Can someone draw a proper maxillary triangle on this o'pry example?

Deleted member 4410

Deleted member 4410

5eryhgtf54wersujh4
Sp

The maxillary triangle is such a meme. It doesn't really produce any measurement. All you will get is a triangle of unpredictable size, the proportions of which will be influenced by horizontal head rotation. Why not use the frankfurt plane instead? In a well developed face the jaws should surpass a line that is drawn downward from nasion, perpendicularly to the frankfurt plane:

• Love it
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
The maxillary triangle is such a meme. It doesn't really produce any measurement. All you will get is a triangle of unpredictable size, the proportions of which will be influenced by horizontal head rotation. Why not use the frankfurt plane instead? In a well developed face the jaws should surpass a line that is drawn downward from nasion, perpendicularly to the frankfurt plane:

View attachment 829044
What does it say? That he's recessed? His philtrum is nicely curved which is (I THINK) a sign of good maxilla, but chin barely touches the line.
Also obviosuly I meant a triangle in the frankfurt plane.

What does it say? That he's recessed? His philtrum is nicely curved which is (I THINK) a sign of good maxilla, but chin barely touches the line.
Also obviosuly I meant a triangle in the frankfurt plane.
Yeah his jaws are slightly set back. His mouth and chin should cross the vertical line. Looking at the philtrum can be deceiving, since even some very recessed people will have pleasing philtrum curvature, whereas others with great growth can have unsatisfactory curvature.

Rotate by frankfurt's plane and draw said triangle, that's it

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel