Can You Get Doublejaw Surgery for Solely Cosmetic Reasons?

SHARK

SHARK

Kraken
Thought I saw a thread recently of someone saying doctors won’t do it unless you have sleep apnea or overbite or something? Is that true?

I have no noticeable functional issues

Ofc u can greencel

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 3962
Good luck finding a surgeon willing to perform it lol (seriously, good luck)

Also there is a zero percent chance insurance will cover it if it isn’t functional which means $35,000+ out of pocket

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962

Also there is a zero percent chance insurance will cover it if it isn’t functional which means $35,000+ out of pocket
Fuck. What are some functional problems I can fraud (or might have that I don’t notice)

No respectable surgeon will do it for purely aesthetic reasons. The surgeon may consider it to improve airway for sleep apnea and/or in conjunction with orthodontic treatment and even then may try to avoid going that route. All from my experience.

Fuck. What are some functional problems I can fraud (or might have that I don’t notice)
I don’t know how feasible it would be to fraud any of the issues that would allow insurance coverage. But you might have sleep apnea and be unaware of it. Jaw surgery can definitely expand airways to help treat sleep apnea.

i heard some in europe do it for aesthetic reasons

its probably hard to find one in the u.s

In Europe, some may perform if if your maxilla is recessed.

In the U.S ya, its very hard to find one and the ones that do, charge crazy amounts