Can some osteotomy moved ramus backward

D

Deleted member 5385

Truth seeker
Like make sloped ramus more straight
NSDL77J3KJFZXCK3MFWAV7HMUE2

I saw some article of jsf about it
And here how such treatment would looks like ( IMDO, maxilla downgraft at the back of maxilla, ivro etc.)
Steepjaw

But actually idk how they switch between 4th and 5th pic, maybe they think ccw rotation can impact entire maxilla or have no idea about cranial base but idk actually
Straight ramus is really important for wider and square mandible.
@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS @aut0phobic
Maybe @retard if you are still alive

Chin wing

chin wing

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
Screenshot 20200704 1117102

Can modification of BSSO do that or jaw joints would be strained

A true ramus osteotomy will move the teeth so not a good option for aesthetic reasons. But in some people it might be possible with a distraction near the jaw angle paired with maxillary surgery. So no, clockwise rotation of the mandible is not going to effect the maxilla by itself - just create horrendous bite problems so the maxilla would have to be moved surgically to meet the planned mandibular position. Who would do it, I’m not sure - but I won’t tell you it’s impossible:

F0516B97 79B7 4342 B7C9 AF10DB7DCAFB

but realistically -

The picture you show is posterior jaw angle augmentation (there are even off the shelf posterior jaw angle implants available, although in never recommend prefabricated implants of any kind for jaw angles.)

Undoubtedly the preferred method to achieve this is with a custom implant in the majority of cases

The chin wing osteotomy can make the ramus appear lower but it won’t bring it further back like in your drawing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: crosshold and Deleted member 5385
idk just get implants

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax and Deleted member 5385
idk just get implants
But first I need good base , I need to rotate mandible to be as close as possible to this
Screenshot 20200917 1343592

Then I can add mass with implant
Also I have never seen good implant results
Maybe one
Gonial

better yet just get side wing + genio/chin shield if you have shitty chin, because chin wing fucks your gonions and makes them more rounded
you would have to get 2 separate procedures tho

you would have to get 2 separate procedures tho
rather get two procedures that can most likely be done at the same time than subpar results from one

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
rather get two procedures that can most likely be done at the same time than subpar results from one
wouldnt a chin wing be good if your gonion is set back though? because it would bring it forward

wouldnt a chin wing be good if your gonion is set back though? because it would bring it forward
yes and because it brings it forward it ends up rounding the gonial angle making it look more feminine, chin wing moves the whole lower part of jaw which can widen it, but it also makes your chin bigger and so almost always your gonions get rounded