causes of malocclusion (and consequently face deformations)

Lorsss

Lorsss

mod. Username: Lorsss
Staff
>bad posture
>disorders like nail biting, pencil biting, sucking fingers etc
>improper swallowing
>mouth breathing

source: wikipedia.org/wiki/malocclusion

• +1
Reactions: HorseFace
Never knew pencil and nail biting were disorders.

I have a very forward grown maxilla. My jaw is just average, so I end up with overbite.
Like that since day 0.

"bad behaviour" is a better term? (I'm not an english native speaker)
No lol, I meant I never thought they were issues.

Badposturecel cheking in
Altough since it has caused my face to rotation down and jaw to rotate down and back, would a jaw ccw maxillary rotation + mandible advancement solve it?

Btw i see these people with shit posture and perfectly grown faces all the time, but my face has gone to shit. God is cruel

Last edited:
This is how it occurs:
1.mouth breathing
2.tongue doesn't rest on palate
3.palate doesn't develop enough horizontally to fit all teeth
4.not enough space for the teeth so they become crooked.

Badposturecel cheking in
Altough since it has caused my face to rotation down and jaw to rotate down and back, would a jaw ccw maxillary rotation + mandible advancement solve it?

Btw i see these people with shit posture and perfectly grown faces all the time, but my face has gone to shit. God is cruel
before doing surgeries you should fix your posture in order to improve your face naturally as much as possible.
improving posture is easy, you just have to look forward and avoid looking down when you walk.
also do the "superman" exercise

before doing surgeries you should fix your posture in order to improve your face naturally as much as possible.
improving posture is easy, you just have to look forward and avoid looking down when you walk.
also do the "superman" exercise

Yea i know this but my posture is uniqley fucked up. I've taken x rays of my back and im meeting with a physiotherapist to get exerciesd tailored for my needs aswell as continious follow ups.

The thing is i developed horrible posture trough laying in my bed with my computer on my lap with my neck in a literall 90 degree angle up against the wall.

Almost all of the causes come from not breastfeeding the kid long enough/at all and not feeding them tougher foods.

Yea i know this but my posture is uniqley fucked up. I've taken x rays of my back and im meeting with a physiotherapist to get exerciesd tailored for my needs aswell as continious follow ups.

The thing is i developed horrible posture trough laying in my bed with my computer on my lap with my neck in a literall 90 degree angle up against the wall.
then I suggest you doing stretching for scoliosis everyday