. Now say braces tip those teeth out to be at 90, would teeth push out the upper lip and make it more defined? My philtrum is of normal length, but my upper lip sort of curls inwards at rest, and looks narrower than the bottom lip. I also don't have any tooth show with my mouth open at rest. I'd love to fix this as it's really ruining my mouth area and harmony, but I know a lip lift simply isn't an option due to males ending up looking gay, because of scar creation, and in the end my scars always end up visible.

Could this backwards slanting of upper teeth indicate a need for a CCW rotation? I have a long midface with a long nose, and a narrow IPD.
Also, who should I see to have CT scans of my face done? An orthodontist or a maxillofacial surgeon? Who would be more qualified to pinpoint the skeletal problem and steer me in the right direction?

Also, my bite is currently normal, but my bottom teeth are at 90° as opposed to upper teeth leaning backwards to meet them. Does that mean if I corrected backwards slanting teeth, I'd have to bring the lower jaw out to meet the upper teeth? I'd like to fix the underlying cause of disharmony, and not opt for camouflage procedures and still end up with a shit jaw and smile.

My face looks so much more balanced and harmonious if I pout my upper lip, thereby reducing philtrum length and bringing the upper lip out more, making it actually defined/normal as it's supposed to be, instead of curling inwards at rest.

Last edited:
No my nigger

• +1
Reactions: LebenistneHure
Braces gave my friend a negative canthel tilt LOL. They fuck up your face apart from your teeth. Dont go near braces imo,unless your teeth look like an alligators mouth
So in other words no it wont help

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020, LebenistneHure and Deleted member 7776
Braces gave my friend a negative canthel tilt LOL. They fuck up your face apart from your teeth. Dont go near braces imo,unless your teeth look like an alligators mouth
So in other words no it wont help
Braces are fucking expensive and all, but I think if I needed jaw surgery I'd still be forced to wear them. Also, any idea if you can have a bimax with CCW if your bite is fine, but you've got a flat long midface? Could it be done for aesthetics only?

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
what you are looking for is lip lift and lip implants

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and bugeye
obviously teeth are important. if your teeth are negatively tilted then it will give you grandpa look to your philtrum and lips, gonna make your lips non existent. the lips need support from the teeth to be visible that's why grandpas who have no teeth get this look.

• +1
obviously teeth are important. if your teeth are negatively tilted then it will give you grandpa look to your philtrum and lips, gonna make your lips non existent. the lips need support from the teeth to be visible that's why grandpas who have no teeth get this look.
Yeah that's my point, I feel as if upper teeth aren't pushing on the lip enough, and it's causing the upper lip to not show. I'm 24 yet my skin and volume seem worse than some 40 year olds sometimes. Should I see an ortho about this? I'd like to get my upper lip fixed, but I'd first try everything that doesn't include a skin incision. I don't think I've once seen a lip lift executed well on a male.

• +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
Yeah that's my point, I feel as if upper teeth aren't pushing on the lip enough, and it's causing the upper lip to not show. I'm 24 yet my skin and volume seem worse than some 40 year olds sometimes. Should I see an ortho about this? I'd like to get my upper lip fixed, but I'd first try everything that doesn't include a skin incision. I don't think I've once seen a lip lift executed well on a male.
yes you should imo.

• +1