Chemical burns from minoxidil and tretinoin

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
08C04360 B125 444D 882D A7CCD3CE738D

Some minox and tret falls onto my forehead inevitably when I apply it and it burns like a mother fucker.
is there anything I can apply to stop this from happening moisturiser doesn’t seem to do much.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: animo123, Lmao, Deleted member 5969 and 2 others
mix the minodixil with some tea tree oil

(Only doing this bc i appreciate you bro i rarely give advice)

• Love it
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
yeah happened to me too, I did however stop minoxidil completely but still have some pigmentation on scalp. Microneedling seems to be making it worse but its only in the bald spots so if hair grows back in or I get a transplant it won't be noticeable. Lastly curse your shitskin for giving you post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, same thing would happen if you get ablative laser for collagen/scars.

• So Sad
Did you do it right after micro needling? If so, you need to wait at least 2-3 days after a micro-needling session if you are using tret (speaking from experience, I have irritated my skin worse than yours before lol).

Also, you probably don't need as much tret as you think, I put about 3ml of it into 60ml of minoxidil and the results have been great. I tried more but it just gave me irritation and peeling without increasing growth.

Lastly, apply Jojoba oil once or twice per day, wait at least and hour after applying min. Its the best oil because it mimics the sebum our skin produces and it barely has any smell to it.

• +1
Did you do it right after micro needling? If so, you need to wait at least 2-3 days after a micro-needling session if you are using tret (speaking from experience, I have irritated my skin worse than yours before lol).

Also, you probably don't need as much tret as you think, I put about 3ml of it into 60ml of minoxidil and the results have been great. I tried more but it just gave me irritation and peeling without increasing growth.

Lastly, apply Jojoba oil once or twice per day, wait at least and hour after applying min. Its the best oil because it mimics the sebum our skin produces and it barely has any smell to it.
I microneedle in the morning apply at night
The minox and tret is compounded by my doc so I’m not sure about the % of tret but minox is 7%
Is jojoba oil black seed oil or smth different?
Also I didn’t microneedle my forehead only my scalp however the burns only show on my forehead

• Woah
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
I microneedle in the morning apply at night
The minox and tret is compounded by my doc so I’m not sure about the % of tret but minox is 7%
Is jojoba oil black seed oil or smth different?
Also I didn’t microneedle my forehead only my scalp however the burns only show on my forehead
Don't quote me on this... but I have heard that micro-needling daily is counter productive; the most optimal way is to do 1.5mm once every 7-10 days and do 0.1-0.3mm every other day a few hours before applying topicals.

Maybe the tret concentration is too high? I just buy min on ebay and squeeze some tretinoin cream in there lol. Its easy to adjust dosage and its cheaper as well.

Yeah it is a seed oil, its a great moisturizer and anti irritant.

• +1
Don't quote me on this... but I have heard that micro-needling daily is counter productive; the most optimal way is to do 1.5mm once every 7-10 days and do 0.1-0.3mm every other day a few hours before applying topicals.

Maybe the tret concentration is too high? I just buy min on ebay and squeeze some tretinoin cream in there lol. Its easy to adjust dosage and its cheaper as well.

Yeah it is a seed oil, its a great moisturizer and anti irritant.
Oh nah I don’t microneedle everyday I do it every Sunday but on the the day I do it I space out my minoxidil application by at least 12 hour.
I’ll ask my doc about the tret concentration curious to see what it is

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Oh nah I don’t microneedle everyday I do it every Sunday but on the the day I do it I space out my minoxidil application by at least 12 hour.
I’ll ask my doc about the tret concentration curious to see what it is
If you find out it is over 0.1%, headbutt him. Your chad skull will splatter his brains all over his office.

• +1
brb going acidfacing :p

Damn wth

• +1
View attachment 1004668
Some minox and tret falls onto my forehead inevitably when I apply it and it burns like a mother fucker.
is there anything I can apply to stop this from happening moisturiser doesn’t seem to do much.
exact same thing happened to me
I first applied the tret 0.5 and then minox and burnt like crap then got a scab but it peeled of after 2 days

• +1