[CAUTION] DRY FASTING MADE ME BLACKOUT

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
PREFACE:
Water fasting is when you don't eat food for an extended period of time, but you drink as much water as you want
Dry fasting is when you don't eat food or drink any water at all for an extended period of time.

So I have been water fasting for the past 3 days I think and only yesterday did I start dry fasting. On water fasts I feel normal, feels exactly as if I am eating food. However, on dry fasts, I get dizziness from standing up too fast and I generally feel weak.

STORY:
Today, I was home alone. I decided to cook the family this for when they came back:

So you know, I let the buns yeast rise and then cooked up the bread. Then made some bacon and shit and got up to the part where I had the burger all ready to assemble.

I started feeling weird as fuck at this point. Keep in mind I had been cooking the whole day basically, no food, no water. It was really hot.

All the sudden I started feeling extremely nauseous and had to grip the table and hold on to stay upright. I decided to drink some water because I had never experienced this feeling before and you have to listen to your body in these scenarios.

I sat down on a chair for a minute and took a few sips of the water. I felt a little better. But it wasn't enough. I got up, to finish assembling the burgers but I felt the exact same nauseous feeling.

I started walking to the chair when I hear, *THUMP*. It was the main door of the house being opened. My family was home. I turn to my right to look at the door and all the sudden... :sleep:.

I wake up back down on the wooden floor and I see my father and sister looking at me.

"What happened?" I say.

They say I wobbled for a second then collapsed right in front of them and my head hit the marble table before I landed on the floor. I feel the back of my head and it was bleeding from the scalp.

Luckily the bleeding was nothing crazy, I was fine.

They said I woke up maybe 1 second after I fell but I blacked as I was walking to the chair. It could have been fatal, there was a knife extremely close to where I hit the marble table (the marble table is where I was cooking).

My father is an MD, he lets me rest on a soft couch for a minute even though as soon as I woke up I genuinely felt fine, as if nothing had even happened. But my family looked very worried.

After a few minutes of me lying down on the soft couch, I reassure my family that I feel fine and have no idea why that happened. My father tests my blood pressure.

In my aspie mind I said: "it is over, he will find out I have been fasting."

But he said my blood pressure was perfectly normal.

I tell him I had been cooking from the morning and had not eating until 4PM I think he said that I might have had hyperglycemia but it could have been hypoglycemia I can't exactly remember.

I finish assembling the burgers, and my parents talk to me for a bit. I finished my fasting period by eating my burgers right after this incident, and holy fuck they tasted so good ngl was worth the faint.

TLDR: dry fasting made me collapse and blackout for a second or two. I would never recommend dry fasting to anyone.

@RealSurgerymax So why did this happen to me?

indb4: copingvolcel essay

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Agendum, Cain, chaddyboi66 and 6 others
Damn, but why even dry fast tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10524, Stare, chaddyboi66 and 8 others
chad takes a shitty bathroom selfie and has 300+ matches while incels starve themselves to death

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: yayatourer, hiwasuwor, Agendum and 25 others
Damn, but why even dry fast tho
I did it in the past and had no issues. But instead of standing up and walking a lot to cook I was rotting on my bed in the past

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10177
@Sergio-OMS

Why tf you stopped drinking water? It's stupid

• +1
Reactions: .👽., datboijj, Deleted member 4614 and 2 others
PREFACE:
Dry fasting is when
you don't eat food or drink any water at all for an extended period of time.

So I have been water fasting for the past 3 days I think and only yesterday did I start dry fasting. On water fasts I feel normal, feels exactly as if I am eating food. However, on dry fasts, I get dizziness from standing up too fast and I generally feel weak.

Likely Orthostatic HypOtension secondary to dehydration.

If you water fast AND take electrolytes you should atleast stay euvolemic. If not, you will be Hypovolemic (Low blood volume) from dehydrating yourself like this.

Because of the low blood volume your blood pressure will go low (Hypotension) and especially when you stand up from sitting your body can't adjust this quickly and because of gravity the blood drains to lower body, and now is inadequately perfusing your brain. Orthostatic hypotension is a rapid drop in blood pressure from standing up.

You need to drink water and take electrolytes

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: yayatourer, Agendum, Cain and 7 others
I did it in the past and had no issues. But instead of standing up and walking a lot to cook I was rotting on my bed in the past
U didn't answer my question tho, why dry fast in the first place? The only thing I know is that if you do it for a short time it can temporarily give u leaner face and body, but you could just use an ice mask for that sorta stuff.

• +1
Reactions: Cain and Deleted member 4614
Maybe water is important

• JFL
Reactions: Slayercel
honestly having some natural selection for IQ might not be that bad

Bro you have to be fucking serious man I could have told you at age 5 that not drinking water would cause you health issues jfl man...

If you water fast AND take electrolytes you should atleast stay euvolemic. If not, you will be Hypovolemic (Low blood volume) from dehydrating yourself like this.

Because of the low blood volume your blood pressure will go low (Hypotension) and especially when you stand up from sitting your body can't adjust this quickly and because of gravity the blood drains to lower body, and now is inadequately perfusing your brain. Orthostatic hypotension is a rapid drop in blood pressure from standing up.

thankyou i will never dry fast again

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
PREFACE:
Water fasting is when you don't eat food for an extended period of time, but you drink as much water as you want
Dry fasting is when you don't eat food or drink any water at all for an extended period of time.

STORY:
Today, I was home alone. I decided to cook the family this for when they came back:

So you know, I let the buns yeast rise and then cooked up the bread. Then made some bacon and shit and got up to the part where I had the burger all ready to assemble.

I started feeling weird as fuck at this point. Keep in mind I had been cooking the whole day basically, no food, no water. It was really hot.

All the sudden I started feeling extremely nauseous and had to grip the table and hold on to stay upright. I decided to drink some water because I had never experienced this feeling before and you have to listen to your body in these scenarios.

I sat down on a chair for a minute and took a few sips of the water. I felt a little better. But it wasn't enough. I got up, to finish assembling the burgers but I felt the exact same nauseous feeling.

I started walking to the chair when I hear, *THUMP*. It was the main door of the house being opened. My family was home. I turn to my right to look at the door and all the sudden... :sleep:.

I wake up back down on the wooden floor and I see my father and sister looking at me.

"What happened?" I say.

They say I wobbled for a second then collapsed right in front of them and my head hit the marble table before I landed on the floor. I feel the back of my head and it was bleeding from the scalp.

They said I woke up maybe 1 second after I fell but I blacked as I was walking to the chair. It could have been fatal, there was a knife extremely close to where I hit the marble table (the marble table is where I was cooking).

My father is an MD, he lets me rest on a soft couch for a minute even though as soon as I woke up I genuinely felt fine, as if nothing had even happened. But my family looked very worried.

After a few minutes of me lying down on the soft couch, I reassure my family that I feel fine and have no idea why that happened. My father tests my blood pressure.

I tell him I had been cooking from the morning and had not eating until 4PM I think he said that I might have had hyperglycemia but it could have been hypoglycemia I can't exactly remember.

I finish assembling the burgers, and my parents talk to me for a bit. I finished my fasting period by eating my burgers right after this incident, and holy fuck they tasted so good ngl was worth the faint.

TLDR: dry fasting made me collapse and blackout for a second or two. I would never recommend dry fasting to anyone.

Try 30 days dry fast next

• JFL
Reactions: Cain and Slayercel
Just deprive urself of the substance that gives life to earth theory

Is this nigga dead or whats going on.

Fasting is for women and faggets, failure.

So if i stand up fast and my eyes get dark for some secs my blood volume is low?

PREFACE:

STORY:

"What happened?" I say.

Just use ephedrine and caffeine instead of dehydrating ur self and damaging ur kidneys

U didn't answer my question tho, why dry fast in the first place? The only thing I know is that if you do it for a short time it can temporarily give u leaner face and body, but you could just use an ice mask for that sorta stuff.
Elab.