Can I still eat dairy and have a skincare routine that would prevent acne?

Peachy

Peachy

in a void of omnipresent Chaos
There's no way I'm giving up on milk and cottage cheese. How else am I gonna get my protein?

• meats
  • organ meats
  • variety of fish
  • eggs
  • whey protein(not recommended for healthmaxxing tbh ngl)
also, just reducing is also a choice

• meats
  • organ meats
  • variety of fish
  • eggs
  • whey protein(not recommended for healthmaxxing tbh ngl)
also, just reducing is also a choice
Dude that's 80% of my diet. If I quit eating those I'll have nothing left but eating my shit and boogers. Being a picky eater sucks ass. If I don't like a food, it makes me puke and I can't force it down my throat.

• Hmm...
Reactions: xForgotMyName
i actually think fermented dairy is good for skin

In the meantime, a recent study involving 56 patients with acne showed that the consumption of a Lactobacillus-fermented dairy beverage improved clinical aspects of acne over 12 weeks.

We also find it noteworthy that of three large population studies linking dairy consumption (most notably milk) and acne, none made a positive correlation between fermented dairy (e.g. yogurt) and acne

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470 and xForgotMyName
There's no way I'm giving up on milk and cottage cheese. How else am I gonna get my protein?
Probably not. But can't be sure. You could be lucky.

Probably not. But can't be sure. You could be lucky.
Prior to drinking milk and eating cottage cheese daily, my acne was pretty much the same. It's always been a couple of pimples here and there. After eating dairy daily, the only thing that changed is that I got some weird growth on my left cheek that leaves scars regardless of me popping the pimples or not. I got prescribed doxycycline hyclate along with other stuff, so I hope it will do something for me.

Prior to drinking milk and eating cottage cheese daily, my acne was pretty much the same. It's always been a couple of pimples here and there. After eating dairy daily, the only thing that changed is that I got some weird growth on my left cheek that leaves scars regardless of me popping the pimples or not. I got prescribed doxycycline hyclate along with other stuff, so I hope it will do something for me.
After you kill the inflammation you should use salycylic acid on the uninflamed acne.

After you kill the inflammation you should use salycylic acid on the uninflamed acne.
I was prescribed some strong ass Differin .3% for some reason, so I'll have to do that first

I was prescribed some strong ass Differin .3% for some reason, so I'll have to do that first
I use 1% adaferin (adapalene) every day. Not irritable at all. Also moisturise after and use infadolan as an occlusive.

I use 1% adaferin (adapalene) every day. Not irritable at all. Also moisturise after and use infadolan as an occlusive.
Do you have any recommendations for milia? I have them on the eye corner right next to the nose and the skin there is very delicate.

Do you have any recommendations for milia? I have them on the eye corner right next to the nose and the skin there is very delicate.
What's milia?

i actually think fermented dairy is good for skin

In the meantime, a recent study involving 56 patients with acne showed that the consumption of a Lactobacillus-fermented dairy beverage improved clinical aspects of acne over 12 weeks.

We also find it noteworthy that of three large population studies linking dairy consumption (most notably milk) and acne, none made a positive correlation between fermented dairy (e.g. yogurt) and acne

i agree tbh ngl

the first thing to do with acne is microbiomemaxx.
unfortunately most people here cope instead of fixing their diet.
they fuck up their skin 3x per day, and then 1x per day they fix it with accutane.

i mostly eat feta cheese, and to a lesser degree greek yogurt now.
i love french cheeses a lot, but i usually overdo it and the high fat diet fucks up my skin.
at low quantity it's ok, but i'm too fucking lowIQ to stop at normal portions lol

Dude that's 80% of my diet. If I quit eating those I'll have nothing left but eating my shit and boogers. Being a picky eater sucks ass. If I don't like a food, it makes me puke and I can't force it down my throat.

wait what?

these aer protein sources to use instead of dairy, bro.

• +1
Reactions: x30001 and Deleted member 470
wait what?

Cool then. My diet is not as bad. I also pastamaxx and potatomaxx because I'm from Eastern Europe.

• So Sad
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Over, xForgotMyName and Deleted member 470
i agree tbh ngl

the first thing to do with acne is microbiomemaxx.
unfortunately most people here cope instead of fixing their diet.
they fuck up their skin 3x per day, and then 1x per day they fix it with accutane.

i mostly eat feta cheese, and to a lesser degree greek yogurt now.
i love french cheeses a lot, but i usually overdo it and the high fat diet fucks up my skin.
at low quantity it's ok, but i'm too fucking lowIQ to stop at normal portions lol

wait what?

Gut microbiome is no joke

• +1
Reactions: xForgotMyName
Cool then. My diet is not as bad. I also pastamaxx and potatomaxx because I'm from Eastern Europe.
Carbs won't help you in the slighest :)

• potatos>pasta
  • make sure most/all of your carbs are pre/post workout tbh ngl

pea protein powder
eggs
chicken

enough for protein

Gut microbiome is no joke

as a sidenote, acnecels should try milk thistle/silymarin and bile acids(especially if overweight).
theoretically people with increased gut permeability have issues with liver function and bile acid production and these supps help with that.

there was a study, that i'm too lazycel to look for rn, that showed improvement in cases of moderate/severe acne

pea protein powder
eggs
chicken

enough for protein
I'd have to eat lots of chicken and eggs to get my daily dose, but with milk and cottage cheese I can diversify my food list.

• potatos>pasta
  • make sure most/all of your carbs are pre/post workout tbh ngl
Pre workout -> glucose used as energy for the workout
Post workout -> glucose used for glycogenesis.

Allowing GLUT4 to transport glucose to adipose tissue where it's broken down into triglycerides = death sentence.

pea protein powder

pea protein supps are even worse than whey protein supps when it comes to fucked up chemical contamination.

EAT REAL FOODS

Differin is good for acne. I had bad acne and differin helped.

Pre workout -> glucose used as energy for the workout
Post workout -> glucose used for glycogenesis.

Allowing GLUT4 to transport glucose to adipose tissue where it's broken down into triglycerides = death sentence.

• the american associacion of sports medicine or whatever it's called recommends it
  • every pro athlete i've seen IRL(admittedly small N~10) eats carbs+protein+coffee pre/during/post workout.
@x30001 that said you should mix it up. if you follow themusclephd on insta/twitter, he posts studies that show low or normal carb both work, but your body gets used to anything after a while.

also, now that i think about it, he had a post about pasta AND milk being in the top of the list of foods that don't helps with testosterone optimization if you overdo it.
lol it's over for OP's gainz

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: x30001
I'd have to eat lots of chicken and eggs to get my daily dose, but with milk and cottage cheese I can diversify my food list.
how many gr of protein do eat per day ?

I need at least 145 and I also need to stay within my calorie limit

well 250gr chicken, eggs, rice, oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds you're well above 150

well 250gr chicken, eggs, rice, oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds you're well above 150
Sure I'll get enough protein but I'll get fat. My TDEE is 2945 but I swear to god I'm not losing weight eating 2400 calories a day. This crap does not work for me at all... When I bulked on 3000 calories a day I went from like 14% bf to 20% bf and the caloric surplus was very little.

a high fat diet is not bad

also do some HIIT

but you should only bulk when you're already lean so your body doesnt store a lot of fat